Who Is Faster: Sonic or the Flash?

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Munkiman, Jul 20, 2009.

?

Who is the fastest?

1. Sonic

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. Flash

32 vote(s)
    82.1%
  1. Munkiman

Munkiman Hail Hydra.

I really don't know. I lean toward the Flash, but outside perspective is welcome.

Well, which do you think would win in a race, with both of them at their top speed? Sonic the Hedgehog, or the Flash?

2. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Wiki says that Sonic's speed is faster than the speed of sound. The Flash, on the other hand, can vibrate through walls and is apparently capable of traveling through time if necessary. In animation, Flash is so fast that he can be in front of someone one second and beyond them in literally the next second after that. I don't think Sonic ever did that. Also, in the games, Sonic builds up momentum before he really takes off. Flash doesn't.

I have no idea what kind of stuff Super Sonic does in the Archie comics, but by default I think Flash wins this easily.

3. soundmonkey44

soundmonkey44 Melancholic Man.

This is kinda silly, these characters are in diffrent universes, Flash is the fastest in his, sonic is his & quicksilver in his, etc....In essance none are faster then the other, and if all 3 were to race it would most likely cause a chain reaction Ripping the fabric of reality itself!:evil: But I digrese.

Sonic Is easily faster then the flash. Ecspecially in super sonic or hyper sonic forms. but again thats just my bias openion cause im a sonic fan, in all actuality id say all the speedsters tie, but in the end, who knows.:sweat:

4. Munkiman

Munkiman Hail Hydra.

One of them has to be faster, I say! Just being fastest in your universe isn't good enough. I need there to be a race.

And the Flash would totally leave Quiksilver in the dust.

5. soundmonkey44

Then Sonic Would Tap into the Chaos force & make the flash look like a tortise!

But seriously you can't really say one Speedster is the fastest there is then you just start a big fight .

I mean somthings its ok I mean its obvious batman is more emo then wolverine

its obvious superman could beat the hulk, that howard the duck is coller the daffy etc. But speedsters are just to much to gauge. i mean Flash may be a few seconds faster then quicksilver & sonic may be on par with either, heck even speedy gonzoles could be added to this race. theres just too many fictional speedsters to say who's the fastest thats when ever i get into a conversation like that, I juat say the the speedsters are the fastest in there own universe & for them to leave it at that, seriously flash vs quicksilver arguments get violent man.:sweat::evil: This however is the 1st flash vs sonic ive ever seen though.:p

6. TokyoGirl5

TokyoGirl5 New Member

I say Sonic, after all, in the SatAM series, the opening song says he's the fastest thing alive. However, that's just my opinion.​

7. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

The Flash can run faster than light, people. He ignores physical laws of the universe. He makes that furry blue rodent look like a snail. There is no contest here or room for debate.

8. JAG

JAG New Member

While it's been over a decade since I've watched any of his cartoons, I don't recall Sonic as being capable of surpassing the speed of light. Flash, on the other hand, has done so on several occasions. So he gets my vote.

However, as I said, I'm not overly familiar with Sonic. Which is sad, because I was borderline-obsessed with his early-90s cartoons as a little kid. But that's been about thirteen years ago, now. But anyway, excuse any possible ignorance on my knowledge of Sonic's top speed.

9. CartoonOverlord

CartoonOverlord Head of HATE

I don't even think Sonic can run at the speed of light, let alone beyond it like Flash can.

10. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

The Flash can move at speeds approaching (and sometimes even exceeding) the speed of light. He can vibrate through solid objects, cause heat and destructive vibration using his speed, even when not running. He's even been shown breaking the time barrier.

I've never seen Sonic do any of those things. (Not even as Super Sonic.) So I'd have to say Flash wins this one easily.

And Flash VS Quicksilver? No contest. Pietro's average speed is 175 m.p.h. Flash makes Quicksilver look like a turtle.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2009
  11. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'

Sonic never ran so fast that it transformed him into energy. The Flash is the fastest thing in all universes. Another thing is that The Flash can move any part of his body at great speeds independently, i.e. (using his arms as propellers to cushion a fall, etc). He's literally speed incarnate. I'm guessing Sonic's speed is all due to his feet and those spiffy sneakers. I think Sonic might be more agile though.

12. HellCat

HellCat Administrator Staff Member

The Flash. Sonic is very fast but he doesn't come close to the sheer power of old red.

13. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

Plus, Flash is capable of doing everything at super speed. He doesn't just run fast, which is basically all that Sonic does (although Sonic does have that move where he curls into a ball and can hit things).

14. Ryusuke

Ryusuke SomethingWithTheR

I'm not even sure Sonic Team is that creative. :sad:

But, yeah. As much as I like Sonic, facts pretty much state that The Flash pretty much did things (like run up to the speed of light) that Sonic (whether it's the creative department not being creative enough or not) hasn't done.

15. Temple Fugate

Temple Fugate New Member

Flash: Fastest Man Alive
    Sonic: Fastest Thing Alive

It would be easy to argue that by those terms, Sonic wins by default, but then by Sonic's time, Flash has been dead for millennia and can no longer qualify.

I have to say it's Flash. I doubt Sonic's even close to matching Superman's speed.

And while we're on the subject, what is it with speedsters having sharp wits and cavalier attitudes? Where do all the writers draw that connection?

16. wonderfly

wonderfly 30 Years since Vampire Hunter D!

What, do you expect a speedster to have a personality like Batman or the Punisher? :p

17. JAG

JAG New Member

Well, that would be a useful power for Batman. He'd do his nightly patrol in .98765672 seconds and have the rest of the night free to just sit menacingly on a gargoyle and brood.

18. soundmonkey44

I Still say sonic, no mer human can outrun a mobian! Darn Me & my overcompulsive sonic fandom! why must i be compeled to protect a character with mediocre games, oh wait were talking about the much better comic version! Thats why! VIVA LA SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!:D

the flash may be fast....but he don't turn gold! LULZ!:sweat:

19. JeffBreakdown

JeffBreakdown New Member

i was unaware of the early 90's taking place in 1996...lolz :anime:

flash. close thread now. no need for debate.

20. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'

Personally, I would never call Sonic 2 mediocre