1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does Nicktoons air live action when it should air on TeenNick?

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Anthony Riley, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Anthony Riley

Anthony Riley Member

I think all live action shows that air on Nicktoons should move to TeenNick and replace the live action shows on Nicktoons with older Nicktoons like Carscratch, The X's, Kappa Mikey, My Life as a Teenage Robot, El Tigre Danny Phantom, and PLEASE cut down on the Spongebob marathons. We see Spongebob enough on Nickelodeon. Should all live actions move to TeenNick?

2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I don't think they need to replace the live action shows with older Nicktoons (more recent shows should be fine, although I don't think My Life as a Teenage Robot and Danny Phantom would be completely out of the question), but I do agree the live action shouldn't be on the network (although I honestly wouldn't be that bothered if they keep airing Power Rangers). Also, do they really air that many SpongeBob marathons? I don't pay much attention to Nicktoons' schedule, but I think SpongeBob just airs at night, and other than this week, I don't hear much about them doing marathons.

#2 PinkiePie97, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  3. SpongieLoud

SpongieLoud Member

Same, I would prefer them airing shows such as Loud House, SpongeBob and Alvinnn during those hours since they aren't really on during the morning and early afternoon hours because of Nick Jr.

4. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

It could be that Nicktoons airs these programs to fill in space with modern programming so they can do well. Sure the Channel is named Nicktoons but then again some of these shows are aimed for kids and that is what I believe could be the reason why they are airing these kidcoms on the channel, to others dismay.

5. Anthony Riley

Anthony Riley Member

They could at least air older Nicktoons like Danny Phantom, My Life as a Teenage Robot, El Tigre, Kappa Mikey, and other shows from the 90's and 2000's that don't air on NickSplat.

6. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Nickelodeon isn't gonna air old cartoons to fill up the schedule. I agree that the live-action shows should be taken off of Nicktoons, but they will not be replaced by shows that have long since ended. They will simply air current cartoons like Spongebob, The Fairly OddParent, The Loud House, and Bunsen.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anthony Riley

Anthony Riley Member

Or they might air Fanboy and Chum Chum, Planet Sheen, Monsters vs Aliens, Tak and the Power of JuJu, more PGBC, more Breadwinners, more Sanjay and Craig, and more older Nicktoons.

8. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

The last three is possible. But most of those have ended for quite some time.

9. Yin

Yin Depressed Housecat

didnt nick lose rights to Kappa Mikey

10. Antonio Bravo

Antonio Bravo IDOL UP!

Maybe it's because they were tired of airing Nicktoons all day and night on the channel and want to start something new, I'm afraid. I have a feeling Nicktoons might get a rebrand as Nickelodeon 2 but that's just me.

11. Yin

Yin Depressed Housecat