1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does everyone want ghost rider to be on netflix

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by qadleez, Sep 24, 2016.

1. qadleez

qadleez Active Member

I get that ghost rider would have less censorship on netflix but do u guys seriously think that netflix has the money and the budget to do a full on ghost rider show. There's a reason why all the current marvel netflix shows have no cgi special effects. A ghost rider show on netflix would look ugly . Him being on agents of shield would be the better deal, u get great writing, better cgi, but with some mild censorship here and there.

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, I think there is a fallacy in which people think a Marvel character on Netflix automatically equates to a great show. I guess this stems from people who always had some gripe with the way the movies are run or never liked the ABC material from the start. Idk.

I loved the look of Ghost Rider in the season premiere. I was mesmerized by the transformation scene when he fought Quake. The show is an hour later so there should be a little less censorship. We shall see. And as you said, the VFX team on AOS knows their stuff at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I would guess the immediate thinking would be Netflix supplies full on gory violence. Appropriate to the character demographic. I was a fan of 90's GR, as well, and can see what the argument is for. I just don't know if its feasible though. Yes, you watch something like Stranger Things and imagine GR tv series. I think Marvel should invest in a few mini series like Agent Carter S1. Except they use like 3-4 eps to tell one story beginning and end. Both GR Black Widow and others could benefit from it, especially if they show it in theaters as well.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

4. ToonLoon

ToonLoon Member

I would personally prefer not to sentence any Marvel character to be trapped in the television ghetto, segregated from the MCU proper. Ghost Rider finally done right on the big screen would be the ideal situation. I would be ok with introducing him on Netflix if he was allowed to leave at some point.

5. qadleez

qadleez Active Member

But wh