1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is the worst manchild: Mr. Turner or SpongeBob SquarePants?

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Mikurotoro92, Aug 12, 2017.

?

Who's the worst manchild?

Poll closed Sep 12, 2017.
  1. Mr. Turner (Fairly Odd Parents)

92.3%
  2. SpongeBob SquarePants

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other (please specify)

7.7%
  1. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

Which character is worse?

I'm going to have to say Mr. Turner because SpongeBob actually ADMITS he's a manchild in the 2004 movie

As far as I know Mr. Turner never says that or tries to change his ways on any Fairly Odd Parents episode!

Plus SpongeBob can act like an adult whenever the situation calls for it unlike Mr. Turner who has to always rely on his wife

What do you guys think?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Turner because he is a father and a husband, compared to Spongebob not being that.

3. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

I have a feeling if SpongeBob was to get married that would make him stop being a manchild

He has actually shown interest in it before as evidenced in the episode "Club SpongeBob" where he asks the Magic Conch 'will I ever get married?'

But it's just a cartoon no need to over-analyze it lol

There's no hope for Mr. Turner

Unfortunately for him he will always be a manchild who depends on his wife & Timmy!

4. Anthony Riley

Anthony Riley Active Member

Mr. Turner, ESPECIALLY in season 9 and 10. In Certifiable Super Sitter, he is seen wearing a Dinosaur Bob helmet for the whole episode. He's left at home with Timmy, Chloe, Foop, Poof, Sammy, Cosmo, and Wanda because of shaking in the cart and grabbing candy off the shelves. When Vicky arrives and tortures everyone, he doesn't even have the courage to stand up to her. He also laughs at toilet humor chases the ice cream truck, and in Kale Patch Caper, he pays top dollar for the rarest Kale Patch Kid Princess Pineapple, holds a wedding for it, and when Chloe steals it because she needs to complete her collection and there's only 1 in the world, he panics and by the end of the episode, Chloe returns it to him. Mr. Turner was smarter in seasons 1-5.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

Nothing that SpongeBob has ever done can possibly be as bad as neglecting your own son!

Mr. Turner should have his parenting license revoked!

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Definitely Mr Turner. At least the Spongebob isn't a jerk with being a manchild (at least from the episodes I've seen). But I think the problem was him being shoved into every episode the wriiters could. Both he and his wife only had minor secondary appearances in the first few seasons and it seems Mr Turner was made to fill in the void of stupid from Sparky being written out.

Well, by a little anyway. But at least he shared the stupidity with his wife.

7. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

There's a difference between being an endearing manchild (like spongebob) and an irredeemable one (like mr. Turner)

SpongeBob has qualities that override his "manchild" tendencies

All Mr. Turner is is a manchild without any redeeming features to him

Are there any other characters from Nicktoons besides these 2 who would qualify as manchildren?

8. Chaos160

Chaos160 Occasional Member

Dudley Puppy (Nicktoons)

Jon Arbuckle (Non-Nicktoons)

9. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I haven't paid much attention to either show in years, but I'm going with Mr. Turner. He is older than Spongebob and is married with a kid, so that makes it even worse.

10. copper20

copper20 Member

Mr. Turner is almost as bad as Peter Griffin in modern Family Guy (Seasons 5-today)

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Peter might actually be smarter than Mr Turner.

12. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

As this point, Mr. Turner. Heck, even Cosmo would have been a biggest man child than these two combined. He had gotten very immature in the few seasons.

13. copper20

copper20 Member

Well yeah actually that's pretty true, even in the later episodes.

14. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

I completely forgot about Cosmo!

Yeah he definitely qualifies as a manchild

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Chaos160

At least Cosmo isn't as annoying as Navi the fairy. (HEY! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! WATCH OUT!)

16. PhenomsServant4

PhenomsServant4 Active Member

We actually get visual evidence of that in "Rock a Bye Bivalve" when he was raising that baby scallop essentially by himself. It showed clear proof that when needed, Spongebob can mature up and show responsibility. Plus we've seen that often when it comes to Gary (Let's just pretend "A Pal for Gary" never took place).

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MegasMilo379

MegasMilo379 Active Member

There are so many reasons why I could call SpongeBob a true manchild from the just later seasons. His crying, his playing with toys, his hanging with Patrick, his obsession with Squidward, etc.
    But...at least SB proved to be good father the one time he was given that chance. Plus his weird manchild-ness is endearing most of the time.

Mr. Turner. Straight-up, Point-blank, Period.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

SpongeBob's obsession with Squidward can be compared to an obsession I had with my neighbor Brenda when I was a kid

I used to follow her around and invite myself over to her house just like SpongeBob does with Squidward

I'd be lying if I said that SpongeBob didn't influence that but whatever!

I think SpongeBob constantly bugging Squidward all the time is his way of trying to help him

Plus in episodes like "Grandma's Kisses" we see exactly why he's such a manchild!

Mr. Turner really has no reason to be acting like a manchild which raises the question:

Why is he this way?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Chaos160

I believe Timmy's Secret Wish might have something to do with it.

FYI, nobody aged and it possibly screwed up his mentality.

20. JPReckless2444

Mr. Turner hands down...

Like everyone else said, SpongeBob admits he's a manchild, but can act his age when the time calls it.

Mr. Turner is a husband & father for christ sake!?! He has no redeeming qualities what's so ever. He neglected Timmy in one episode. His childishness just infuriates me. He really comes across as unlikable

• Winner Winner x 2