1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is a worse leader?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Capt.Traphouse, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Stark or Quill?

I'll have to go with Stark as he caused a civil war on his team twice and seemed genetically incapable of learning from his mistakes until season 3.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think both have major maturity issues, but I think we've seen more genuine character development for Quill over two seasons in Guardians then we have with Tony throughout Assemble.

It also probably helps that Peter doesn't have a Captain America on the team to make him look bad when it comes to leading a group. Gamora is kind of what Cap is to Tony, but she could never lead the team like Peter does.

I think both are prone to crazy, over-the-top plans, but I think Peter's tend to work out better then Tony's do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Barbossa

Barbossa Active Member

Its just laughable when an immature man child is the team leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy. I know they are trying to mimic the films, but man, they went a bit too far with his annoying voice and immature ways.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

For what it's worth, Quill is a lot better now then he was in early season 1.

He's at least quicker to act mature when the situation calls for it.

Well, that's a whole other low bar :p.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Barbossa

Barbossa Active Member

To be fair ,Logan was never intended to be a good leader on that show. He is still a better leader than Star Lord and Iron Man in their current shows though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

According to the audio commentaries on the WatXM bluray, the writers said was meant to be the best leader for the X-Men in the show.

#7 TheLemsterPju, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There was just a lot of issues with Logan's leadership in that cartoon.

Like, one, they never explained why he needed to be the leader instead of anyone else. Even if Scott wasn't in a position to do it, there were other choices (like Storm) that made more sense then Wolverine.

And we also never really got to see him grow into his role as a leader, since he was always off going on solo missions or just generally making a lot of mistakes. There was never a point in the show where it felt like he had fit into the role or had grown as a leader.

Even in the finale he ended up going off on his own and leaving the team to stop the Inner Circle which, even though it ended up working out for the best, is still not the kind of move you expect from the leader of a Superhero team.

Frankly, I'd put him on par with Iron Man in the early seasons of Assemble as far as leadership ability is concerned.