1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Which is better:game music OR Tailor Swift & Justin Beiber?

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Mikurotoro92, Apr 29, 2016.

?

Which is better:game music OR Swift & Beiber?

Poll closed May 30, 2016.
  1. Game music!

33.3%
  2. Mainstream top-40 tween crap like Swift & Beiber!

66.7%
  3. None of the above!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I prefer movie & TV music!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

Do you prefer VGM or the tween crap like Swift & Beiber? The reason why I'm bringing this up is because Swift & Beiber are going to win yet even MORE awards at the upcoming 2016 Radio Disney Music Awards! I have MUCH more respect for the former then the latter because it's been a big part of my life even as a kid it's certainly way better then the same-old contrived break-up/love songs Swift & Beiber do! In fact I can still remember a LOT of game music I heard as a child but I can't tell you much about any of Swift's or Beiber's songs! (even the absolute CRAPPIEST VGM is still better then most top-40 tween stuff) What do you guys think? As always please explain your reasoning thanks in advance!

#1 Mikurotoro92, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  2. szjdfgs

szjdfgs Well-Known Member

*Taylor (not Tailor)

*Bieber (not Beiber)

Fixed.

3. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

This is a question that needed to be asked?

4. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Bad Blood is sick yo

5. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

Don't besmirch the honor of the Radio Disney Awards. Nothing is more sacred than an nth-tier, corporate sponsored award show.

Who would you give the awards to this year?

#5 JoeMabbon, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  6. Deebee

Deebee Purple Puma

Video game music is awful, and has been for decades. Trite and dull works from 1996’s “Super Mario 64 OST” to 2015’s “Undertale OST” will be forgotten by everyone and cherished by none.

I am glad that Radio Disney is here to provide us with true musical content, and that they are backing the finest of musicians. Swift and Bieber are geniuses, with deeply thought-provoking recent works. Just take a look at some of their lyrics for example. Taylor Swift’s line, “Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play” from her recent hit “Shake it Off” carries an emotional resonance unlike any lyric has before. Justin Bieber’s line, “What do you mean? Ohh ohh ohh. When you nod your head yes but you wanna say no” provides deeply impactful prose, the likes of which other musical artists simple cannot hope to achieve.

Truly, the 2016 Radio Disney Music Awards is shaping up to be the event of our generation. Never before has a musical event been so groundbreaking. This is bigger than the election. This is bigger than the Olympics. This is a cataclysmic event. All TV stations will be broadcasting the 2016 Radio Disney Awards, no exceptions. Nations are gearing up for war over who the true god of music will be. This is not like most awards shows, in which hack judges give out awards to hack artists just to promote them further so that they can all make more money. No. This is real. All other music will be completely erased from history and only one winner will be crowned, and only their music will be available to listen to going forward. Men and women will fall to their knees in worship. Young children will be sacrificed. The deaf will be cured once the winner, either Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift, perform their holiest of hymns. Jesus will descend from the Heavens and weep in awe of mankind’s single greatest achievement.

7. throwbackman

throwbackman EARTH INVADER

You're kidding, right?

8. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

He HAS to be! Why would any normal SANE person say VGM is terrible & disposable tween pop is better?!

But I am sick of corporate award shows! (I know you're being sarcastic lol)

To answer your question: absolutely NONE of them they don't deserve it! If anything game composers are much more deserving of awards (which was the entire point of my thread)!

#8 Mikurotoro92, May 1, 2016
  9. Deebee

Deebee Purple Puma

[​IMG]

In all seriousness, why do you even care? The pop music industry heaps praise and awards onto its artists for no good reason all the time. Just enjoy music you like and avoid music you don't. The point I was trying to get across is it doesn't take a genius to realize video game music is better, and the RD awards is nothing to be concerned about. Chill a tad.

#9 Deebee, May 1, 2016
  10. JoeMabbon

It was an open question. What musical act/performance (pop, non-pop, whatever) do you think was the best of the 2015 calendar year?

11. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

Absolutely none of them they don't deserve it! if anything game composers are much more deserving of awards (which was the entire point of my thread)!
    I know you were being sarcastic lol of course VGM is better! I care because I want to see more representation of it on TV & radio as an alternative to all this tween pop stuff but unfortunately it's because of said tween pop why it won't happen! I mean Europe & Japan have that stuff on TV & radio but not the US? It really sucks that TV only cares about reality shows,sitcoms,medical/crime procedurals,cartoons,etc & radio only cares about the aforementioned tween pop!

I just want to see a genre I love & hold dear to my heart reach it's full potential! Sorry if I upset anybody that was NOT my intention at all!

12. JoeMabbon

I was asking what video game composer(s) was the best in 2015. That's what I meant when I said "whatever." I was leaving the door open on the off chance that there were something non-video game/non-pop that you really enjoyed. And honestly, do you really want more video game based television? Do we really need G4 to come back? Can't we just be content having the internet saturated with video game content?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. throwbackman

throwbackman EARTH INVADER

Actually yes, sarcasm is a foreign language. Complete gibberish is my native tongue :3

14. Mr. Daniel

Mr. Daniel Back (but just occasionally)

Video Games. Check out the soundtracks to Sports Video Games. Very good. especially the FIFA 15 Soundtrack. Not one bad song.

15. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Its highly likely that 99.9% of Mainstream Top 40 listeners would recognize a single videogame composer let alone a single game they may have composed for.

Also Hiro didn't do a game last year, therefore the answer is noone.

16. Tucker Witz

Tucker Witz Banned

I like Justin Beiber music

17. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

IDK if that's really true you're trying to say that people who listen to tween pop would like game music BUT if that was true then why isn't VGM as popular as tween pop or country? I don't really think there's much over-lap between the two!

BTW who's Hiro? Are you referring to Hiroshi Kawaguchi from Sega?

EDIT: OR... are you suggesting that GAMERS (the ones who listen to VGM) are the main audience who listens to tween pop? There's absolutely NO way that's true (but then again gamers are the main ones who like MLP:FIM so anything's possible!) can anybody provide some proof like statistics or something proving that gamers listen to tween pop? Thanks in advance!

#17 Mikurotoro92, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  18. SolotheYoloRolo

SolotheYoloRolo New Member

excuse you but i take offense to my baby justin being lumped in with taylor