1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

whats your favorite saturday morning block

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by keyandpeele, Jan 22, 2016.

1. keyandpeele

keyandpeele Banned

2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

My favorite was Kids' WB. I have a lot of nostalgic fondness for the block. Even before I got into Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!, coming home from school to watch Batman and Superman was just wonderful. There were quite a few good animated series on the lineup, especially their superhero cartoons. The hours of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! they had for their weekday afternoon block were especially good. Coming home to forget about my terrible days at school with my favorite shows was a blessing and it's one of the main reasons why I was more upset over losing the weekday afternoon block than I was when the block itself went down.

The last couple of years were pretty bad for the block and after they didn't air Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh!, I basically dropped it. Although, I probably should have watched at least The Batman since that was pretty good from what I remember. It had its low points, but Kids' WB was my favorite Saturday morning block.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

Disney's One Saturday Morning.

4. MPetitWPB

MPetitWPB Member

Personally Fox Kids in my opinion, simply because since its' inception to the last day, they ran the full complete gamut of shows from all different types of genres from light comedy to dark action to live action, from cyberpunk and supernatural, to mystery and suspense, you name it. Whatever show you wanted, they had it ALL. Before its demise, I truly thought the Hub Network was another renaissance coming forth in the same way, all because of Margaret Loesch, who by the way, I heard she retired??? Correct me if I'm wrong on that, but anything she had her hands on, she put so much love and care for everyone to appreciate the value of watching and enjoying shows again.

#4 MPetitWPB, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  5. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

No specific favorites from this corner.

6. Mr Flintstone

Mr Flintstone Member

I agree, no specific block. I used to go from channel to channel.

7. flyboywiz

flyboywiz Mixtape King

I feel old because everyone seems to be talking about Kids WB, I don't think that was around in the 80s. For some reason I can't really remember cartoons, wait now I do, I think Alvin and The Chipmunks was Saturday Morning, maybe Jem and The Holograms, but I don't think I watched that. I remember the USA Network had blocks of cartoons. I can't believe I can't remember because of all the cartoons I watched as a kid. GI Joe was afternoon so that doesn't count. I think He-Man and Muppet Babies were Saturday morning?

8. superdude

superdude king of cool

Flipped around. Probably watched more CBS/NBC than ABC with the exception of Bugs & Tweety and A Pup Named Scooby Doo. The first few years of Kids WB! were good, their weekday lineup was better.

9. Boj The Bloom

Boj The Bloom Member

Kids WB Was My Favorite One, Too. I Remember Watching A Lot Of Pokemon Back In 2005. This Was I Before I Watched Slim Pig And Nature Cat In 2015. Man, 10 Years Has Come By.......
    On And Off Topic, Did You Know This Thread Was Started By A User Who Is Now BANNED From The Site?

10. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, I'm aware that the thread was started by a banned user. That does not mean that any thread that they've made is now deleted. As long as the discussion is productive and on-topic, then there's no reason to close the thread, regardless of who made the thread.

11. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

My top favorite awesome Saturday Morning Blocks,

Fox Kids, The FoxBox/4KidsTV, The ABC Saturday Morning Block, Disney's One Saturday Morning, Kids' WB, and CBS Kidshow, mostly loved those blocks as much as it had most of my top favorite awesome classic cartoons/anime that I enjoyed like Tiny Toon Adventures, Batman: The Animated Series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003, Dog City, Eek! the Cat/Stravaganza, The Tick, Space Goofs, Sam & Max: Freelance Police, Xyber 9: New Dawn, The Cramp Twins, Chaotic, Huntik: Secrets & Seekers, The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show, Darkwing Duck, Madeline, Bump In The Night, Cro, Sonic the Hedgehog, What-A-Mess, Tales from the Crypt Keeper, Gargoyles, The Mighty Ducks, Doug, Pepper Ann, Recess, The Weekenders, Teacher's Pet, Sabrina: The Animated Series, Fillmore, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, The Mask, Flying Rhino Junior High, Freakazoid!, Earthworm Jim, Road Rovers, Channel Umptee-3, X-Men: Evolution, Static Shock, Mucha Lucha, Detention, Xiaolin Showdown, The Mummy, Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Flint the Time Detective, Cardcaptors, The Vision of Escaflowne, Dinozaurs, Transformers: Robots In Disguise, Medabots, Mon Colle Knights, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, Kirby: Right Back At Ya!, Fighting Foodons, Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy, Megaman: NT Warrior, Shaman King, Sonic X, G.I. Joe: Sigma Six, Mew Mew Power, Astroboy, and Dinosaur King for example:D.It made me upset when the Saturday Morning Blocks are dead while missing all those amazing/enjoyable underrated cartoons, oh well, but I still have dreams of enjoying them though.

#11 Radical, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  12. FidgitStyles

Let see, I switch from block to block on a yearly basis, but lets see. 83 it was NBC, 84 was CBS. 85-86 NBC, 88-89 ABC, 90 CBS, 91 ABC, 92 CBS, 93-96 Fox, 95-96 WB (Aired on Sundays during the first few seasons in my area so I didn't have to choose.) 97 WB, 98 ABC (98 was all around a bad season for all the networks). 99 WB, 2000 Fox up until Escaflowne was cancelled. 01 Fox. 02-07 WB, and from 08 CW 4Kid's. 09-14 stopped caring because mostly reruns and collect the monster animes aired. Lacked verity in the end.

Fox Kid's would have to top my list. Yeah Saban brought it down in 98 by replacing the entire line-up, but they did have moments the last two seasons.

Kid's WB was pretty good up until Fall 2005 when they only had two cartoons I liked or was not tired of.

I enjoyed the first season of One Saturday Morning because it was different. But outside of Doug and Recess, I didn't care about the other shows.

13. MrPersonality

MrPersonality New Member

I missed the old animation blocks...so I made one of my own :)

14. The Great Gazoo

The Great Gazoo Hello Dumb Dumbs

I was more of a channel surfer.

15. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

I liked ABC Kids, FOX Kids, CW Vortexx, Kids WB, & Disney's One Saturday Morning!

On Vortexx I watched Sonic X, original Yu-gi-oh, DBZ Kai ,etc

on Kids WB I mainly watched original Pokémon,

on FOX Kids there was Kirby: Right back at Ya,

on ABC Kids there was live-action Disney Channel shows like That's so Raven & Suite Life

(also there were cartoons like the Proud Family, Kim Possible, House of Mouse, etc & I don't remember what was on One Saturday Morning since I think that was in the '90's!)

Also CBS had a Saturday morning block but I wasn't really into it because there was no anime!

BUT Saturday night on Toonami is where it's at!

#15 Mikurotoro92, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  16. Master Toon

Master Toon Active Member

My favorite was Kids WB. I could watch it all morning long. The only time when I'd turn is if there was a show on that I didn't like (which was rare), there was a repeat, or if a show on another block was more interesting than what was on Kids WB.

17. Deebee

Deebee Purple Puma

Probably One Saturday Morning. It had a lot of fun and creativity to it.

18. MikeDodgers

MikeDodgers Member

One Saturday Morning, Nick On CBS, FOX Kids and Kids' WB were my fave blocks. Kids WB had Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon, Nick on CBS had all my Nickelodeon favorites like Rugrats, All Grown Up!, Rocket Power and As Told By Ginger. FOX Kids had NASCAR Racers and Power Rangers and One Saturday Morning had, well.....everything! Pepper Ann, Doug, Recess, 101 Dalmatians, Buzz Lightyear....that block had everything! I want those blocks back!

19. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Wanting is one thing, but let's embrace reality here, Mike. It isn't going to happen. You're better served hunting some of your favorites online or on DVD.

20. MikeDodgers

MikeDodgers Member

I've actually resorted to making a block of my own as a bit of a revolt against what's happened in recent years. My thanks go out to KissCartoon and YouTube for assistance in helping me make my own Saturday block. The networks try to take Saturday away from me.....just turn to technology for the answer. Now....if only there was a way to get the internet on our televisions, then we'd all be happy.