Which are your Least Favorite Episodes of Regular Show?

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by King_of_doom, Jun 19, 2013.

1. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

As much as i like Regular Show, there are some episodes i just don't like:

-The Unicorns Have to go: I just hate this episode, the Unicorns where such a jerks and having Rigby acting in his jerk persona 100% makes even worst.

-House Rules: I think this episode could have work alot better. The Antagonist i didn't like him at all and felt he was kinda boring also that the Unicorns return didn't make this episode enjoyable. You would expect something like the Cat in the Hat type of episode where the No Rules Man uses his no rule powers in the house and do alot of crazy stuff but it didn't

-Rap It Up: I know some might like this episode but personally i didn't like it, you can say that i'm not a fan of Rap Music, the battle was kinda cool but overall not great.

-Cruisin: I personally hated all of the characters attitude in this episode, Mordecai and Rigby acting total jerks that they can get a girls number. Margaret and Eileen are not sympathetic either in this episode where they are also acting as jerks towards the guys that even ask 2 guys to pretend to be their boyfriends but what i hated all are the 2 girls Mordecai and Rigby pick, you kinda wish the girls and their boyfriends had their comeuppance and at the end it could have been better instead of Margaret and Eileen inviting Mordecai and Rigby food from the coffee shop instead of somewhere else.

-Replaced: I gotta say that this could have turn out alot better. You would think that the guys who replace Mordecai and Rigby are some monsters in disguise or that are pretending to be hard workers till we discover that they are worst then Mordecai and Rigby yet they are simple guys doing the job that Benson ask which btw why are they doing it in the first place? They say they have a degrees so why the hell they are taking a job as groundskeepers? They think they are smart but they are idiots if you ask me.

Also what disappoint me of this episode is that they didn't get at least some special guest to do the voices, kinda expecting people like Brian O'Halloran and Jeff Anderson from Clerks to do the voices.

-Out of Commission: I didn't like this one much, personally i found Cart too annoying especially when he was saying "For old Cart sake" it lost all meaning when he repeats it over and over.

-Quips: I know this one was trying to make a point of how a family member is annoying yet they really overdue it with Quips and the ending didn't make much sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013
  2. Getouttamylab!

Getouttamylab! Truth-seekers wanted

I didn't really like TUHG2G for mostly the grossout reasons, like when they were farting in people's faces and made Mordecai eat what was strongly implied to be their...um, fecal matter. Ugh, just, ugh, I'm a fan of grossout humor, but that was too much.

Someone will inevitably mention "The Best Burgers In The World", so I'll just go ahead and throw it out there. This is the episode where Mordecai, Rigby, and Benson are extremely rude to each other, Mordecai and Rigby for trying to get out working in various ways, and Benson for eating their hamburgers and acting like a smug dipwad about it afterwards. (A lot of people side with Mordecai and Rigby and say that Benson deserves to get the snot pounded out of him, but there isn't really a winning side, both sides were awful to each other.)

And also "Bald Spot". Man, if I had had to watch Muscle Man's pecs flex uncrontrollably for thirty more seconds I would have gone crazy.

3. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Which is TUHG2G again? Sorry i can't remember that one.

Oh man totally forgot about that episode. I thought all 3 where acting selfish at its best especially Benson. he could have at least let Mordecai and Rigby buy the burgers after and finish the rest of the chores they had. I do felt it was justice to Benson when he ate Mordecai and Rigby's burgers yet he still acted as a jerk which in a way you get some satisfaction when he ate the Death Sandwich.

4. Mike C

Mike C New Member

"Out of Commission" is by far the worst. I didn't like anything about it, it was just stupid and I hated the cart. I also really didn't enjoy "Bald Spot" and "The Longest Weekend" because they were just boring and I don't care for Muscle Man and Starla being focused on. Then there's "Caveman"... ugh do I need to explain? lol

5. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

Yeah, "The Best Burgers in the World" is easily one of the most polarizing RS episodes ever made. It's been the source of numerous fan arguments.

Typically viewers are divided into 2 camps, siding on the extreme side of either Mordecai and Rigy or with Benson, but in truth this whole episode was gray; none of those characters really came off as likable in that one. Mordo and Rigs were just as much at fault here: if they had just done their chores initially, then they wouldn't have had so much work piled up and they could have just gotten their burgers at the same time as everyone else. Trying to fake out Benson with the holograms didn't make them look any better. But on the flip side, Benson didn't have to do what he did, even if he was angry at them and trying to make an example of them; he could've just confiscated their burgers and locked them in the fridge and told Mordecai and Rigby that they couldn't have them until after their chores were finished, then as insurance he could've put someone like Muscle Man in charge of guarding the fridge so they couldn't try to get the burgers while his back was turned, but eating their burgers right in front of them and then basically rubbing their noses in it was a major jerk move on Benson's part, especially since the cart wasn't going to be around again for 100 years and it's likely that only Skips would still be around when it showed up again. So there were really no heroes in this episode; all parties came off looking pretty bad here.

That said, I'd totally get a Ultimeatum if someone actually made one. Just putting it out there.

6. Splufay

Splufay Member

Man, I actually consider The Best Burgers in the World to be one of my favorite episodes. I really love how tense they made it feel when Benson had just discovered the holograms, it's a move this show doesn't pull TOO often and it was executed brilliantly. Not to mention the fight scene was epic.

Least favorite... hmm. I'd have to say either Quips or Yes, Dude, Yes. Quips for obvious reason.

Yes, Dude, Yes on the other hand just fell flat on its face. Back in season 3, I despised Mordecai and Margaret episodes. I felt like they came off as extremely cheezy, and looking back I really can't find any significantly funny moments in any of the episodes. (Minus Death Bear and Bad Kiss, those two were pretty alright) I really feel like season 4 has been a great turn-around for that couple, as I've really felt invested in their story-arc lately. TGI Tuesday was what really set the ball in motion, imo.

7. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

I think that would have been a better story, Silverstar. I can actually pic that and watch Muscleman try to eat the burgers till everyone wants to eat them. The ending could have work if putting burgers on the fridge would spoil them or that Mordecai and Rigby actually ate the burgers but later say "i had better" or having all the chaos they did to obtain the burgers as we see the park destroyed and say "totally worth it"

8. CartoonFridays

CartoonFridays Promoted to detective.

I've heard a lot of people gripe about "Muscle Mentor", saying that M&R got in trouble with Benson for saving somebody.

9. Getouttamylab!

Getouttamylab! Truth-seekers wanted

I was just adding another comment to "The Unicorns Have Got To Go". I just abbreviated it. Sorry if I made it sound too vague.

10. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Active Member

The Best Burgers in the world was not a great episode but I defend Benson's actions in that episode. I believe him eating the burgers was perfect punishment for Mordo an Rigby. It is their fault all their work piled up really have no one to blame but themselves. Honestly saying the Burgers for later would have taught them nothing, shown then that they can break the rules and get what they want.

Think Positive: I hated how Mordecai was written in this episode. He is normally the more responsible one of the duo, he knows when it's time to be serous and when it's time to goof off. Yet in this episode he was pretty much just a second Rigby.

Bad Kill and Do or Diaper: for the same reason, these episodes simply drag on the Mordecai and Margret Sub plot. There was no point keeping it going for as long as they did. These episodes only exist to prevent the obvious conclusion from happening. I'm glad it's finally over.

11. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Not really, the plot on that episode was that Benson had enough of Rigby always slacking and Rigby thought it was a good idea that he wasn't ready for all the chores he has to do so Benson called Muscleman to train Rigby and be a better employee. Benson was acting a bit of a jerk but it was justified since Rigby didn't give a damn about his work so yeah i didn't felt sorry for Rigby but glad he learn a lesson,

Nah no worries, it's understandable :),

-With the best burgers, i think he could have reserve the burgers for later i mean we saw how on "Stick Hockey" the guys where working hard to remove all the gum from the park but in a way i believe Benson won't do that again because of what happen in that episode.

-I do agree that Mordecai was way out of character in that episode.

-I actually like Bad Kiss, believe me there where other romances that gotten drag until finally they are in a relationship like John and Liz from Garfield..........hell could have been worst, they would have gone to the status quo as they did with Six and Dr. Holiday from Generator Rex.

I forgot to mention other episodes:

-Trailer Trash:

I don't know about the others who like this episode but me personally didn't like it. The plot was doing well till the whole Mad Max scenes, instead of borrowing a few elements from the movie and make their own original scenes they just took the entire scenes of the 2nd and 3rd movie i was like wow..........that was so boring to watch, didn't felt like Regular Show to me also the ending where High Five Ghost was guarding the Trailer was too obvious also Thomas was turned into the new Meg, everyone now seems to yell at him when he thinks the idea is too stupid.

K.I.L.I.T. Radio:

I really don't know where they going with this episode it didn't even had that nutty atmosphere it usually has even tho the antagonist was a computer yet could have work better. Also having the DJ sacrifice himself which was actually cool but then all of a sudden he shows up out of nowhere even if he had survive the explosion he has a freaking hole in his body..........if people got mad that Black Panther from Avengers: EHM sacrifice and then return was a joke, this one takes the cake.

12. TitanicForce

TitanicForce New Member

Thank you people for making me feel better about some of the episodes I don't like!

Out Of Commission is BY FAR the worst episode in the series history. I've had people try to explain to me how good it is, but the person who voiced the cart should never be allowed to speak again. Brutal voice and a boring, annoying episode.

Quips is the next one that comes to mind. Again, that voice should be retired to the halls of shame. A few lame jokes? OK. 100? Holy crap, never again.

Those are pretty much the only two episodes that I will literally turn off if they come on my tv. Outside of those, most of my least favorites are from this season when I thought the show was losing steam (and for a while, I thought was done for good until this recent string of greatness). Firework Run, Sandwich of Death, Ace Balthazar Lives, Caveman, and That's My Television were all a part of a multi-month set that I hated. Mostly for the very repetitive nature/theme of all the episodes. Also didn't care much for Carter and Briggs, as again, I had been overloaded by the 80's theme.

Aside from that, everything else was at least OK. Thought episodes like The Best VHS in the World, Skunked, and the infamous Unicorns episode were all pretty mediocre. But nearly everything from the first three season are genuinely awesome.

As for some of the discussions in here - I love Rap It Up! Something about that episode is brilliant, and it honestly might be one of my favorites of all time. I enjoyed the music and the visuals during the rap battle were great. And I liked the Best Burger episode. Yeah, Benson eating it at the end was a huge **** move but the rest of the episode was pretty hilarious, and I liked the classic music slow motion thing.

13. Vaporleaf

Vaporleaf New Member

I like the "jerkness" in RS, it just seems like the kind of less-than-perfect "regular guy" behavior that the show is known for. I wish it had that edge back actually. Now the characters are kind of bland.

The episodes I don't like are basically the ones that are predictable and "meh" (as in most recent ones). "Quips" jumps to mind in particular.

14. GPRailroad8794

GPRailroad8794 New Member

Barring Gut Model, any Muscleman episode. The main reason I can tolerate Gut Model is for the character developement contained within.

Any others I can't think of at the moment so I'll post them later.

15. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Active Member

Yes he could have but in a sense that would have been rewarding their bad behavior since they should not have been able to buy the burgers to begin with. I feel him eating the burgers is probably the only way he could have taught them a lesson.

16. Pelvix

Pelvix Member

There are a lot of RS episodes I just can't stand, ALOT, but I'm gonna go with 'Do Me A Solid' right now. He was being the biggest jerkass to Mordecai for no reason whatsoever, and the ending IMO is worse than 'The Best Burgers In The World' (another episode I can't stand).

17. Aussie

Aussie New Member

Yeah the ending of "Do Me a Solid" sucked BIG time. However, I didn't really mind the episode up until that end bit. I agree with Vaporleaf here, the episodes that showcase overt jerkiness are some of my favorites while the bland ones (I'm looking at you, Season 3) have me reaching for the remote.

Interesting how we have so many different takes on what I thought was a relatively straightforward show :)

18. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

The thing is that Rigby couldn't stand Eileen at the time when he didn't knew more about her and thinking that Mordecai is only making fun of him thought he would settle the score with the Solids. However over the time Rigby has shown support for Mordecai especially with the Meteor Moves even tho he was acting as a jerk he was tired that Mordecai didn't make a move so it was justified.

19. Pelvix

Pelvix Member

You're right I guess, I mean they are "Bros4Life", but the ending...that just got on my nerves

20. Mike C

Mike C New Member

"The Best Burgers in the World" is not one of my favorites, but it was a decent episode. I didn't really mind the "jerkiness" cuz Benson is always on Mordecai and Rigby's cases, it was nothing too out of the ordinary IMO. I didn't find myself taking either side.