1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Who would win if Batman battled the Flash?

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RAMPAGE, Apr 24, 2002.

?

Batman vs. Flash: who'd win?

1. Flash

22 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Batman

40 vote(s)
    64.5%
  1. BeastBoyWonder

BeastBoyWonder Teen Titans Go!

That's the most sensible thing I've heard so far.

2. JusticeLeagueLegion

JusticeLeagueLegion Samantha is a hottie!!

3. cartoongirl

cartoongirl Anime Collector

I think Batman will win if he battled the Flash.

4. Supreme

Supreme Active Member

One misconception that many people use is "If Batman had time to prepare..."
    Face it! Batman is ALWAYS prepared! Besides being a genius and expert tactician, he is also fairly paranoid. He has 5 ways to take out each member of the JLA already. He's probably the only one who wouldn't blink if another member suddenly turned on him.

Not only could he beat any version of the Flash without "preparation", but he could probably do it if the Flash surprised him.

It's possible that the comic book Flash could give Bats a decent workout, but it's laughable on the cartoon. In the cartoon, it seems like his speed just helps him get beaten that much quicker. In the comic, he's still no rocket scientist.

Now Barry Allen vs. Bats, that would be a battle!

btw, GH, it is wail, not whale. A whale is a big sea mammal.

5. torifel

torifel i am the terror that flaps...

i've already contributed what i had to say to this thread...

but just so everyone knows in the future:

GH was right. it was whale
    According the the American Heritage Dictionary this is its definition: To strike or hit repeatedly and forcefully; thrash.

and yes, it also is a big sea mammal as well...

6. MILatino

MILatino =/\=

Batman is always prepared for the situation, but he's not always prepared for the moment unless he's expecting it. For example, he has kryptonite stashed away in case Superman goes postal (prepared for situation), however he doesn't carry it around with him (prepared for moment). It's in the Batcave in a vault. That won't help him if Superman suddenly freaked while standing next to him.

Same with the Flash. If he suddenly had a Norman Bates moment at Batman's side, Batman wouldn't know what hit him. He wouldn't have the time to react.

7. bendictus

bendictus New Member

honestly flash would win because sure batman is a trained ninja and all but flash is the fastest man alive and that includes thinking so flash would be able to outsmart batman in the end thanks to his superior speed.

8. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

On a completely even playing field, the Flash should win easily. However, if the Batman was able to choose and prepare the battleground in advance then he should be able to set up a trap that Barry wouldn't see coming--speed or no speed. In that case, I give Batman the advantage.

9. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

Here's an exercise I like to play with my comic-fan friends: say you had all the powers of the Flash. Can you come up with five ways to beat Batman? Now, since my friends aren't nincompoops, the answer is always yes. They can come up with plenty of ways to beat Batman if given the full complement of Flash's powers. In fact, they only way my friends would lose is if the scenario is so highly rigged that the contest was never winnable in the first place, like you have to commit to the stupidest strategy you can think of and are not allowed to adapt, all while juggling 10 tennis balls and baking a cake, and you're not really allowed to use your powers, and Batman isn't really susceptible to the frailties of real humans.

Of course Flash should win, but he loses because reasons.

10. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

The flash could win knowing a lot of skills that can outspeed any idea that the Bat can think of, but I still have my fair share of thoughts that Batman could at least think of ways to think of what to do to turn around any situation.

11. Marvelman02

Marvelman02 Active Member

The answer to these sorts of questions is always the same: it depends who's writing the story.

Ever since the Dark Knight Returns, Batman has been able to beat anybody because he is just so damn awesome. But, I think this has become really irritating and dumb. Flash can move at the speed of light. To pretend that Batman can overcome that just by being clever and awesome strains credibility. If Batman wanted to take out Barry, stalked him, surprised him, I guess you could make a case he could do it. On the other hand, if Barry was the aggressor and Batman had no preparation time, then I don't think he would last long against the scarlet speedster.