1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is Spider-man's arch villain?

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics and Collectibles' started by KCJ506, Apr 19, 2010.

?

Who is Spidey's arch nemesis?

1. Green Goblin

93.8%
  2. Doc Ock

6.3%
  3. Venom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KCJ506

KCJ506 Active Member

Who do you consider to be Spidey's main villain?

Green Goblin - Responsible for one of the most life altering moments of Peter's life. The death of Gwen Stacy. The mantle of the Goblin corrupted the life of Peter's best friend, Harry. No villain has ever haunted or affected Spider-Man's life quite like GG.

Doc Ock - Handed Spidey his first defeat. Which humbled him & made him re-think his approach to crime fighting. Created the Sinister Six, bringing about one of THE toughest physical challenges Spidey has had to date.

No other villains can compare. Not even Venom as some symbiote fanboys like to claim.

2. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Goblin and Ock are Spidey's top two villains but I'd say Gobby takes it by how much pain he's brought to Spidey over the years. His legacy remained years after his death with Harry taking up the mantle and screwing with Peter so much.

3. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Either the Green Goblin or The Kingpin.

4. kid rabbit

kid rabbit Active Member

his big three

green goblin

doc ock

venom

5. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

There's really not much room for debate in this. Green Goblin has the most negative effect on Spider-Man's life, he presents his greatest challenges, he has the greatest personal connection to him.

6. Soul

Soul Mainly Lurking Now...

Green Goblin is to Spidey as The Joker is to Batman or Luthor is to Supes.
    Simple as that, he's that essential Spider-Man Villain.

7. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

Green Goblin hands down. No other villain has caused Peter Parker more personal grief and misery as Green Goblin has whether it be Peter the civilian or Peter the hero, he has caused so much personal damage to him that it has left a long term effect on Spidey that won't ever be overturned. Other enemies have done a lot of harm and caused Peter some hair loss over time, but when you go down the list of "accomplishments" that Gobby has under his belt versus Spider-Man then you will know that no enemy will ever come close to that when it comes to the history of Spidey.

Like Paul said, he's to Spider-man what The Joker is to Batman.

8. Wolf Boy2

Wolf Boy2 Active Member

Oh, Green Goblin without a doubt!

GG gave us one of the most epic story arcs in all of comics, starting with his mysterious introduction, continuing with his discovery of Peter's identity and climaxing with the murder of Gwen Stacy which led to his own death. Goblin was so important that for me, the story of Spider-Man pretty much ended with his crucifixion "on a stake of humble tin."

When MJ closed the door at the end of issue #122, the caption could've read "The End" and it would've been just fine. Every loose end was tied up. No Spider-Man arc has ever topped that one, and none probably ever will.

9. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

As a kid I probably would've said Venom as he was my favorite then:p. Back then Goblin was dead and I only knew him in the 90s series, I grew to like him from there. It wasn't until I was around 10th grade when I was getting back into comics and read some old stories when Marvel was celebrating some of their greatest stories. Unsurprisingly GG had a number of them and Death of Gwen Stacy was probably the most important one.

10. Wolf Boy2

Wolf Boy2 Active Member

Word. The 3-part Venom saga on the 90s animated series was one of the most epic, awe-inspiring things I had seen at the wee age of 9.

As an adult, though, I found Venom to be disappointing and an example of what was wrong with comics in that decade. Though, Carnage was even worse than Venom.

11. HereToStay

HereToStay New Member

I realize that I am a little late to the party but my one problem with GG is how he has been used since late 90's.

Super rich intelligent guy who still can't kill a guy who lives either in the surburb or in a cheap apartment?

There is a reason why he would constantly forget that he was the goblin in the 60's and 70's because had he not then their would be no chance that Spider-man would still be alive!!

Personally I don't think Spider-man really has an arch nemesis but if he does then it is either Jameson,Green Goblin,Doc Ock,Kingpin,Venom or Carnage.