1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Which was the story of Robert Reece's Aladdin 4?

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Juaco VTX7, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Juaco VTX7

Juaco VTX7 New Member

Hi everyone. I wanted to discuss with you about a project which is not known by many: Aladdin 4. Yes friends, as you have heard, the unproduced movie, sequel to Aladdin, Aladdin II: The Return of Jafar and Aladdin III: Aladdin and the King of the Thieves, is the subject of this thread. Sources: http://animatedviews.com/2013/from-...-reeces-animated-adventures-in-screenwriting/

Back in 2005, screenwriter Robert Reece, writer of Cinderella III: A Twist in Time, The Little Mermaid III: Ariel's Beginning, The Nut Job and Spark: A Space Tail; pitched an idea for a fourth Aladdin direct-to-video feature, but according to Animated Views, the film never came in fruition even after Reece explained its story to the DisneyToon Studios executives.

The question is: Which was the fourt film's story? This is the subject for this thread, so comment and think which story could have been the right for the fourth feature! (My spoiler opinion: In case Cassim would have not appeared in this film, Iago probably would not have appeared in the movie after leaving Agrabah with him).

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

This only existed in one man's head, so I wouldn't say Disney planned to make it at any given time. That's the difference between a pitch and a greenlight. Anyone can pitch something.

For the closest thing you can get to Aladdin 4, try "Aladdin in Nasira's Revenge" for the Playstation, which is about Jafar's previously unrevealed sister (this should be related to that "what is canon and what isn't" conversation from the other thread). It is suitably apocalyptic, as Nasira basically shatters everything good about Aladdin's life in the first two minutes. The rest of the game is him running around trying to put the pieces back together. Only problem is, you're dealing with janky PS1 graphics, so it could be better.

3. ToonReel

ToonReel Active Member

It was quite obviously the epic that would have been "Jafar May Need Glasses."

4. Juaco VTX7

Juaco VTX7 New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

5. Ava Cocoa Puff

Ava Cocoa Puff YepYepYep

Hahahahaha! Perfect!

I loved the sequels as a kid but now that I think about it I feel they did sort of tarnish the original's reputation at times with lesser quality animation and story. That's just an opinion though.