Why did you join Toonzone?

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by wonderfly, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler Senior Member

Looked over this site for about awhile thanks to Nick and More, and then I officially joined around Christmas 2011 when I was in 8th grade. As for why I joined....simply to post my opinions and thoughts in animation in general, as well as some of my personal experiences I've faced.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tumblenerd

Tumblenerd Member

Toonzone simply is the liveliest among all the animation forums, and believe me, I've seen a few. There's always something going on somewhere here. So many similar forums are ghost towns, ruled by jaded moderators.

First thing that struck me here were the many different forum sections, and all were populated and active. Nothing is as depressing as seeing something like "Last post: October 2014" in one of the main sections.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cunning Condor

Cunning Condor Unfriendly Cartoonist

Lack of feedback on my work, most likely.

I'm not known for being friendly or social, so claiming that I am looking to seek companionship would just be dishonest of me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

Is "because my momma said so" a good reason?

If not, probably for the sake of the message boards after however it was I discovered them (maybe looking up tv schedules to the kids networks). I'd known of this site a lot longer since (when the schedule pages were really active including show pages, but never looked around enough to see these'd existed so that's a bit of a bummer. Actually had a prior account as well but had forgotten PW - possibly even e-mail.

5. Megumi

Megumi ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆

The CN forum back when it was very active and people got into fights over dumb things. I miss those days. I had lurked for well over a year before I decided to get in on the fun. I stayed for the Anime and the AS (before the Toonami revival) boards, though. Mostly because Pokemon is now off CN and I stopped watching after DP.

6. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't really recall how I found toonzone, but it was around 2006, and I liked finding a place that was passionate about talking about animation. I still in high school and especially pumped about American Dragon: Jake Long (remember that? It was okay), and was mixed about Cartoon Network's current schedule, but still watched it anyway. My interests and tastes morphed a lot since then, as well as my experience on here (I was kind of a problem child, all things considered), but I'm still here, and it's interesting to see how the community has changed along.

Not even just with the newer members, but the ones who have been here nearly as long as I have, and even longer. We've all changed, a lot for the better.

7. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

It may have been by accident. It was in 2001 around the time Adult Swim first launched on Cartoon Network. I must have stumbled upon Toonzone's Adult Swim board while searching for more information about the block. I joined a couple of months later.

8. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Cripes, I don't even remember why I joined. I think it was because of some drama in the Toonami thread back when Geass was airing and I thought this place would be amusing to sign up for, which is a weird reason to join...I think the other reason was so I could discuss Hey Arnold and related stuff.

9. Markus Nelis

Markus Nelis CN Fan

I joined toonzone because there is no member on CN Int Thread who tell us about news from CN NU so I tell for myself.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pusheen The Cat

Pusheen The Cat The Unofficial Pusheen The Cat User On Toonzone

I have discovered TZ on 2016 and i joined because i wanted to make my account clean.

11. jenrya

jenrya New Member

I started reading the board 8 or 9 years ago but was too nervous to talk on it. I don't really have a lot of friends so figured I would start posting and maybe make some friend who like the same stuff as me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. James Bester

James Bester Screaming for Vengeance

I joined 13 years ago and have posted sporadically for several years now. I originally joined to find out more about the fate of Toonami since it was leaving weekdays on Cartoon Network and becoming Saturday-exclusive. I got a lot of entertainment out of Matt Wilson's (Who here remembers that guy?) critiques that he used to post on here, along with the old fantasy schedule threads that people used on the Toonami board. I also seemed to take joy in being a troll back in those days in order to deal with personal issues. It's funny looking back and seeing how this forum has managed to stand the test of time, while the majority that I have posted on are long gone.

13. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

For the monkeys and the pie.

14. Looney Turtles

Looney Turtles Active Member

Because I've always had a love for animated shows, and just about any other forum about them out there is dead, and since this place actually had some decent activity, I've went ahead and joined. I lurked here for several months, before finally deciding to join.