1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Did You Choose Your Current Avatar: File III

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by purplehairedwonder, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

My previous avatar was Tenshinhan using a kiai to deflect Tao Pai Pai's Super Dodon-Pa.

[​IMG]

And...now...Piccolo receiving a Chô Kamehame-Ha during his fight with Gokû!

[​IMG]

2. DaffyDonaldQW93

I didn't tell this for a while until Mr . Ruegger knew about this.

Another Supremes avatar.....

3. Don_East

Don_East A regular character.

Now what's this, Christmas time is here and Don has a cute girl with a Santa hat who is NOT Orihime? Has he been replaced by a cheap imitator? No, I've been on such a Sailor Mercury kick right now and I can't help myself. I'm trying to make an animated gif of several girls for my Christmas avatar but to no avail.

4. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

[​IMG]
    It's the holidays. Time for me to break out the Gundam Wing for my once-a-year view-a-thon as I go through all of Wing before Christmas, where I watch Endless Waltz. So, my avatar (which is the same on Twitter and been like that for a little bit longer) is Zechs Merquise, aka Milliardo Peacecraft, aka Preventer Wind.

5. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

[​IMG]

You better watch out, you better go hide,
    you're gonna get shot, I'm telling you why.
    Heavy Claus is gunning you down.

He's making a fist, and shaking it twice.
    He's gonna hit you with his left then his right.
    Heavy Claus is beating you down.

He knows when you are sniping,
    he'll kill all in his wake,
    he knows if you're a spy or not
    so you better kill for goodness sake.

Oh you better watch out. You're going to cry.
    If you touch Sasha, you're going to die!
    'Cause Heavy Claus is targeting you NOW!

Well, since everyone else is prepping their holiday avatar, and I decided to retire my Pearlshipping Christmas card of an avatar, so I decided to go with TF2 fanart.

6. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men
    Staff Member Moderator

I jumped on the holiday bandwagon since it is now December. I've got a chibi Kurama with reindeer antlers taken from a fanart of all four of the main cast of YYH in holiday regalia... but as Kurama is my favorite character of all time, I naturally went with him.

7. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, it's December (or almost, just about 30 minutes away here in California), so up goes my Christmas avatar. I played around with a couple different ones today but wasn't satisfied, so I just went with the one I used for the last two Decembers.

8. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

As big of a Yngwie fanboy that I am(mostly for ironic purposes, but still), I decided to put up an avatar of my dream rush- Alison Mosshart, lead singer of The kills and Dead Weather. Gotta love the sleazy rock chick.

Why did I put this up? Oh, no reason.:p

9. Kiddington

Kiddington tut tut

It's now December, so... *insert mandatory Christmas avatar*

Nah, it's fine. I was looking at a couple of different ones, and ultimately chose Squidward in a Santa suit (from the Spongebob Christmas episode, back when that show used to be... well, you know, good).

I'm not sure if this'll be my permanent December avatar or not, though. Being a big Seinfeld fan, I'd like to get at least one Festivus related avatar in here at some point. There were some other Christmas themed ones that I liked as well, but passed on for right now. We'll see.

10. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

It's December, it's a time to be holly, jolly, and happy, but true to form, I have accepted a different kind of celebration. Not so much a celebration but a lamentation, since i can.

For Santa is dead, and we have killed him.

11. Bloody Marquis

Bloody Marquis Quite smashing, eh?

But alas, my avatar is the ghost of Christmas past, and can bask in the glory of Christmas where Santa's still alive... at least until another Time War happens.

12. Darklordavaitor

Staff Member Moderator

Now I've got the cover for Cynic's Focus, one of my all time favorite albums. I love death metal and jazz fusion, and although there have been combinations of the genre before and after Focus, I don't think anything can compete with it on a technical, emotional, or philosophical level. My only problem is that it's pretty short(only about a half hour), but otherwise, it's one of the few albums I always come back to.

I also get a lot of play out of their follow-up Traced in Air and their recent EP Re-Traced. I just really love Cynic.

13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, its Christmas, and I enjoyed Sonic Colors, so...

14. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Worse than one of those little blue crunchy things

No reason. Just thought the heroines from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt would make a good play on a Christmas song.

15. Darklordavaitor

Staff Member Moderator

I'm normally not one for Christmas avatars, but I found a great shot of Daffy in his Santa suit from "Daffy Duck Hunt" that I thought I would share. Any time I get a chance to use my favorite cartoon character, I'll take.:)

16. The Nameless

The Nameless Demoted Regular

I'm having trouble coming up with a good idea for a Christmas avatar.

Probably not a big deal, though, as I don't post here as often as I used to.

17. Darklordavaitor

Staff Member Moderator

Since I have a picture of Rolf up on Facebook for the site's Childhood Cartoon Character week, I figured I should have an image of the Eds for my avatar here. I love the way they're looking here, like they're gazing into the post below me.

18. Kiddington

Kiddington tut tut

Well, that didn't last long. Probably my shortest lived avatar on here, so far. Sorry Squid, but you just weren't cutting it for me.

Anywho, on to the next. Believe it or not, my new avatar is Christmas related, even without the obligatory Santa hat. Wanna guess what animated Christmas special it's from? Go ahead... guess.

Eh, forget that. I'll just tell you; it's a background scene from Ed Edd n Eddy's Jingle Jingle Jangle. I was trying to find some good pics from that episode, and this was the one that I liked the most. Most of the character shots turned out too small, and you couldn't really tell who they were, so ultimately I thought a background shot looked the best.

19. Darklordavaitor

Staff Member Moderator

And the Eds would look at that with approval. I somehow forgot how beautiful the backgrounds look in that special.

Now I'm in a Zappa kind of mood. This guy is a messiah to many, me included. If you want to know why, check out his arguments on free speech, or just play basically any of his albums.

20. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

[​IMG]

The older Piccolo Daimaô gasps in fear. Could it really be the Mafû-Ba?!*

*No Piccolo, it's just some technique called 'Kamehame-Ha'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.