Why Aren't The Flintstone Kids Ever aired?

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Mr Flintstone, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Mr Flintstone

Mr Flintstone New Member

Why Aren't The Flintstone Kids Ever aired? (UPDATE)

It's an HB cartoon and it hasn't been on in years. Does anyone know why it hasn't been on Boom in years?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
  2. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

A lot of the Hanna Barbera library does not air on Boomerang anymore. It is just one of their many shows lost in the shuffle. I am a little bit surprised they did not add it to their current line-up of kid versions of famous cartoon characters. Baby Looney Tunes did not come back for that either.

3. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Active Member

It comes down to the usual reasons---rights and money. WB wants CN to pony up for a new license to air Flintstone Kids, and, well, you know the drill.........

4. astarisborn94

astarisborn94 New Member

I remember when they showed the Flintstone Kids during 2005 and 2006 on Boomerang and I would see it on weekends. Was pretty forgettable, so I can't say I'm sad to see it go.

5. Eric B

Eric B New Member

But since the Flintstone franchise is HB, which was owned by Turner (and this was before WB bought out all the properties), would they already have the rights to it?

6. Mr Flintstone

Mr Flintstone New Member

I'm for any cartoon of the 70's or 80's (even the ones I don't like) to be on Boomerang.

7. Mr Flintstone

Mr Flintstone New Member

Someone from Time Warner must be lurking on these boards. The Flintstone Kids is being aired this week.

8. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

From the looks of it though, this week only. They have an hour of Wacky Races in place of TFK and P&BB next week