Where are the Justice Lords?

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by bat313, Jan 14, 2005.

1. bat313

bat313 Active Member

The hawkgirl threat got me thinking, where exactly are the Justice Lords now. Everyone assumes they are in jail in our justice league's iniverse, but i would think the JL made sure to send them back, and let the Justice Lords Batman take care of them. THough it really dons't make sense to me how a power disrupter can take away ALL of their powers and leave them all normal :rolleyes: But despite that, i'd think they are locked up in thier own Universe, any thoughts?

2. Harley_Quinn

Harley_Quinn Honey, get mommy’s bazooka

I would have to say that the BW Bats has them locked up in the same prison he had the Justice league in, I mean if it wasn't for the Flash our guys would never have gotten out.

So short answer, BW Bats is watching them.

3. MJC

MJC New Member

I asked this question a while ago. No real answer, though.

4. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster

Actually, I can't remember if they're in our dimension or not, but if they were... The Goverment would have them. They'd be able to study them and find thier strengths and weaknesses etc.

They'd also have a version of Batman/Flash they could unmask. Hmmmm.

5. Supremus

Supremus New Member

They could unmask Flash, but didn't Lord Batman stay in his own dimension?

6. MJC

MJC New Member

Flash was dead in that dimension. So they wouldn't have either one of them. That said, I could see the other lorders voluntarily giving up Flash's and Batman's identities to get back at the league.

7. Harley_Quinn

Which is why I think BW Bats has them, he would know that they were too dangerous to be left in the other dimension.

8. Supremus

Supremus New Member

Heh, as I wrote that I was thinking back to the big battle trying to remember if Batman was there, and I couldn't remember who Lord Flash was fighting. Now I know why. It's been a while since I saw this episode :)

It would certainly make sense for the Justice Lords to be involved in the Government conspiracy. Their story, and what happened in their dimension, could very well be what made the Government concerned about the JL(U) in the first place, and there is no reason why the Lords wouldn't reveal the identities of Flash, Batman, and even Superman.

9. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

Why would the Justice Lords Batman have them locked up?

It wasn't like he decided to change his way of thinking regarding the way The Lords did things. I thought he just just decided that The Lords shouldn't in force their way on The Justice League's Universe.

As far as what was done with the Lords that's a good question. They have a lot of information on The League since they are counterparts and could reveal a lot of damaging information to the authorities.

10. Tash

Tash New Member

In our dimention, only Batman knew who they were. Why would the other league be any diffrent?

11. MJC

MJC New Member

If you're going by our dimension, Superman and WW both know who Batman is, and J'onn knows who Superman is. Since Flash died, Batman probably made Flash's identity public so he could have a proper funeral and all.

12. Allen CARR

Allen CARR New Member

my guess is, Lord Batman is dead.since the other lords are powerless for NOW, im sure the goverment in that dimension, have arrested Lord Batman.Haveing no reason to fear the Lords now, the world has probbaly risen up. Or the other Justice lords escaped, and killed Lord Batman.

13. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster

The Lords were in the batcave and John referred to Smallville as Superman's home town. Looks like they all know each other's identitys.

I'd like to see what Justice Lord Flash looked like. The rest of the designs whooped ass. :)

14. Harley_Quinn

I would to but the Flash would have had the same costume because he was dead at the start of that episode, when the rest of the Lords were wearing the same costumes as our Justice League.

15. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Bonehead

That would be coolness cake on top of awesome pie. I would LOVE the Lords to make an appearance in the four part second season finale.

16. DarkLantern

DarkLantern Keeping my promise

CLICK

Luthor’s power disrupter works by generating an energy wave that permanently disrupts the electrical impulses of the central nervous system so the Justice Lords couldn’t activate their natural powers/abilities (thus, Superman can’t fly, Hawkgirl can use her wings, etc). This includes preventing JLord GL from generating enough will power to activate his ring. Even Superman’s invulnerability, which is created by a electrochemical bio aura, would be shut down.

There was an old John Byrne Superman issue in the 80’s that explained this concept in greater detail, but in short, the JLords still have their powers, they just can’t use them anymore.

The disrupter can also disrupt the energy field in Hawkgirl’s mace, rendering that useless as well...

Lackey!

Ah... yes, boss?

You can monitor the tee zee boards later, we need your dissertation on how the Dark Lantern problem has finally been eliminated.

Yessir. Right away, sir.

CLICK

17. Supremus

Supremus New Member

Yay! It seems I finally got my DarkLantern decoder wheel calibrated correctly. I understood most of that.

18. Style

Style The Green Style Returns

I don't think this one was coded.

What would happen if you used that power disruptor on Batman? You might think, "nothing," but the Superfriends version of the device actually jammed Batman's utility belt! I kinda thought that was cool...

19. Allen CARR

Allen CARR New Member

that entire explantion sounds so comic book. so in a sense, the Lords powers can return one day?IT ALL JUST SOUNDs LAUGHABLE[sorry it does]

20. Kino

Kino New Member

It seems awfully nice for a government spy/lackey. Maybe it might consider switching sides in the future? :)

I figure that the Lords have been imprisoned either way, whether it be by their bat, or the prime universe's League. Then again, I wonder if they've been forced to do community service, of a sort? *pictures the Lords picking up roadside trash*

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2005