1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Who thinks a network dedicated to the 80s and 90s would be popular?

Discussion in 'Toonami (Archived Forum)' started by Lighthammer, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lighthammer

Lighthammer Bringer of the Light

My last post I randomly mentioned Cartoon Express and lead me to randomly looking at cartoon network and series for the last hour or two.

It really got me wondering if a network dedicated to the best of the 80s and 90s could be successful today.

The obvious answer to that would be Boomeraction, but I am talking a bit more extensive then that.

Theres a butt load of good animation thats sitting around doing nothing today.

The obvious ones that come to mind are the obvious DCAU, Marvel Series. GI Joe, Transformers and Thundercats. God knows, however, there are plenty of other gems laying in the rough that would probably get some good screen play.

Maybe this more of a cup for Hulu to take up, but a network dedicated to (or at least a block some place, heaven forbid) could easily re-engerize the cartoon blocks.

2. Gonzales

Gonzales Active Member

A channel like that probably wouldn't get very high ratings. But still, it would be something of value to have. We need some diversity in the kids TV business.

#2 Gonzales, May 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
  3. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Retro programing in general is one thing, but restricting a channel to only 2 specific decades would be a tad too niche of a market. Such a channel would probably start out doing well, but after a about a year, people would grow bored with just seeing 80s and 90s stuff and would want to see something different. Witness VH-1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.