1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why I love you guys...

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by nightwing_38116, May 12, 2001.

1. nightwing_38116

I tried posting on another board to trade anime, etc. now I have this utter psycho posting bull$#!+ about me and she's even followed me to another board and telling people that I'm untrustworthy and other crap all because I want to trade off my old commercial anime. And I've NEVER dealt with her.

Well, I realize what a great board this and what wonderful mods we have. Everyone here (for the most) gets along and spats can be settled like adults. I feel that this makes this board a cut above the rest.

2. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

yes

I feel alot of love in this place right now, its eminating from you all. Big Toonzoners group hug.

3. nightwing_38116

4. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Why I love these boards....

basically for the same reasons as set above. I used to frequent newsgroups, especially the DVD newsgroup, but way too many people were so elitest on that board, too condescending, and down right mean. Unless you knew the ins and outs of DVDs and have been following each and every release since 1997, and unless you loved widescreen to the point that your opinions had to be forced upon everybody else and you were almost miltant towards those who were for full screen, you were pretty much torn apart on that newsgroup. Any newbie posting a question about Star Wars or Indiana Jones wondering when they were coming out on DVD were immediately ridiculed by many of the long time posters on the board, as were alot of people just ridiculed and made a fool of if they asked a question the "elite" didn't like.

Like wise with the message boards at some comic book websites I've been to. People with too much time on their hands would invariably find something to nit pick at and would ridicule others for different views and what not.

There is a WHOLE lot of negativity on other boards out there, and in many different newsgroups. I haven't ever seen any of it on the WF board, nor in the Toon Zone boards now that I am looking at those now. So this is truly a special place!

5. The Flash

The Flash Fastest Man Alive

[​IMG] .....I agree.

6. Batmite

Batmite Guest

i feel ya brotha.

7. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The Boards

It has alot to you with you guys. The best discussions are between the people who are truly passionate and enjoy and respect the opinions of others. Not those who just force their views down the throats of others. A great example is even though we still get countless 'HOW DO I GET BB:ROTJ UNEDITED' posts, no one lashes out at them. We help them. nightwing_38116 pitches in, or one of us directs him/her to the info they need. I think we got the best of the best here.

8. Crazy8s

Crazy8s Guest

This board

has always been one of my favorites!:) We are able to discuss anything here passionately, yet rationally--even religion and politics--and we respect one anothers' opinions, no matter how different! And where else can I find as many intelligent, adult minded animation fans?! Gotta luv this place!!:D

9. Scythemantis

Scythemantis With Soar-Throat Ghost

This is the one of the only message boards I even bother checking up on now.Other boards have had people nasty to the point that I feel I may require therapy to get over the trauma (and Im actually serious) And I refuse to talk about any of my other experiences,

Except the people I affectionattely call the "cat nazis" at a pets message board.I never posted there,but watched in awe at how SHOCKINGLY harsh and vicious the regulars were to anyone who didnt treat their cat like a GOD...and Im not talking about the usual rudeness here...I mean anyone who didnt brush their cats teeth,take it to the vet every week and clean the litterbox twice a day was met with vulgarity,death threats,bomb threats... even computer hacking!

Luckily,the board is long,long gone.

10. Clayface

Clayface Molecularly Malleable Mod

Yep, I agree. I sometimes come across as harsh to some people here on the boards, but regardless, I do try to respect everyone's opinions. I've been driven away from a board or two in my time by the harshness of the old timers to "newbies" - there's several Transformers discussion borads that pop into my mind that I now try to avoid due to the arrogance of the moderators and regular posters.

11. James Harvey

Newbies

Yeah - I've seen newbies on some boards treated horribly when they ask some quesitons that has already been asked. A good example of this is the horrid official MARVEL BOARDS. Everyone just flames and fights there. The DC Boards are better than Marvel, but still treat the ocasional newbies like dung. But the DC Boards are pretty good, much better than the WB Boards. Not to blow our own horn again, but we try and greet newbies with open arms and treat everyone the same. We may have to remind posters of the rules now and again, but I think we treat everyone fair. I think the realtionships between the posters and moderators have to be tight and important to have a smoothe running, friendly board, and that's what we try to do here. We try to be 100% approachable to everyone, and I like to think we're doing a great job. Besides, I think we are with the maturity I see here everyday with almost every single one of you great posters on all the boards.

And there I go...rambling on again...:)

12. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Yes, we're a civil and intelligent lot here.

My problem with most boards is that the people are utter imbeciles who don't have an inkling of syntax or grammar or that they are blatantly intolerant of other's views. I've actually been booted from one forum just because I talked a lot about my ex-girlfriend and for some reason that upset people. I changed my name there and stayed away from that topic...but I made a tiny slip-up somehow, and now those Stalinists have frozen me out by banning my I.P. number. I won't say which board it was, so I won't embarass them...but if you'll permit me, I will spit in their general direction... :: ptoo :: There...I feel vindicated.
    I admit, I haven't been a perfect angel on these boards...but the people here are a lot more forgiving when I'm at my worst than the [expletive deleted]s at the ***** Board. :: another ptoo :: And for this, mil gracias. :)

13. killercroc

killercroc Active Member

You're right of course

Another bad example is the Buffy boards over at the WB. People will gripe at you for not getting the spoiler warning Exactly right, but it's ok for them to put tags every one of their posts that take up about two screen. Also, they are very unfriendly towards newbies. If you're gonna put that many conditions on being my friend, fuhgedaboutit.

This board, on the other hand, seems like family.

14. Inque

Inque Liquid Darkness

Re: Yes, we're a civil and intelligent lot here.

[color=6666cc]
    inkling........ :)

anyways, i love all of ya guys a lot too! you're all like my second family. :)[/color]

15. James Harvey

Hey!

We just do what we can and try to treat everyone best we can.

16. Bud 'n Lou

Bud 'n Lou Let me dirty up your mind

This is the only board I go to as well. At another board I was at, I was totally rejected by the people there. I thought maybe in the site's chatroom I could make friends with some of them easier, but they were pretty cold and kinda ignored me. ANYWAY, *puts away the violin* WF is a very comfy environment, despite the occassional Arkham escapee. Although, I must admit it's sometimes fun to watch the chaos at other boards and giggle gleefully at them. Hey, it's a perfectly healthy, safe way to relieve stress!

17. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

now you all know how I felt!

In the past, I lost contact with the Worlds Finest board for several days. And when it switched to Toonzone.net, I had some difficulty in getting my account activated for a few days as well. So you can all imagine how much I missed the boards at those times! I even went "slumming" to a couple other boards when all looked bleak, and there are no boards like these boards!

[​IMG]

18. James Harvey

Other Boards

It is a guilty pleasure of mine to look at the chaos of some of the other boards, and how mean and rude some people can be. I got crucified on a movie board for not knowing the release date of some movie. I was torn apart peice by peice, and that makes me appreciate the work that myself and fellow mods put into this place.

19. Peace Keeper

Peace Keeper Guest

At another board I was at, I was totally rejected by the people there.

:eek: You mean, This is the REJECT BOARD? I'm out of here!

20. James Harvey

Reject Board? Heck no! We have great compatible people here!