1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why did Marvel Animation Age stop making sub-sites?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by TheLemsterPju, Jan 2, 2017.

1. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

It doesn't seem right that the DC side (World's Finest) is still updated with the current stuff, but the Marvel page stops at Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #1 TheLemsterPju, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  2. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

It was a mix of not having enough time to adequately do the work and a lack of interest in the current content Marvel Animation is churning out. Perhaps Stu can also elaborate more on this, but it's as simple as that. The work myself and the majority of other moderators and site admins do here at Toonzone is strictly on a volunteer basis, and done in our free time, so we all have other obligations in addition to our work here. As for The World's Finest, updates on that site are now selective in terms of what is covered (not every movie, show, etc., will be covered) as the staff working on that site (myself and the odd volunteer) have very limited time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

James summed it up perfectly.

The websites takes an awfully long time to create/maintain, and the interest in the shows is simply not there anymore. I don't keep up with any of the current animated shows/movies, due to the quality of said shows.

I also suffered a not so recent computer breakage, I lost most of the programs necessary to create/maintain the sites. Most of those work was done/aided by Bird Biy, who has also retired from WF/MAA. Creating websites is sadly rarely rewarding, and to be truthful, most of the joy came from working with Jim and Bird Boy, and we all became too busy to maintain them properly. Feedback, positive or negative, has always been rare at MAA, so one wondered if the site would be missed if it was archived and updates for the new shows ceased. My impression is that it isn't, sadly.

In conclusion, I have no plans to create more sites for the new shows.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

I'd actually been wondering if MAA was going to be updated. Anyway, thank you for the site, Stu. I discovered it in 2005, when I was looking to see if I was the only one who remembered that "Spider-Man show that aired in the 90s." It didn't take me long to realize it was connected to the World's Finest (which I had already discovered), and it didn't take long for me to find the forums. It was a great run, and I especially loved the retrospectives. Thanks also to anyone else involved in it. Super well done.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1