1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Marvel cartoon was the best???

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by I.R Joey, Jul 1, 2001.

?

Which Marvel cartoon was the best. (In advance sorry Hulk fans)

1. The X-Men (Fox's)

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Spiderman (not unlimited the mid 90's one)

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Iron man

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Fantastic four

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

Okay here we go. I'm going to go with the old X-men series. Sure it didn't have very solid animation, but it just left an impression on me. Now whenever I think of those charecters I imagine those voices (or maybe it's just to much Capcom stuff) speaking. They're potrayal of Magneto was awesome as well. The episode Enter Magneto was awesome.

BTW Again I apologize to the Hulk fans. I'd include all the cartoons if I could. I would have also included the Surfer cartoon (Lady Chaos!?!?! What's wrong Fox don't think kids can deal with the concept of death?.)

#1 I.R Joey, Jul 1, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2001
  2. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

X-Men. The animation may have been mostly sloppy (although there were some great animetd episode slike OUT OF THE PAST) but the series was the best thing Marvel churned out, animated wise.

3. Inque

Inque Liquid Darkness

[color=6666cc] FANTASTIC FOUR!!!

They're one of the best Marvel comic series out there!!
    Spider-man comes in second because it has hydro-man and some other cool villians.[/color]

4. James Harvey

I will givea nod to the second season of the MARVEL ACTION HOUR for improving a ten fold over the horrible first season episodes. There are some second season FF and Iron Man episodes that rocked. Also, the very dark first season on UPN's INCREDIBLE HULK was also very, very cool.

5. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

Yeah props to whoever did the 2nd season of Iron man especially. Considering what they had to work with as far as continuity from the 1st season.

6. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

i never saw but like one episode of iron man

7. joker

joker Rock N' Roll Heart

you left out the hulk cartoon show! i loved this show. it was great. it just got put on a crappy station(upn) and a really crappy time (10:30 sunday mourning) righ when im at church gaa. i hade to tape it each time and i forgot about it some of the time. but very good show. i wish it wouldve lasted more that one season

8. Mr. Eye

Mr. Eye Member

Spidey by far.

Mr. Eye

9. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

my answer is ......

X-MEN

10. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

Re: Re: Which Marvel cartoon was the best???

you are crazy senior x men is better.

11. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

Spiderman is my pick too, by far. I loved X-Men too though. Heck, sure the first season was horribly animated, but why count that against the show when the second season was gorgeous!

Anyway, back to Spidey. I loved it. It was my first exposure to Spiderman, so that shows that since it made me love and understand the characters as much as it would a comic fan, they must have done something right.

The only problems I think the series had was after a few seasons they started recycling animation in more easy to see areas (not just the swinging past buildings thing) and at the same time spreading far far away from the comic's storylines.

A few times I can see why they did it. Like dodging Gwen Stacey for example. But the episodes with Electro, though really great, were so far off story wize. It was true to most of the characters though, like Spidey and Cap.

12. James Harvey

HULK was awesome. The first season ruled. The 3 part finale was great. The 2nd season was merely okay becuase they brightened and chucked in SHE-HULK who was so annoying. X-MEN, I thoguth got great in season three, with the Phoneix stuff. Spidey...well...it was good.

13. Mr. Eye

Mr. Eye Member

Re: Re: Re: Which Marvel cartoon was the best???

Let me repeat myself, Spider-Man by FAR :)

First off, the animation was 20 times better. Second of all, I like it when my cartoons don't have too much cheesy dialogue. Plus I think Spidey is the more superior character over any given X-Men.

Mr. Eye

14. DerekPowers

DerekPowers Ruler of Gotham City, 2049

i'd say x-men. that show had some great stories and eps, and was overall damn good. spiderman was okay, but got really crappy with all that madam web stuff, and ff was pretty good. and mr. eye, what do you mean you like your cartoons without pointless dialogue?! spiderman was full of that, that was the most annoying part about the show, how a villian would be asked a simple question and then just go on and on and on, revealing everything in their lives......that was annoying.

15. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Spider-Man.

X-Men was incrediably faithful - and enjoyable, but always felt a little neutered. Wolverine was reduced to showing his claws 20 times and episodes but unable to do anything with them (unless there was a metal door requiring an opening) and the dark elements of the comic never really made their way across to the TV version. I think the set X-Men team gave it distance from the ever changing comic version.
    Still a worthy attempt and a highly enjoyable show.

Spider-Man, IMO, captured the essence of the comic. Peter's dialogue was perfect, his personal life was captured perfectly and Spider-Man was the hero he should be.
    Admittedly it's job was easier as the Spidey comics aren't half as dark and complicated as the X-Men - but it produced the stuff.
    My only complaint would be that it's 'Sagas' were a little too long..

My favourite Marvel cartoons aren't listed here. The 80's Incredible Hulk cartoon (loved the score!! - reprised in Dungeons and Dragons) and Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (wasn't AT ALL faithful but was a lot of fun!!). Have fond memories of both those cartoons....

16. Mr. Eye

Mr. Eye Member

Hey there. I said cheesy dialogue, not pointless. I thought it was too stilted in X-Men. Maybe it was the acting, I don't know. Plus u know how characters always talk to themselves? Spider-Man is a loner, he's supposed to talk to himself. I didn't like it how everybody talked to themselves in X-Men.

Mr. Eye

17. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Master of the Force

Spiderman takes my vote. That show just got me so involved. I was addicted to it, and I just couldn't get enough.

X-Men was good too, but it really seemed to trail off after the Phoenix Saga. The episodes were just of lower quality overall. Spiderman stayed strong (at least for me) all the way through.

18. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Gotta agree--

--with Jed on this one. Spiderman had a lot of character development....I actually cried when the Mary Jane clone "died" in Peter's arms, and I liked seeing how young Osborne's multiple personality disorder was played out ...plus The Kingpin is much more menacing when he hides behind a normal name like Wilson Fisk and, like Lex Luthor, uses the cover of philanthropy (in the original stories everybody knew he was a crime boss and s.o.b.; that had to hurt his effectiveness). Doctor Doom was handled even better here than in the FF series; nice to see how his anger and depravity cooled when he somehow managed to find a cure for his horrible facial scars. X-Men is a close second, with Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer tied for third....

19. Firefly

Firefly I'm Back!

Spider-Man:)