1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do people hat Ricky Sprocket: Showbiz Boy So Much?

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Tommypezmaster, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Tommypezmaster

Tommypezmaster Active Member

I watched this show when it was Nicktoons and I thought it was very good. But a lot o review saying that it was the worst thing they ever saw. I don't get why. It dosn't talk down to the audience or treat them like they don't matter. I wish I knew why. It's inventive, creative, original and defiantly a hidden gem.

2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I liked it when I was a kid, but I haven't seen it in years, so I don't know if it would hold up. Didn't know people hated it.

3. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I don't remember much of this show I remember only seeing it once. Though I never knew it was bad.

4. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

I've never heard of it

The name sounds super dippy though!

5. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

From my personal experience, it wasn't anything special - the concept seemed alright from a dream life perspective, but it's plots/stories and characters were pretty lackluster and predictable.

IMHO, just another show from Canada (no surprise) with a decent enough idea, but failed execution and characters that just drag it down to not being anything truly worthwhile.

6. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

I actually wanted to get the Nicktoons channel back then partly because of this show. I thought it looked pretty decent but I never saw it until I owned a DVD of it later on. I remember liking the show a lot, but now I haven't seen it in a long time so I'm not sure how it holds up today.

7. D-nice is the man.

I have seen the show and to be honest, I completely forgot about the series until it was mentioned again.