1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's seen Atlantis? I thought it was REALLY Great! "Max" is in this movie too!

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by The Clown Prince, Jun 16, 2001.

1. The Clown Prince

The Clown Prince My God carries a big Hammer
    Staff Member Moderator

Once again I have to say SCREW the critics on this one. I thought Atlantis was a beautifully animated film with a really good story. I loved the Levithan sequence at the begining of the movie and the stone giants at the end of the film. Through out the movie I thought there was something familar about Princess Kida's voice. Only at the end when I watched the credits did I found out that "Max" Cree Summer provided the voice. I should have been mad as I hate Max, but I wasn't. I loved the Kida character. Leonard Nimoy was great. I always love hearing him do voice overs. There is something about his voice that is easy on the ears. It was kinda sad hearing good ol' Jim "Earnest P. Worrel" Varney's voice. For those that don't know, Jim Varney past away at the age of 50 about a year and a half ago from lung cancer. He also provided the voice for Slinky the dog in both Toy Story movie.

I absolutley LOVED the look of the Helga character. Her look was so different than any of the other characters. I read in an interview earlier tonight with lead Atlantis animator John Pomeroy that the animation for Helga was handled by a French/Japenese animator in Paris. You can see a hint of anime style in her. At least I think so. Anyways, I can go and on about this movie, but I won't. In short I loved this movie and hope it does well at the box office. This is movie is full of eye candy is a must see on the big screen. You can read that interview with John Pomeroy at the link below. It also talks about the upcoming "Treasure Planet" that he is working on. It's a good read so check it out.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/300587p1.html

Clown Prince

2. nightwing_38116

3. The Clown Prince

The Clown Prince My God carries a big Hammer
    Staff Member Moderator

WOW! I honestly don't know what to say! I mean, I'm not gonna let this knowledge spoil the enjoyment I had watching Atlantis and Lion King, but still, I don't know what to say to those comparisons. I guess I could say I'm shocked and surprised. But then again Disney's a huge coporate giant so I guess I'm not surprised that something like this would happen. I don't know, I'm at a loss for words on this right now.

Clown Prince