1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Does Cambria Studios Seem To Receive Less Detestation Than Hanna-Barbera?

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Dawalk, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Dawalk

Dawalk Member

I ask this because I read several negative comments by others on various sites about Hanna-Barbera. I know that throughout much of its existence, it may not had been what many would consider to be one of the best cartoon studios, due to the animation quality being limited and cheap. And I know there are several, other reasons besides what I just mentioned. Although Hanna-Barbera may had been known for its cheap production qualities for the longest, another studio, Cambria, with its syncro-vox cartoons, was even cheaper. I'm sure that studio has had its haters too over the decades. But still, why does it seem that Cambria always receives less hate from some while Hanna-Barbera receives more? I'd think it would've been the other way around in terms of which animation studio gets the most hate because of which has the lower quality. As I said, Cambria was even cheaper than H-B and the syncro-vox cartoons (which I've never seen, but read and know about) were at their cheapest. I'm just saying, that would've made more sense to me. Is it because Cambria didn't last as long nor have as large a filmography? If that's so, then all those who complain about many of H-B's cartoons should read about the syncro-vox cartoons or watch those themselves if they really want to see how cheap those cartoons could be. I didn't watch every H-B cartoon growing up and I haven't been as big a fan of H-B as I have of certain, other studios. However, after reading and learning more about the studio, several cartoons, and history, and when I even look back on them, I can see why some people have beef with the majority of them. All I'm saying is it'd make more sense for Cambria to receive more hate, since I don't read about that studio getting dissed as much. I've had this question on my mind for the longest and I just had the ask.

2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it's because Cambria isn't as well known as Hanna-Barbera. If something isn't as well known, then there won't be as much people to hate it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dawalk

Dawalk Member

That's what I figured. That makes sense, as I didn't know about Cambria for years until coming across it on various sites.

4. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Cambria wasn't around as long. Clutch Cargo, Space Angel, Captain Fathom, and let's not forget that they also did the animated Three Stooges w/o Synchro-vox. OBTW, Synchro-vox is still in use, mostly by Conan O'Brien on his show.