1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Boy Meets World on TeenNick?

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by moose_tracks12, Jul 19, 2017.

1. moose_tracks12

moose_tracks12 Active Member

Today we see TeenNick pretty much exclusively air sitcoms from Nickelodeon, primarily their newest ones, with the oldest ones being iCarly, Zoey 101 and Victorious. The only distinction out of all of this TeenNick programming is an hour of Boy Meets World that's been airing every weeknight at 9p for over a year now, finishing off the TeenNick lineup and leading into NickSplat.

In no way am I mad about Boy Meets World on TeenNick (It's one of my favorite shows). I'm just confused as to why TeenNick is airing this one Disney-owned property next to everything else that's Viacom-owned, it's just a bit of an odd balance to me. Nick at Nite would be understandable, but TeenNick? Why is this?

P.S. Boy Meets World also is a slightly more inappropriate and heavy subject-filled show than all the other shows on TeenNick that air before it.

#1 moose_tracks12, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  2. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think Nick@Nite is a good fit for any Disney related shows like Boy Meets World.
    Even Parent Trap, Disney movie has had so much history airing on Nick@Nite for quite some time.

3. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

It is definitely an odd choice, heck I was blown away that this show was on Teenick right at the time Girl Meets World was still ongoing, despite it being the predecessor of said show.

4. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

It doesn't make sense that's for sure!

BMW should be on Freeform while they should swap their more clean family-friendly shows like Reba & Gilmore Girls for TeenNick

5. HombreSinNombre

HombreSinNombre James Earl Jones

I thought it was odd when it was first picked up for MTV2 but obviously it did well there for awhile along with Saved By The Bell. I think it makes or made sense as a lead in for NickSplat as it bridges demos thanks to the spin-off.

#5 HombreSinNombre, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  6. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Might be old news but as of now, it is no longer airing on teenick.