1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

who else does not like country music?

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by mxyzptlk, Jun 29, 2001.

1. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

he just wondering if anyone else hates country music?

ps.this was not meant to offend someone so if it does sorry

2. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

I'm with you, Mxy! I find it annoying. And growing up on a farm, it's hard to avoid. Thankfully, I have a walkman and discman to keep that horrid music out of my head. The cowgirls may be hot, but the music is the most gawd awful stuff I've ever heard.

3. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

yeah i live alabama and tonight i me and a group friend were at a friends house listenin to five iron frenzy when 2 of the girls there change it to acountry station and me and my friend (batmite) went inside and played a board game

4. joker

joker Rock N' Roll Heart

yes i cant stand i also.......all the same...

"momma bailed me out of jail in her pick up truck on acount of my drinking to much bear and returnd home to find my woman left me."

5. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

yeah you forgot to metion hunting or killing animals

6. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Country music is all the same depressing stuff. It's either about a tractor, a cow, his wife leaving him, or his wife leaving him and running over cows with a tractor. All depressing, all the same, all unlistenable.

7. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

its amazing the stupidity of so many of the songs

8. Flying Grayson

Flying Grayson Quis custodiet ipsos custodiet

Okay, you guys find it hard to avoid too.
    My entire family except me likes it and Bluegrass(I'm from Kentucky, both types contiuously pop up and there's no escape, excet when Idive into Weird Al Yankovic as some sort of immunity to the whole satanic songs).

9. Maxie Zeus

Maxie Zeus Upside Down

"You wore my high-school ring and letter sweater before bright neon lights made you up and walk away from standing by your man/
    Leaving the crops in the field and me jamming gears with nothing to do but keep on trucking in my eighteen-wheeler/
    Listening to the windshield wipers when I'm not drinking Falstaff and Wild Turkey and putting the last dime from my faded jeans into a jukebox to help me make it through the night/
    Wishing I could make the alimony payments and visit little Billie and Betsy Sue.

"So in the Elko, Nevada, Greyhound depot I shot the man, my best friend, who took you and even my pickup truck/
    And I wound up here on Death Row listening to the lonesome whistle of the night train rolling south through the cotton fields from Nashville to that little bit of Heaven, Biloxi/
    Where we were dirt-poor, eating beans and gravy, and didn't even have a gun rack for the pickup/
    But we were happy until you became a good-timing woman and left me with nothing to look at but four walls of the cheap hotel room/
    Where I drink black coffee and read the Good Book, just like my daddy, a preacher man, and Mom, a widower sharecropper's daughter, back in the dusty one-room shack where/
    We didn't have much and wouldn't take welfare and loved this great country in spite of gun control."

-- George Will (!) parodying country music back in 1980.

10. redDragon

redDragon Carnivorous Beast

[color=c00000]Country music...yuck.
    I'm glad I'm not exposed to it ^^[/color]

11. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

What I want to know is...

Why is that the country radio stations ALWAYS come in clear as a bell? Even on a hot, humid summer night, when all the other radio and TV singles (when I lived in the country and we didn't have cable, that is) never would come in thru all that hot humidity, those fraggin country stations would be coming thru clear as crystal.

I also hate country music, but there are a few good songs here and there. I would never pigeon hole myself into one style of music, but the country music I tend to like is by Terry Taylor, who does a variety of styles of music.

12. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

its upsetting
    i do not listen to radio except the oldies cause i hate populer music and none of the station play punk and everybody like oldies to a certain extent

13. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

Commercial country music is horrible. It's all mass-produced, soulless crap to deaden the masses.

However, old-style country music can be good. I'll admit I'm a sucker for a good Johnny Cash song. Now that stuff can have some soul to it, not to mention talent. And the great music from Oh Brother, Where Art Thou soundtrack can be considered country's roots.

But does commercial country radio ever play new Johnny Cash stuff or track from the Oh Brother soundtrack, despite the fact that they both took up residence in Billboard's top 10 charts? Nooooooooooo. The modern country music scene is even more creatively oppressive than pop radio.

14. batboy2001

batboy2001 Spider Jerusalem

Can't stand country music. One time I saw a list of the 50 worst country songs, included in the list were titles like, If Momma Ain't Happy Ain't Nobody Happy and Love Is In The Eye Of The Beer Holder. The list went on and on.

15. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

i can not stand any country

16. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Country music

The classic stuff is pretty good--Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash, Oak Ridge Boys, Kenny Rogers--but on the whole the newer stuff is too maudlin and/or dull.

17. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

i hate dolly parton

18. Bud 'n Lou

Bud 'n Lou Let me dirty up your mind

I can listen to the older stuff, like Dusty Springfield or Patsy Cline sometimes. Mostly stuff from the 60's and earlier. Other than that...*vomits*

19. Inque

Inque Liquid Darkness

[color=6666cc] i can admit i like one garth brooks song, but it was one of his alter-ego's songs. i forget what it was called.[/color]

20. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

he had an alter ego