1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Why did Teen Titans purposely end on a cliffhanger episode?

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by CyberCubed, Apr 5, 2014.

1. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 Active Member

I don't see it that way, I hate that it ended like that anyway how could they beat that thing the way it is? And another thing, that wacky races episode, many may not care what Robin was trying to win but I do, just to end when he was revealing to the team is annoying and I hate that kind of storytelling.

2. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

The creature was meant to represent crime/injustice in all of it's forms. It wasn't meant to be defeated. It was meant to show that chaos is never ending and as such, there will be a need for super heroes. "Things Change" wasn't about defeating the creature, hunting down Slade or about Terra re-joining the Titans. It was about moving on with your life and accepting that nothing stays the same forever.

I'm not going to defend "Revved Up". It was a silly episode and the ending was weak.

3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Revved Up was a really fun episode - until the ending. It was still a pretty solid comedy filler episode, IMO.

4. DiamondedDragon

DiamondedDragon New Member

No, the real question that I have is why do the rest of the Titans remember Terra and Beast Boy does?

5. Orangesilentplanet

Orangesilentplanet New Member

Your analysis is right, but I still question the ending. I question whether or not television writers (whose moral compass I may disagree with) can leave their audience in such an ambiguous and emotional state. A great many fans were confused by the ending, and not happy with it. Did they get a chance to let their displeasure known with the producers?

For years, television has been getting less and less fun as the producers/writers have used the medium to present the characters and stories from their viewpoints. Just remember the fans are the ones "paying the salaries" of the people behind the programs, and I feel they have every right to shut off the television, when it makes them unhappy.

Orangesilentplanet

6. suckerpunch1411

suckerpunch1411 New Member

I'm confused on your question? maybe you worded it badly? Or perhaps did you mean "and beastboy doesn't"?

7. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

It wasn't a cliffhanger. At all. It was an ambiguous ending that raised questions that the audience was expected to answer themselves. That is entirely different than screwing over the audience with a cliffhanger. I would have much preferred the original Twin Peaks had done something similar. We'll see how the relaunch ends.

Teen Titans doing that was really cool. It is an adult form of storytelling and I like that they did it in a show geared at kids. It's one of the things I liked best about it.

8. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I always imagined the show was always going to go other routes outside of this cliffhanger, but came this unexpected move and most likely this was intended to be a lost episode.