Why Did You Choose Your Current Avatar Version 4.0

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by defunctzombie, Dec 9, 2010.

1. defunctzombie

defunctzombie Cutie Pie

Since the older one was as stuffed as a turkey, it's time to begin anew.

Here are the rules, they're pretty simple. Explain why you have chosen your particular avatar. Who is it? Where did it come from? Etc. etc.

Click here to read through the previous thread.

Mine? I seemed to have kept it longer than usual, but you can't go wrong with Bowser.

2. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

[​IMG]

I thought I needed a change in pace as far as avatar goes, and whom better than 2 of my favorite characters that were introduced in Generation IV of Pokémon. I found this image on another site, thought it was cute, and decided to make it my avatar. Thinking about it, this might be the first time I used an avatar that has nothing but girls in it. My previous one with Dawn had Ash in it, but since she was paired with a boy in it, I'm not sure if that counts.

3. firefoxprime

firefoxprime 90s = Golden Years

[​IMG]

If you're a foxkids vet like me, then you know DarkWarGreymon is a beast.:cool:
    I'm still quite new, and needed to personalize myself a bit more. Eureka 7 pics just weren't gonna cut it. Also, no pics to match my name. Firefoxprime? Most people would think of that web browser and transformers...but its actually:

Firefox + Prime = Starfox(fav SSBros) special finisher move + Optimus

4. The Nameless

The Nameless Demoted Regular

What happens if threads get too big, out of curiosity?

Also, on topic now, I've been meaning to switch to a picture of Chuck Jones's Grinch.

5. defunctzombie

defunctzombie Cutie Pie

Not quite sure, but we do it. It's probably a database thing. This one was getting very fat and needed to lose weight.

6. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

That's what that was? I just thought it was some random mecha from some random mecha show I probably never heard of or watched. Good picture, by the way.

7. Kiddington

Kiddington tut tut

Yesterday, CN was, believe it or not, airing Wakko's Wish. I happened to catch it for the first time in about five years or so, and it was as great as I remember. I liked it so much, in fact, that I'm making Wakko Warner (in a scene from the movie) my new avatar for the time being.

Although it's not really a true Christmas avatar, it still fits in well with the holidays and this time of the year, given that the majority of that movie took place in winter. So... yeah.

8. The Nameless

The Nameless Demoted Regular

Hopped on the bandwagon here a bit late, with Chuck Jones's Grinch.

(Also noticed a bunch of posts have disappeared, what with Harley's struggle with the unruly server)

9. Vyse

Vyse New Member

[​IMG]
    With the recent server/database battles deleting the original post, might as well post this again, and with a little editing for correctness. This is Yumi Sugimoto (foreground) and Hidenori Tokuyama (background) reprising their roles as Go-On Silver and Go-On Gold in the Shinkenger VS Go-Onger movie. It was my Christmas avatar last year and is brought back again - this time as a complete re-crop and re-size from the original still to match the dimensions of new Twitter and Friends of TZ - for various reasons.

1) I like Go-Onger, the basis for Power Rangers RPM. Yes, it was silly, but it was good and entertaining.

2) Yumi Sugimoto is hot.

3) I just like this avatar and may bring it back again next year, just like how I bring back the Nic-Cage-as-Fu-Man-Chu avatar every April Fools Day and random instance with meaning (see when I bought Grindhouse on Blu-ray, home to the Nic-Cage-as-Fu-Man-Chu in the Werewolf Women of the SS trailer).

4) In November, when I was confused/undecided on a Japanese wall calendar to hang in my room, I established a poll to allow Internet people to vote on deciding between 2 wall calendars - that of Yumi Sugimoto or of J-pop goddess Ayumi Hamasaki. 3 people picked Sugimoto; 2 picked Hamasaki. The Yumi Sugimoto calendar should arrive this week. Thank you, Marvin Tikvah and the 4 others who took the time to vote.

10. Temple Fugate

Temple Fugate New Member

No Christmas cheer from me. Too busy with my time traveler stunt. Next week is the final avatar.

Does anyone else remember Time Trax? I'm a little embarrassed by this avatar just because Darien looks like he's cosplaying as a New Kid on the Block, but it was the best quality image I could find.

11. CatChancey

CatChancey New Member

I thought this character was funny: Ortensia is Oswald the Lucky Rabbit's wife/girlfriend from Epic Mickey. They've apparently been making babies since the 1950s - they have 420 kids.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2010
  12. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Because it is George Wood.

13. defunctzombie

defunctzombie Cutie Pie

Maybe it's because I don't know who George Wood is, but what's with the user title?

14. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

See here.

Content warning: This is Retsupurae so it may be inappropriate but the NAVGatR people apparantly deleted the original so...

15. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator

Excellent choice! I loved Time Trax. Hope it gets released on DVD sometime.

16. defunctzombie

defunctzombie Cutie Pie

I changed mine to a different shot from the same game as the last. The user title, "100% prime-cut final boss", comes from his reluctance to help Mario. He does it for his new wifey, Peach.

I'd like to point out that they are technically still married. :evil:

17. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator

Nearly went with a classic image of Frank Zappa in a Santa hat, but I found this pic of Demi Lovato hanging with Pluto during Disney's Christmas Day Parade from last year, and I had to use it. Too cute to resist.

18. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men

With Christmas over, I decided to promote my current obsession: Supernatural. These are the brothers Winchester--Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles)--hunters of all things supernatural. While the show has ghosts and demons and various things that go bump in the night, the main draw is the relationship between the brothers and is really fascinating. Jared and Jensen have wonderful chemistry and they have wonderful, witty dialogue to work with. The show is very well plotted and written... basically, it's awesome.

The show's on its midseason break right now and I'm eagerly awaiting new episodes starting January 28.

19. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

Since Christmas is over, I decided it was time to change it.

[​IMG]

It's Claus and Lucas from one of my favorite games on the GBA, Mother 3. This was from a fanflash showing off all the protagonists from all 3 games in the Mother/Earthbound series, and since Mother 3 is my favorite entry into the series for many, many reasons, and I kind of liked Claus and Lucas as characters, I decided to give this shot a go around.

20. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

I wanted something a bit more masculine for a change. I think 90% of the avatars that I have ever used on here were either of female characters or of gender neutral things like the Aperture Science logo. Hotel Dusk was one of my favorite games so I figured I might as well go with Kyle Hyde. I really like it and I'll probably stick with it for a very long time.