1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Why did you join Toon Zone?

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by lemonhead75, May 13, 2008.

1. lemonhead75

lemonhead75 Insane? Quite possibly.

How did you first hear of Toonzone? What made you decide to create a account? What do you like most about Toonzone?

I joined several months ago because I thought it would ba a good way to express my opinions, which it is.:D

2. J-man

J-man Rock on kid, rock on...

I joined because one night I was insanely bored, yet not tired at all, so I decided to surf the net until I found something interesting...and that's how Toonzone and I met.

My favorite things about Toonzone are that it showed me that lots of other people other than just kids like cartoons, and that it is a place on the web that always holds polite and productive discussions, something I thought I'd never find.

3. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

I saw the site linked quite a bit on various other sites I visited. I found the topics that were being posted interesting, and over time I gained the desire to add my own feedback to the forum. That's basically it.

4. Zach Logan

Zach Logan We are Maji!

It was 2002, and I was really interested in Toonami.

5. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

Migrated here from Jeff Harris's old Toonami board.

6. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Refugee from Jeff's old CNX boards.

7. cathedral

cathedral mute poet

found it surfing. hung around. noticed that not a single question passed without (eventually) the correct answer. i suppose it doesn't hurt that a large percentage of my time is spent playing video games or watching anime and movies or (gah!) reading sci-fi novels.

8. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

I looked up "Toonami forum" on google (liked Toonami and wanted to discuss it) and the toonami subforum of Toonzone came up (first thing on the list), and thats how it happened.

9. The Nameless

The Nameless Demoted Regular

Used to be 12. Used to lurk in the TZ shadows. Then I turned 13, and joined.

10. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Interestingly, I first discovered this place when I went to an Adult Swim fansite that linked to the Adult Swim board here when it was first created wayyyyyyy back in 2001. It's funny because I never even posted in that forum very much, and still don't to this day. I joined because I wanted to talk about Adult Swim, and now I love it for the fact that it's arguably the best message board on the net dedicated to animation.

11. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

I often visited TZ for the good news coverage, reviews and schedules (which really need to be updated, by the way), and eventually joined after lurking the forums for six months or so.

12. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

I had just gotten booted off of TV.com last June (ironically, around the same time that I was considering leaving there), and I was looking for a place where I could discuss animation seriously for a change. (I'm also on The Big Cartoon Database under the username Starburst, but BCDB, while a good site, gets kind of slow sometimes.) My brother Blackstar told me he had found this site, and that it seemed pretty good. I lurked for a couple of days, and discovered to my delight that the people here were civilized human beings who actually knew their stuff, not rowdy, nasty kids who just wanted to rant insanity and flame each other to death. So I joined, and (so far) I'm still here.

#12 Silverstar, May 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2008
  13. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

I can't remember specifically, but I think it was a review linked from another site/forum. I read the review, then read the comments (I always do). I looked around, liked what I saw, and here I am. :)

14. James Bester

James Bester Screaming for Vengeance

I actually joined here when I heard about Toonami moving to Saturdays. I went to get some information, and I ended up here. Didn't know I'd end up staying here for 4 years though.

15. Light Ichigo

Light Ichigo Member

I don't remember how I got here. I'd say it was a link in a reference section on Wikipedia in about 2005.

16. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Basically, I was looking for a new place to haunt after getting banned (unjustly, IMO) from TV.com. I tried a couple of other forums like TVRage and Animation Insider, but they were both kind of dull. I'd been to Toon Zone before, but only to read news on animation, and to find pictures and information on shows. I checked to see if Toon Zone had a forum, I lurked for a couple of days, liked what I read, and then joined.

17. The Nameless

The Nameless Demoted Regular

Heh, I have a TV.com account I haven't found any "rowdy, nasty kids" yet. But I have found atrocious grammar, awful spelling, and a weirdo obsessed with heartbeats.

18. cathedral

cathedral mute poet

also i joined TZ back when there were some older guys (50s i think) but i can't remember their names who had some great words about world affairs and things like that. and debates about world affairs are A-W-E-S-O-M-E awesome! that reminds me...

19. Ykwia

Ykwia Active Member

Found it through fridays.toonzone.net, Didn't join until 2006.

20. Harlan_Phoenix

Harlan_Phoenix Active Member

I like cartoons.