1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

who else does not like country music?

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by mxyzptlk, Jun 29, 2001.

1. The Dork Knight

The Dork Knight The saddles do what now?

his alter ego is Chris Gaines and I THINK COUNTRY MUSIC SUCKS!
    I loved it when Marilyn Manson killed Garth Brooks on Celebrity Deathmatch.The only music I listen to is.....
    Limp Bizkit
    Eminem
    Linkin Park
    Rob Zombie
    Marilyn Manson
    KoRn
    Blink 182 (DON'T SAY ANYTHING!)
    Papa Roach
    Dave Matthews Band
    Beastie Boys
    Aerosmith

That's real music. Country music is just sung by a bunch of beer drinking redneck retards. Hope I did'nt offend any beer drinking redneck retards ;)

2. Maxie Zeus

Maxie Zeus Upside Down

You nailed that one, MH. I always hated country (except for the Johnny Cash a friend forced me to listen to) until I saw OBWAT; next day I bought the soundtrack.

I think it's because you can hear the original folk/blues/gospel influences in those songs (all of which, I guess, are period to the movie's setting) before the contemporary style put them all in a blender and set the control to "gooify."

There's something especially heartbreaking about a song like "I'll Fly Away" when you remember where it came from: the grindingly impoverished but deeply religious folk of the South and Appalachians. Try to imagine a contemporary country-pop star singing it; makes me want to vomit.

3. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

beastie boys rock!!!!!!!!!!!but thats the only band i really like on that list.

4. Vigo Sprax

Vigo Sprax Member

I like one country song, that one that goes "We've got a big convoy...", besides that its all crap to me.

Faith Hill & Shania Twain got wise and stopped making real country music.

5. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

yeah but that stuff is still aweful

6. killercroc

killercroc Active Member

The thing is, there can be good music in every genre except for teen pop. There will never be anything good come from that genre.

Still, I bet somewhere out there is some country music that you guys would not only listen to, but enjoy.

No one likes Willie Nelson? Or Waylon Jennings, or the Outlaws, or Hank Williams, Jr. or Sr.?

Johnny Cash is good like you guys mentioned, also.

Now don't get me wrong, there's not enough good Country music on the radio to make it worth listening to, but there is some good country music out there.

7. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

maybe but i dont think so

8. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

Willie Nelson is cool. Waylon Jennings can be cool. Hank Sr. is great, but speak not of Hank Jr. "Are you ready for some football...." ech.

Oh, have any of you heard of Hank-3? He was a hardcore punk rocker till he found out he was a direct Hank Williams decendant, and decided to capitalize on the name with a Branson show. Nowadays, he tours and performs some great, eerily Hank Sr.-like old time country... for the first half of the show. Then he warns all the old timers to clear out and kicks into some hardcore punk. It's a wonderful juxtaposition.

9. icecold

icecold Guest

The only music I hate more than country is pop (why do people listen to that bull****zu :confused: )

10. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

the only music i hate more than country rap.

11. killercroc

killercroc Active Member

Huh, that's funny, while I was writing that post I was wondering if there was a Hank the third. I guess there is!

I hesitated to mention him in the same sentence as Willie, Merle and Hank Sr., but I was thinking about songs like "If Heaven Ain't A Lot Like Dixie," and "Family Tradition."

Oh, and if you've never heard "Highway Man" by Willie, Waylon, Kris and Merle, you're really missing out.

12. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

this post was made to put down country music

13. killercroc

killercroc Active Member

So, does it irritate you that I defended it?

By the way POST 200!!! :D

14. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

yes, if i had wanted someone to defend it i would not name it who else does not like country music i would have named it your opinion on country music.

15. killercroc

killercroc Active Member

Aww man, you're infringing on my rights.

Seriously though Mix yes spit lick, you should use punctuation, your posts are hard to read.

16. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

quit crying.haha punctuation.

17. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

Actually I'm with Croc too. I like a tiny tiny bit of Country music, but the same goes for any music genre with me. I'm only a dedicated serious fan of a select few genres.

18. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

stop defending country!!!!!!!!!!