When did you discover Toon Zone?

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Marvin Tikvah, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Marvin Tikvah

Marvin Tikvah New Member

I'm quite curious just how all of us ended up here. I doubt we all just typed in the URL and joined immediately.

I first discovered Toon Zone in the summer of 2003 when I was looking up info on the Fall schedule for the Fox Box. I think a link from the now-defunct TV Tome lead me the line-up, and from there I clicked on the link to the responses in the General Animation Board. I remember just coming back over the next few months to read the talkbacks and the schedules. It was fun to see guys like Matt Wilson (Killtacular), Hyper Luigi (Sketch), and Knux Five (Chad Bonin) all respond to the same topics or offer some knowledge from their fandoms.

I lurked for two years before finally deciding to join in September 2005, due to getting my cable connection back and wanting to get in on the action for the new fall season. I especially wanted in because that was the year Naruto and the infamous Loonatics Unleashed aired. Two anticipated shows for entirely different reasons. Ever since then, I've just settled here because of the wide interest in animation. I feel more active now due to the freedom of college as well.

So what about the rest of you? How did you get here?

2. Captain Highwind

Captain Highwind New Member

Found World's Finest first when I was looking for a Batman Beyond site back in 98-99? Then they moved to Toon Zone, and I've been reading this site since the change over in 2001.

3. Cassie Star

Cassie Star New Member

Found it in 2003 (I think on TV Tome) and wanted to join, but membership was closed. Randomly tried again in April 2004, and this time it worked.

4. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

I had just left TV.com in 2007, and was looking a for a board where I could actually some intelligent discussion about animation. My brother Blackstar told me about Toon Zone, which he had found by doing a random search.

I lurked for a couple of days, liked what I saw, and applied for an account. It took about days for my account to be approved, but as you can see, I eventually got in.

5. Nel_Annette

Nel_Annette Go green!

Whenever Paranoia Agent was airing. I was googling for a forum to discuss it (IGN wasn't cutting it anymore and I had gotten weary of the place) and Toon Zone came up as one of the first results. Fell in love with the place when I saw all the sub forums and lurked until March 2006.

6. Dr. Daedalus

Dr. Daedalus I presume.

I've answered this question before, but I believe I was searching for Tiny Toons info back in 2003. Not surprisingly, the WBC was where I made my first post.

(BTW, I was such an idiot back then. I really am embarrassed to read posts from my first year or two)

7. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

I found out about it in 2005, a few months before I registered. I was a big fan of “Brandy & Mr. Whiskers” back then and I was doing some searches for information on the series. Suffice to say, I ultimately found a discussion on Toon Zone where several users were criticizing the series, which prompted me to join in order to speak up in its defense. Even then I didn’t really post that much until late 2007. Before then I posted on TV Tome’s forums and later TV.com’s forums, but neither of those were as interesting as Toon Zone.

8. chdr

chdr New Member

I just randomly happened upon the site around 2004 or so. After several years of lurking (mostly in the CN Boards), I decided to join the forums.

9. Elven Moon

Elven Moon hiya, toonsters

This was 8 years ago (wowzers) in 2001, so I can't remember the details. All I know is I came here through a news link about something, and ended up registering :)

10. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

It was July 2003, through the main site when I was trying to look for some fix on animation news. I paid a small bit of attention to the forum, thought it would be a good place to hang out, and the rest is history.

11. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

2002. I was doing net searches regarding something and that was when I came across The X Bridge and then the main TZ site. Then I eventually lurked the forums for a short while, and then I started posting.

12. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

Well, I believe I first found the site when it was linked at one of the TVTOME forums around 2003 or 2004, which happened a lot, mainly because of news stories. For a while, I merely lurked the forum from time to time, but in January 2005 I finally decided to join and start posting myself.

13. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Yeah, it was right after Adult Swim started and I just found it through a search. I thought the Adult Swim board here was some kind of official Adult Swim board, then I saw the official Adult Swim board and didn't like it so I started posting here.

14. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Ten Years on TZ!

I discovered TZ through the Termite Terrace Trading Post in 2001, back when I was searching for Tom and Jerry discussion. In fact, the majority of my earliest posts once I joined were only on the TTTP.

The rest of the specifics are pretty vague.

15. sdp

sdp God

Early summer of 2004, I became a huge fan of Teen Titans and found the DCAU forum, I lurked for a lot of months until I finally joined. From there I used to check the news on the news forum but stopped when that forum was taken away. I slowly started venturing into the entertainment board then the general animation forum as I became a cartoon fan again then the anime forum then the video game forum etc.

16. jph139

jph139 Immortal

I popped in and out 'round... huh... at least 2003, I think. I'd occasionally browse, whenever I was bored, to read about whatever was new about anime and, well, 'toons in general. Around 2006, I would guess, I started lurking full time, making daily rounds. Then I finally signed up in 2007 - I didn't attempt to really make an impression; just wanted to chip in every so often with opinions. I mean, I didn't even want an avatar for a while. Then I started posting frequently... and now I'm a mod. Funny how that works out.

Wait, what was the question? Oh, right. So, around 2003 I was browsing the internet for Toonami info and such, and it led me here. Not particularly exciting, but, well, thar it be.

17. Chris Sanders MSX

Chris Sanders MSX The MAN is back

18. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

I found it by...accident. No, it's true.

I was on Google, saw the link, liked what I saw, and joined.

19. Leaping Larry Jojo

Leaping Larry Jojo Searching for a map

Surfing for cartoon forums in 1997 or 1998. This is when we still had pyramid-scheme thread formats. Has it really been 10 years? Wow. Am I really this old? Ugh.

20. The Cartoon

The Cartoon Moderator

If I remember correctly, I was searching for information on Scooby-Doo and a Toon Zone thread came up in my search. After reading that page, I searched the rest of the site (mostly the retro forum) and I decided to join.