1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Which of these FOUR animated movies are you MOST looking forward to?

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by SuperFan2024, Oct 4, 2017.

?

Which of these movies are you MOST looking forward to?

1. Teen Titans Go!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Spongebob

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. The Loud House

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Bob's Burgers

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Four theatrical movies based on very popular animated TV shows have been recently announced. These movies are:

- An untitled Teen Titans Go! Movie: Coming out July 27th, 2018.

- The Spongebob Movie: Coming out August 2nd, 2019.

- The Loud House Movie: Coming out February 9th, 2020.

- An untitled Bob's Burgers Movie: Coming out July 17, 2020.

Once again, these TV shows are very notorious and very popular for both kids and adults. Which movies are y'all looking forward to?

My list in order would go from:

1. Spongebob
    2. Teen Titans Go! (Hey, don't get the wrong idea :p)
    3. The Loud House
    4. Bob's Burgers

I wouldn't be surprised if we see more animated movies based on animated TV shows being announced later.

2. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Out of these four, Bob's Burgers. I haven't seen The Loud House to make myself a point I'm tired of TTG and I think Spongebob should end sooner than later.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

3. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm looking forward to all of them EXCEPT the third Spongebob movie. I'm not a big fan of the second one, as it felt a bit aimless.

4. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

I think they're all in the same bag honestly. Looking forward to all of them equally, ie. somewhat curiously without being attached. If they're good, cool. If they're bad, whatever. They should be mediocre at least. Not sure how successful they'll be. Especially Bob's Burgers and Loud House. 3 years from now the shows might be already dead. Titans should use the film to conclude the show. With momentum it could be good-ish. Spongebob is Spongebob. Similar case though as the series will be nearing its end. All four films could surprise, but I think commercially Spongebob and TTG! have best chance. Kinda shame that the Hey Arnold film won't be theatrical as that would be my top pick were it on the list.

5. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

I'm looking forward to The Loud House movie the most. But I fear we may run into the same problem that happened in the late 90s and early 2000s. After The Rugrats Movie became the first non-Disney animated film to make $100 million in the box office, studios started greenlighting animated films based on their shows. But it didn't turn out well for most of them because Rugrats was a cultural icon, while a lot of animated shows that got movies in that time weren't.

If you look here, you'll see that the more popular a show is among the mainstream, the better it does in the box office (The Simpsons, SpongeBob, Rugrats, Pokemon), while films based on shows that are only popular with the target demographic, and not the mainstream don't do nearly as well (The Wild Thornberrys, Recess, Hey Arnold, Doug)

So out of these films, I only see the third SpongeBob movie doing spectacular. The other three need to be low budget to be considered successful.

6. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

The #1 would probably have to be Bob's Burgers. It's easily the funniest show of the bunch and it's the most interesting one in the sense that I have no idea what plot the creators will make up that warrants the film gaining a theatrical release, as well as it being one of the few animated features with a PG-13 or R rating.

The third Spongebob movie is the one I'm least interested in, surprisingly since I'm probably one of the biggest Spongebob fans on the site. Sponge Out of Water felt a lot like an extended episode and didn't really contain the heart, theming or clever writing that made the first film so great. And even some of the ideas and characters were too ridiculous and stupid, even for Spongebob (Seriously, what was up with that magical space dolphin and the rap battle at the end?) And truth be told, I can't really think of a real strong story with these characters that hasn't already been done in the show, the films, or even in the bloody musical.

Loud House could also be fun, though it's hard for me to be super-excited for it, as while I like the show, it isn't one of my favorites (Luna aside. She's the best.) I'm indifferent to Teen Titans Go, and I'm probably going to skip the movie when it comes out, but I hope the fans will like it. Although I dread the continuous YouTube rant videos that will emerge once marketing kicks in.

7. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Not going to lie, even though I think it has the least reason to exist (not to mention it being the most infamous show of the four), I am honestly anticipating the TTG film the most. Put simply I think it will be by far the most fascinating watch of the four, since the crew clearly has a lot of imagination in their heads and they likely do understand that they need to upgrade everything to merit such treatment. Granted, it also could suck, and I know a lot of people began to dread it immediately (solely because it's TTG, despite the fact it may not resemble the show much if at all), but considering this is a mainstream superhero film I think they'll at least know what they are doing.

I'm looking forward to Spongebob 3 the least, since I feel two films (both of which took extremely different directions) were definitely enough, even if both of them IMO turned out well in their own ways.

I also find it curious that a new age of animated films based off TV shows seems to be heading our way, considering I don't think "Sponge Out of Water" set the world on fire by any stretch, even though it was a clear success.

8. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Out of the four, I'm only interested in The Loud House film. I'm not a fan of Bob's Burgers or TTG, and I've lost interest in SBSP sometime after the first film.

9. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder what the movies will be like.
    The TTG movie, like the show gets sometimes, will probably end up being one of the most meta animated films of all time. Maybe it'll be about the Teen Titans making a movie, maybe they'll make fun of other animated films. I think it'd be cool if they team up with original Teen Titans on an epic adventure.

The Spongebob movie will be tricky. They already had the characters go to the surface twice. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up doing it again. Or maybe deal with aliens. Have they dealt with aliens in the show yet?

The Loud House movie I could see being a road trip movie. But I think it'll be cool if the film has a Rashomon feel or is like The Simpsons episode "Trilogy of Error" where we see the exploits of each Loud family member in one big interconnected plot.

As for the Bob's Burgers film, I can see them stretching one of their more adventurous exploits from the show into a big film. What I hope to see is Bob or the family losing or failing to come on top, because I love seeing how they manage to keep going despite failing to achieve whatever they want at times. It's not something you see a lot especially in animated films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

Only the Loud House movie is the one I'm excited for, I could never get into Bob's Burgers (I don't hate it, I just couldn't get into it), I don't think the Sponge needs another movie, and I despise Toddler Titans Go!.

Although since the Loud House movie is a good ways off, I'm worried that either A. The show will hit seasonal rot before the movie, or B. It's meant to end at the movie (like the Sponge was), but Nick will keep milking it and run it into the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk