1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Did You Choose Your Current Avatar: File III

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by purplehairedwonder, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men
    Staff Member Moderator

As Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 is coming out in 12 days, I decided to change my avatar to celebrate. The user title comes from one of the first musical numbers in A Very Potter Sequel where Harry learns he's famous--he's Harry freakin' Potter!

2. The Nameless

The Nameless Demoted Regular

Someone on another forum made this, but is not currently using it.

It's from the crappy Dingo Pictures "Aladin" movie, and I thought it was funny-looking:

[​IMG]

Also, "Creepy." was the best title I could think of. Kind of fits it.

3. Dixie_Chick89

Dixie_Chick89 Clemont fan

I chose my current avatar because Dawn's my favorite female Pokemon character.

4. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

[​IMG]
    Since I changed my avatar on Twitter, I might as well change it here...
    ...This is Soul Eater from, well, Soul Eater. I've been watching the series heavily over Netflix "Watch Instantly" and been enjoying it.

5. Kiddington

Kiddington tut tut

While in the midst of searching for some good Adventure Time pics, I came accross this interesting shot that features the title screen and characters of the show rendered in the same graphics as the title screen to Super Mario Bros. 2 (the NES version).

It's kinda hard to see, given that the size dimensions for avatars on this site is a little small, so here's a link to the full size picture (just in case you're interested in seeing how it looks normally).

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/100226-adventure-time.gif

As for my custom user title? Well... that's just plain random. :sweat:

6. Megumi

Megumi ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆

Even though I'm not going to buy any of the new games, I find myself really liking the fan art of Touko, Touyo, and Fuuro. So I find a very lovely image of Touko (With N hiding under her bed for stalking purposes I suppose) and decided to use it as my avatar here

7. The Nameless

Sometimes I wish we had bigger avatars. (On TV Tropes, they can be 100x100.)

8. Neomysterion

Neomysterion TZ's Resident Neopets King

My new custom fan-made Tashy 497 Avatar!

Here it is, guys, my recently whipped-up Tashy 497 avatar! It's from the latest episode of Sym-Bionic Titan, and I found that Tashy 497 guy very adorable! You like him? Great, here it is (only larger):
    [​IMG]

9. dothesmartthing

dothesmartthing Me too.

Did you make that drawing? It looks very cool.

10. Neomysterion

There were no Tashy 497 pictures, so I took action and made one of my own. I did a second one recently, cuter and a bit more accurate. :anime:
    [​IMG]

11. Marvin Tikvah

Marvin Tikvah Active Member

Donkey Kong Country Returns is just a few days away, and I am totally pumped for the game. Though it seems unlikely I will have it before Christmas, I still feel like displaying my love for that series.

I also love how Retro has included these beautiful sunset levels. Pre-rendered models may not be en vogue anymore, but cel-shaded stylized models like these are always welcome in my book.

12. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

I've been looking for an Avatar avatar... err.... Na'vi avatar for a while. Let me say, it was not exactly easy to get.

13. Neomysterion

Sorry for the sudden avatar change, fellas! I'm celebrating Neopets' 11th Birthday, and what better way than to do so with a wealthy Green Jetsam?

[​IMG]

Anywho, Happy 11th Birthday, Neopets!

Share the Neopian wealth with the ToonZone members!

14. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Yeah, I changed it again.:sweat: It's just that I came across this one and couldn't resist it.

15. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Spider-Friends has the greatest look for the Spider-Sense, and Spider-Man in animation
    I'm a Spidey-Holic
    Terrific ending for my favorite movie

16. The Nameless

You know there's nothing wrong with changing it constantly.

If I wasn't unwilling to use non-cartoon stuff here I'd do it too.

17. Cassie Star

Cassie Star I have no gender.

After months of having the University of Michigan football helmet as my avatar, I've changed it to a picture of Wembley Fraggle.

This is basically to match up with the other places I'm at online. I'm getting to watch Fraggle Rock for the first time thanks to The Hub and I absolutely love it.

18. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

[​IMG]

Now, you may be asking yourselves, why is the Pikachu in a highchair? Well, I don't know, except for maybe serving as a sight gag and so Pikachu could eat dinner with Ash, Ash's Mom, and Prof. Oak. I like this pic upon closer inspection.

19. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

[​IMG]
    Every year for the past four years, I've been getting Japanese wall calendars. Sure, they reflect Japanese holidays, but these things are poster-sized and include two months per page instead of one. This year, I'm stuck between deciding between two options:

Yumi Sugimoto - If you've watched Engine Sentai Go-Onger (the Sentai basis for Power Rangers RPM), she played Miu, aka Go-On Silver. She may have been in one of the goofiest Sentai series, Miu was one of my favorite characters.

Ayumi Hamasaki - J-Pop queen. Three of the four wall calendars I have gotten have been of her. And, she keeps her wall calendars classy. I would have gone with her again, but her calendar wasn't up when I was initially looking around.

I created a poll to let random Internet people make my decision. My avatar is a smaller version of this hastily-made-in-MS-Paint mash-up between Yumi Sugimoto (on the left during her stint on Go-Onger) and Ayumi Hamasaki (on the right from some time ago) for visual reference.

20. LadyRose

LadyRose Tress MacNeille Fan

I choose mine because I love Tress MacNeille!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.