1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Who would win if Batman battled the Flash?

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RAMPAGE, Apr 24, 2002.

?

Batman vs. Flash: who'd win?

1. Flash

22 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Batman

40 vote(s)
    64.5%
  1. Ricochet_The_Sweet14

batman is smarter! :D :D :D

2. The Green Hornet

The Green Hornet Active Member

ok maybe so

but he lacks the Flash's total command of speed

3. Spyact3

Spyact3 Member

Batman would totally wail on the Flash. Brash, young, arrogent punks are what Batman eats for breakfast. Think about how many people with powers have come up against Batman before. Flash has a weakness, just like everyone. Batman is always prepared and would know it before hand. No contest, batman hands down.

4. The Flash

The Flash Fastest Man Alive

Batman could, and would, find ways of getting around that. You mentioned that his weapons were useless against Flash. Well, if they're in the middle of a city, he could throw a batarang (or a grapple) and make something FALL on Flash. There are a number of ways Batsy could get around Flash's speed, which in JL isn't very fast.

5. The Green Hornet

flash. let me state this AGAIN

Flash moves SOOOOOOO FAST that the batman appears standing still to him-- no batarang, no fancy footwork, no nerve pinches

basic theory of relativity

besides that the flash can lend and steal momentum and motion from objects

batman would be trapped in place unable to move speak etc

WHALE

and none of batman's foes are even CLOSE to the level of what Flash, Superman etc deal with every issue

besides wits arent going to beat the flash here-- see my above post to the flash for why

6. Pluto000555

Pluto000555 Member

If batman has one of his explosion Batarangs he would be able to stop Flash. He would just throw it and since Flash is moving so fast it wouldn't matter where he threw it, it would still hit him. The explosion would knock Flash down making it easy for batman to come in and knock him out before the next punch was thrown. :D

7. The Green Hornet

what EVERYONE forgets is that not only does FLASH move FAST, but TIME FOR HIM MOVES SLOW

he would see that batarang and completely avoid it

for that matter, batman wouldnt have the CHANCE to throw it-- he would stand motionless as flash laid death upon him

8. MWilburyJr

MWilburyJr Bling

well. . .

Britt, you're right, presuming that this is an unscheduled bout. But, otherwise, if the Bat knows how the Flash is going to react at each and every turn, then no amount of speed can help him. And this is the world of comic books, where normal rules don't apply . . . and we all know what a bad mutha Batman is. That's just a part of his character these days. Get over it.

(officially shedding all dignity to participate in an internet 'which-superhero-would-win' debate)

9. The Green Hornet

that may be true but it sure needs to change

DC comics listen to me: give me a 12 issue run on a batman title. i will remind EVERYONE JUST HOW HUMAN the batMAN really is

10. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

Despite what some say with all this talk, Batman has already beaten the Flash in the comics (JLA:Secret Files and Orgins #1) and Flash was trying to kill him. Too bad Batman was prepared. :)

11. The Green Hornet

ahhhh well guess what-- yet another flaw in the mighty batgod logic

that wasnt flash in control, thus the level of control and use of his powers was not at the level that wally has

thus, batman didnt beat flash, he beat a Starro in control of flash

12. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

I disagree. Batman beat Flash's speed no matter who was in control of his body. It was still intellect vs powers and Bats came out on top.

Also saying Batman couldnt beat Flash if he had time to prepare is like saying Flash is unbeatable. Which is far from the truth as even Ra's Al Ghul proved when he used Batmans own designs to against the Flash in Tower Of Babel. Flash can be caught off guard.

13. BeastBoyWonder

BeastBoyWonder Teen Titans Go!

Batman's one of my most favorite characters, but he's not a god by a long shot. As GH pointed out, he's human. Batman is more effective against some kinds of foes than the flash, but in the comics flash would definately destroy bats, and animated its a toss-up. They both have their own unique abilities to assist the JL in their own ways, so I don't think one is superior to the other. However, the Flash is more capable in combat by a long shot.

14. Ricochet_The_Sweet14

flashes weakness is that he trips on everything that is put in his way. batman would use that to his advantage. plus flash seems alittle slow in the mind.

15. The Green Hornet

Flash wasn't fighting Batman. He didn't see Batman making an attack

Batman had the way to defeat him, yes, but if Batman made the attack in an open, fair way, Flash would've avoided it, yes?

Ra's al Ghul wasn't exactly standing out in a field when he attacked the Flash

remember this is a FIGHT not a sneak attack or nuclear device here-- its mano a mano where the two KNOW its a fight

i agree that on the animated show, batman has a good chance of beating flash

but not in the comics

in the comics, flash wouldnt trip and isnt stupid-- quite the opposite actually

16. Ricochet_The_Sweet14

well i thought we were talking about this new justice league not the old comics. flash would be out smarted on this new justice league show.

17. Meow

Meow Feeling nostalgic

Yea, no kidding. Why are we talking about the comics Flash anyway? This topic is in the Justice League board after all.

I don't know much about comics and I'm not gonna pretend like I do. I agree that if Flash is THAT darn fast in the comics that he'd have a much better chance of beating Batman. That's pretty much a given. But if we're talking about the Justice Leauge cartoon Batman vs. the cartoon Flash, Batman would be most likely to win.

Like people have mentioned in other threads before, the characters' powers seem to be toned down quite a bit in the cartoon to make for a more interesting story. Which would definalty give Bats a better chance of winning.

Anyways, let's just agree that Flash would mop the floor with Bats in the comics, but Batman would probably kick Flash's butt in the cartoon.

There, everybody happy now? If not...well I tried... :rolleyes:

And just for the Record, I do agree that Flash should be MUCH faster in the cartoon than he currently is. I mean geeeez. He's supposed to live through the ticks of a second? Well in the cartoon he never even disappears from sight. I agree with The Flash, it's ridiculous how much Flash's speed has been toned down. They really need to do something about that....

18. torifel

torifel i am the terror that flaps...

Obviously, JL Flash is easier to take down than comics Flash,
    but while some of you (GH particularly) think flash's powers are being underrated, don't you think you're underrating Batman's abilities too?

yes, he's human, but he has the brains and technology to pit a decent battle. personally i think batman will end up the eventual winner, but that's just me. i think maybe Meow has reached the best conclusion of us all though.

19. JusticeLeagueLegion

JusticeLeagueLegion Samantha is a hottie!!

Who'd win? Depends who wrote the story.

20. MILatino

MILatino =/\=

It really depends on whether or not the fight was anticipated or not, that is, whether Batman was prepared for it.

If they were together and all of a sudden they had to duke it out, Batman would fail because he couldn't keep up with the Flash's moves... period. Flash would just zip up to him remove his belt, give him a high-speed punch, and that's the end of Batman.

However, if Batman knew this battle was coming and prepared for it (remember his comic book battle with Superman?) he probably would win because the speed issue would be aniticpated and a counterattack would be well thought out and executed.

How would Batman do it? He could put a booby-trapped mannequin in the meeting spot and gas the Flash as the Flash touches it. If the Flash is quick-witted and spins to deflect the gas, Batman would most probably hurl a bat-a-rang bomb at him at the same time. Batman would most probably set it up to keep the man so busy that eventually something would knock him out.