1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

When "Batman and Harley Quinn" takes place?

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Juaco VTX7, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Juaco VTX7

Juaco VTX7 New Member

Hi guys. In thos thread I wanted to tell a question around the newly movie Batman and Harley Quinn. The film, released in 2017, as confirmed by Bruce Timm, is part of the DC Animated Universe, making it the first addition to the universe after the ending of Justice League Unlimited in 2006. And even better, Timm had mentioned that he is interested in doing more Batman: The Animated Series DTVs. Hurray!

But returning to the main topic, when the story of Batman and Harley Quinn takes place at DCAU? Many believe it is after Justice League Unlimited and before Batman Beyond and The Zeta Project. It seems correct, but will it be true? What I think is that even as crazy as it sounds, the movie could be set after the events of the flashback sequence of Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. I'll tell you why I think this. Tim Drake is not seen or mentioned in the entire film because possibly Leslie Tompkins was still doing therapy to return his sanity, while on the other hand, Harley seems to have cut all ties with the world of crime, breaking his friendship and also her possible romantic relationship with Poison Ivy and above all by the death of her "Puddin".

And before you can say to me that it's impossible since Batgirl said that Harley was never found after her 'death', it may be possible that Batman and Nightwing somehow learned that Harley survived and now she was living as a civilian but did not tell Gordon because they did not thought that she would have cared. However, with the release of the prequel comics from the film, we will possibly have more information on this subject.

2. iammattie

iammattie Member

The end of the movie she's a tv psychiatrist. There's no way Barbara didn't know about a rogue reaching celebrity status. Best I can give you is this happen and sometime after the Batman: Harley and Ivy comics (May 2004) and before the ROTJ flashback (sometime between 2004-2007).

3. Dallas Kinard

Dallas Kinard Active Member

I have this set after the flashback as well for a few of the reasons you mentioned. I think it's perfectly fair to say we have no idea how long Harley's TV show lasted, and it's very possible Barb never found out about it if it was just a one night thing. Overall, it's perfectly feasible that this movie takes place AFTER JLU and the ROTJ flashback.

4. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

The DCAU operates in Peanuts time, so real-world dates and whatnot, outside of The Zeta Project and the Near-Apocalypse of '09, are pretty much irrelevant.

Here is the definitive timeline, composed by me. I have not added Batman and Harley Quinn yet (and I might not) because I don't feel like it SHOULD be canon, even if it is. b.t. probably knew fans would feel that way about this particular project, which is why he hedged his bets in interviews.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/thre...ted-universe-timeline-major-spoilers.4187791/