1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Which cartoons still air with a.a.p. prints on Boomerang?

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Kevin Mo, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

Some like Detouring America (censored), Land of the Midnight Fun, Nasty Quacks, Let it be Me, Naughty but Mice and a few more air as a.a.p. prints currently.

Can you guys name some more and show me? Thanks.

2. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

Well, this morning, I just learned that "Meatless Flyday" aired as an a.a.p print as well as "Merry Old Soul".

3. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

meatless flyday airs as "dubbed version" I think, video is here. This is the USA dubbed version. however, since this video was recorded years ago, they may have changed it back.

http://chomikuj.pl/Yas25/Serial+*26...4+Meatless+Flyday+MM+CN,1562094471.mpg(video)

Also,

is this the LaserDisc Bars and Stripes Forever?

@DVDLooney Does Herr Meets Hare air as an a.a.p., I saw a CN print with the original ending? however, I also saw the dubbed version on CN.

Also, I saw Odor-able Kitty end with its BR rings in a CN print. Same with Along Came Daffy As well as Pigs is Pigs.

Since I don't have cable, do you recall?

#3 Kevin Mo, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2016
  4. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

Yeah, Turner may have paid to use the a.a.p print of Meatless Flyday. I'm not sure what the process is for Turner Broadcasting using a.a.p prints on Boomerang. Also about "Bars and Stripes" Forever. It looks like it was ripped from an old VHS tape. It could be laserdisc, but more from VHS from what i'm seeing.

I don't know if USA Boomerang are contemplating on airing an a.a.p print of Herr meets Hare. But it could be possible considering that they're going to air Daffy the Commando. That cartoon, however, i don't know if they'll air that in a.a.p form or not.

#4 DVDLooney, Aug 8, 2016
  5. NewBogus :)

NewBogus :) Plastic Duck Saves the World

I wish I saw the US Print of Daffy the Commando. :D

6. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

I wish I could DVR these shorts and post them on Dailymotion, but I can't. I can only watch them :(

I hope USA Boomerang airs shorts like Sport Chumpions and Hare Brained Hypnotists. Even as a.a.p prints. I haven't seen too many a.a.p prints available online.

7. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

the dubbed version? of daffy the commando. that's hard to find since it rarely airs on Boomerang.

Also

ALL THIS AND RABBIT STEW WITH ALTERED ENDING CARD! From 1938 weird. Not dubbed version.

Daffy the commando rarely airs in the US, so finding a dubbed print would be rare.

http://chomikuj.pl/Yas25/Serial+*26...5+Herr+Meets+Hare+MM+CN,1562171104.mpg(video)

AAP possibly, herr meets hare, with AAP cut off.

the dubbed version restored the original opening rings and production code, which I heard AAP changed them to match Gold Rush Daze for unknown reasons. Yippee for dubbed versions!

Also, @DVDLooney, your featured video on DailyMotion is Detouring America. I heard theres a LaserDisc dubbed version like @A-Cecil said because no copy with the original ending was released on home video. Does your DVD dubbed better than LaserDisc dubbed?

https://new.vk.com/video39569489_168305725 LaserDisc dubbed.

#7 Kevin Mo, Aug 8, 2016
  8. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

I don't want to go off-topic as it pertains to the subject of this thread, but I'd say the Dubbed Version look better imo. I would be happy if Turner broadcasting did air the a.a.p print of Detouring America on USA Boomerang like Cartoon Network did a decade ago.

9. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

@NewBogus Daffy the Commando airs on Boomerang USA, on Saturday. Maybe someone can record the US dubbed version for you.

I am not sure when it airs on your boomerang network but they should air around the same day.

wait cartoon network airs the "dubbed version" of Detouring America uncut now?

looney tunes needs to get back on Cartoon Network as Boomerang costs extra money for your cable package, and CN is part of basic cable packaging.

Mod Note: Triple Post Merged. Please use the edit button on first post and add next time. Do not post multiple times in a row.

#9 Kevin Mo, Aug 8, 2016
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Mod Note: This is an in-thread warning to stop double and triple posting. That is not allowed at Toon Zone. Edit your first post with new content instead of posting multiple times in a row. You can right click on Reply or hit the Multi Quote button to the left to collect posts you want to reply to.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

DO NOT REPLY TO THE POST #10, but take as warning.

Does Little Dutch Plate survive with its original Blue Ribbon end titles?

12. PF9

PF9 Member

I don't have Boomerang, but it's nice to know a.a.p.'s role in LT/MM history is still being recognized to this day

13. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

AAP role isn't much, I mean dubbed versions have taken over the television networks and DVD releases on the movies.

14. zlens

zlens New Member

I didn´t know they use the a.a.p. print of Nasty Quacks on USA Boomerang, here they only use the dubbed versión, with the new dub. I suppose but I´m not sure if it is possible to hear the spanish dub of the a.a.p. version of Nasty Quacks, (in that case, the original spanish dub because its an a.a.p. print) using the sap option of the TV. Can anyone tell me if that is true?