1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Did You Choose Your Current Avatar: File III

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by purplehairedwonder, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men
    Staff Member Moderator

Over a year and 30+ pages later, it seemed like as good a time as any to start a fresh new thread for this.

The rules remain the same. What's your avatar and why did you choose it? Simple enough? Well, give us some details boys and girls because inquiring minds want to know these things!

I'll start this party off: My current avatar is from the Twilight movie poster. The movie opened today and I saw it and loved it. Hence, as a Twi-hard, I needed to celebrate.

Your turn!

2. tdifan88

tdifan88 Im a Jolly El Tigre fan too!

I've always wanted to go to the moon..and get the chance to become a cat for at least a day.

3. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Beause my name is Dr.Pepper.

4. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

I change mine all the time, but they usually have something to do with what I am interested in at the moment. My current one is the Joker from Lego Batman video game. I picked that one because he's a riot in the game. Random laughs and joy buzzers abound. Very violent for a kiddie game. :D

5. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

A pick i like from the last chapter of a certain something.

6. Ickis

Ickis Classic Directors Cut Edition

I'm proud of my recent abstract cat creation, I saw a formation when rubbing my eyes and I liked it outside of its football head yet whever I drew this guy his head always became a cicle accidently. The abstractness in this character is merely to differentiate him from my other characters and his oddity appeal (to myself), despite the fact that I typicly draw a robot cat that looks more like a real cat this abstract cats a real cat in my comics rather than the robot just for humor.

/\_/\
    ( | | )

7. Starbraces

Starbraces Dia de Los Devi

It's just a re-sized icon that I made a while back... and I do love Jimmy Neutron. A lot. So, I decided I needed a change

8. Chykin

Chykin Paca!

I decided the dancing potato was getting old. :shrug:

9. WolfieKiwi

WolfieKiwi We lil' devils

Kyoko from the anime adaptation of Skip Beat in her one of many stupefied expressions. She's got to be one of the best Shoujo leads out there.

Love Me~~~

10. Don_East

Don_East A regular character.

Tommarow's the 20th anniversary of MST3K. It's first ever episode, K01-Invaders From The Deep, aired on on the small Minnesota based station KTMA. No copy, official or fan made, has been available to the public along with K02-Revenge Of The Mysterons & K03-Star Force: Fugitive Alien II. As some might have figured it out, I'm a huge fan of this show. So I decided to show my fanboyish passion for something besides Orihime for once.

11. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

Watched the new Dragon Ball special and loved it, so I decided to use an avatar of Tarble, Vegeta's brother.

12. Marvin Tikvah

Marvin Tikvah Active Member

Continuing my trend of Street Fighter characters who will probably not make it into the 4th installement, I am now touting Karin from the Alpha series. She's probably one of my favorite characters, who uses a very unique style of fighting which makes for easy combos. She also has the best taunting laugh ever. The pic is from part of a piece created by an Udon artist, who really knows how to capture her arrogance in all his works.

13. -Catwoman-

-Catwoman- Made of sarcasm

I usually use this avatar in forums I join. It is one of the females from the GTA series (San Andreas, to be exact). I chose it because she reminds me of me when I used to go tanning <_<

14. Starbraces

Starbraces Dia de Los Devi

I thought Tulio and Miguel from The Road to Eldorado could use some recognition, having celebrated 8 years since the movie was made. An underrated classic with a great score, animation and voice acting (ah, the days of ad-libbing...)

15. Luna

Luna Daydreamer

I tend to use female characters from series I like (My original avatar back when I first started posting at Toon Zone was Luna from the Sailor Moon anime/manga...I've also had Hotaru/Sailor Saturn from Sailor Moon,Kagura from Inuyasha,and an avatar I made of myself as a South Park character)....Currently,I have Xion from the upcoming Kingdom Hearts DS game 358/2 Days (I've been a Disney fan my whole life,and Kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite video game series)....

16. All Star Blitz

All Star Blitz What the heck am I doing?

Because I don't like choosing avatars.

17. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I decided to return to an old favorite to celebrate Gundam 00's arrival on Sci-Fi Channel.

Mondays at 11 PM! Well worth watching.

18. Zeonic Freak

Zeonic Freak Make MD Geist Great Again!

Bubblegum Crisis is (hopefully) coming live action in 2 years.

So yea, im freaking stoaked for it!!!!...:D:anime:;):p

19. Don_East

Don_East A regular character.

Today's Thanksgiving, so I think that's a good enough excuse to use this picture of Orihime giving the cutest face while eating. I love a girl that likes to eat. :D

20. XOMiss_Samantha

XOMiss_Samantha Active Member

Santa Clause Setsuna! Gundam 00 for the Holidays :]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.