1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Who will be DC's next superheroine in film?

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by the greenman, Aug 26, 2014.

1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Looking ahead after Justice League what female superheroes can WB introduce. Thinking about the past it has taken forever for us to finally get Wonder Woman on the silver screen, and not on her own btw. The selection of Hawkgirl in JL 10 years ago was controversial if only it was met with dismay of her male counterpart not being included. We know for hardcore DC comic fans, we can think of more than a few females to join the DC film universe, but who could work?

Marvel Studios is slowly bringing in other heroines into the spotlight such as Scarlet Witch and Agent Carter. If DC is successful with their universe, I really have to wonder if Diana will be trapped in the Superfriends days of being a token feminine presence. Yeah, maybe Black Canary, but then it brings up the other issue of history. Was there a JSA?

2. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Black Canary doesn't require the JSA.

They could bring in Supergirl using the set-up from the Man of Steel prequel comic. Either have her frozen or reveal that she had a distant descendant with dormant Kryptonian powers.

3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

If Black Canary appears, don't think fans won't speculate. Afterall, DC Comics is all about legacy.

Supergirl might work for MOS 2 or 3, but I doubt Goyer would put her on the JL roster.

4. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Supergirl, at least, has had a movie before, though folks might want to disavow the 1984 film with Helen Slater, Faye Dunaway, & Peter O'Toole. My personal preference would be Zatanna or Batgirl.

5. Doguineta

Doguineta Active Member

I'd like a Zatanna film. Sure she isn't as popular and well known as Wonder Woman (or even Hawkgirl I think), but she's my favorite DC hero and I think shehas the potential for a solid movie.

6. BlackoutCreature

BlackoutCreature Well-Known Member

Black Canary would probably be the best choice for something they could just hit the ground running with, not have to worry about building something up or spinning off of something.

I'd love to see a Power Girl movie but I can't imagine that not turning into a farce pretty quickly for many reasons.

I'd also love a Cass Cain or Stephanie Brown movie, but at this point there's a better chance of the subway I take into work tomorrow transforming into a Decepticon then that ever happening. Same with a Linda Danvers-Supergirl movie.

Hawkgirl could work as long as they don't bog her down with too much of the Hawks history/mythology

My dark horse? Cameron Chase. A movie about an FBI agent in a superhero world who has to keep tabs on these superheroes could be incredibly interesting if done right.

7. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Let's see. Chase was introduced about 20 years ago. Series didn't last very long. Not sure if she's been added to the New 52 universe at present.

A movie would be a good way to bring her back. I'd cast Cameron Diaz or Reese Witherspoon as Chase.

8. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Active Member

There ought to be a Power Girl movie. I'm sure male fans of her will love it.

A Zatanna movie would be great for those who love magic.

A modern Wonder Woman movie wouldn't be a bad idea.