1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

whats YOUR favorite thing about X-men evolution?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by DerekPowers, Jul 14, 2001.

1. DerekPowers

DerekPowers Ruler of Gotham City, 2049

I know there arent many huge fans of the show, and i myself only find it mediorcre (sp??) at best, but there is one thing i really like about the show: i love the character designs. i usually only watch the show for that (god knows i aint watching for the stories or writing). but who ever designed those characters did a good job. I love how they did rogue, cyclops, spike, quicksilver, toad, jean, nightcrawler, all of them. they are really stylized and have some cool gear and stuff. plus when out of costume they where clothes people actually wear today. it sort of reminds me of the "young justice" (well, sort of). and it really makes me upset that the writing isnt on par with the character designs, but hey, atleast it has that going for it. so, what's your favorite thing about this cartoon?.........

2. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Well...

...I'll agree that the animation is nice. I especially like the looks of Jean Grey and Kitty Pryde in Shadowcat's debut episode. And "Spykecam" is a fair effort (although I have to wonder why Rogue's hair is red yet her body hair grew in brown after she touched Sabretooth...see the Dice quote in my sig and you'll catch my drift). I would have liked to see more explanation of Logan and Creed's dispute (they used to work for the same people but had a falling-out over an Indian dame named Silver Fox), however. Others like the Juggernaut ep and "Middleverse" are laughably bad (I'm still waiting to see Forge, after 20 or so years out of commission, try to adapt to our modern life--his great scientific mind befuddled by a microwave burrito or a TV remote!).
    Ah luvs to look at th' purty wimmins.... :p

3. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

I agree that the design of the show is pretty good. Wolverine has a styling costume, but it needs to be tweaked just a bit more. The X-Suits look pretty good. Sorta retro, but fit nicely into modern times. And ya know, I have some clothes that are JUST LIKE what Cyclops wears out of costume...which is sorta weird. Other than that, the series really needs some good writing, and maybe we'll get some in season 2. X-MEN :TAS didn't start out 100%, and we all know this show didn't, either.

4. joker

joker Rock N' Roll Heart

when its not on

5. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

What do I like about X-Men: E?

The ending credits.

Seriously to much liberty is a bad thing.

6. batboy2001

batboy2001 Spider Jerusalem

I also liked the way they drew the caracters, they look pretty realistic, for a cartoon.

7. icecold

icecold Guest

I like everything about the show. Sure, the writing isn't exactly oscar material but the show's still fun to watch, maybe because it's the only walking, talking X-Men out there right now until the next movie

8. Tim Drake

Tim Drake Active Member

I like watching the show on mute with old school X-men music on. A couple of my friends keep talking about rewriting dialouge and dubbing our voices into the show to make it tolerable.......

9. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

Nooooo, gotta be a dissenting voice here. While the animation is good and the style is okay, the main thing that derails the look of the show for me is that everyone looks emaciated. Geez, "streamlined" doesn't have to mean "painfully thin!" Pretty much everyone except Wolverine and the Blob needs a cheeseburger or twelve. Even the Juggernaut looked like a beanpole! That's why I occasionally refer to the show as X-Men: Underfed Teenagers.

10. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

My god are they skinny. I bet Kitty could just fit through door cracks instead of phasing through. Scott looks like could fit in between a couple peices of paper. I know the characters are supposed to be young, but does that include painfully thin? I agree with you on this totally, Hatter,

11. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

i do not personally care for he show at all but thats me.

12. Leaping Larry Jojo

Leaping Larry Jojo Searching for a map

I always hated the snobby "hip" crowd when I was in high school and I hate watching snobby "hip" mutants, which is just about 10X worse.

To me, it's the attitude of the characters that turns me off. They also don't push the characters enough--no senses-shattering emotions.

13. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

for me its just plain old crappy and stupid.

14. Firefly

Firefly I'm Back!

The charecters are drawn pretty good

15. optimal321

optimal321 The Manhunter from Mars

The show is aesthetically pleasing. Animation and designs are great, but i'm still not too sure how good the show is on the whole.

16. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

i can not really like something for one small part of a show like animation or just th base in a band.

17. killercroc

killercroc Active Member

I hate giving answers like this that don't seem thought out, but I really have been thinking about this. My favorite thing is that I don't watch it anymore. The episode with the Blob was what pushed me over the edge. That ep totally contradicted the whole point of the 20 years of comics.

What happened to the message of accepting people even though they were different than you?