1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your longest run of a series? Part 3

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by JoeMabbon, Nov 26, 2015.

1. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

What's the longest you've ever followed a comic title? I've been following both of IDW's Transformers ongoings for a couple of years, since they started, and both are about to hit 50. Usually I drop off long before this milestone due to cancellation, decline in quality, or shift in creative team. Before this series, Fullmetal Alchemist and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic were my longest followings. I also put alot of time into the Rick Remender run on Venom as well. What are some comic runs that you've followed for a long time?

2. Xxerox

Xxerox Member

I don't read comics or manga or whatever now. BUT before i followed tons of online comics that were published once per week. Some of them are still going, and are as much charming as they were : Slightly Damned, Two Kinds, Sandra and Woo, Faux Pass, and many many more... wow, maybe i should just go back and read them again.

3. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Honestly the only comics I follow are Archie comics and I've been picking up Sonic The Hedgehog titles since... 42 back in 1996 so yeah my longest run of a series is 19 years and still going strong honestly.

4. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Shamefully, it'd probably be the Archie Sonic comics whom I've stuck with since #49 - #160ish something or another, baring any issues I skipped in-between and older issues before #49 that I read at some point during. Also counted are the Knuckles series and the various mini-series and specials that came with it. I was huge into Sonic back then and read the comics for at least eight years or so (probably five years too many.) I gave it up when Sonic lost its appeal on me years ago and haven't touched them since. I heard they went through their own Infinite Crisis (partially because of that Ken Penders debacle.) Probably for the best, I remember it got super convoluted.

Right now, it's Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye, the Transformers-Comic-Formerly-Known-as-Robots-in-Disguise (though I don't put near as much effort reading this as I do the rest), Windblade, etc. etc. Basically the current IDW Transformers comics starting with MTMTE and RID. MTMTE is never been bad and I'm glad there isn't any signs of them stopping any time soon.

I've also kept up with Saga, currently on #31.

Manga wise, there's Fullmetal Alchemist's 27 volumes of manga. I did read through all of the 28 volumes of Tsubaba: Resevoir Chronicles, but unlike FMA, left with an extremely bitter taste in my mouth (seriously, CLAMP, what the hoo-ha happened?!) Any attempts to read the bazillion chapters of shonen back when I was into it were met with failure and the chances of me diving into, say, One Piece would be astronomically at this time.

This isn't counting long-running webcomics I've read.

5. Angilasman

Angilasman Active Member

Hellboy. Been following it since '04, right after the first movie came out. Picked up the latest issue last week.

Of course, these days the series has split: Mike Mignola still writes and draws Hellboy's continuing adventures in Hellboy in Hell, and Mike writes or co-writes a flashback series called Hellboy and the BPRD with a rotating team of collaborators, and that series goes back and fills in the various adventures Hellboy has had through his monster-fighting career.