1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

what's with the sudden resurgence of vinal records?

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Mikurotoro92, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

lately i have noticed new limited-edition collectable vinyl records for both regular top 40 artists & soundtracks! why is there a sudden resurgence of vinyl records? can someone PLEASE explain the reasoning for this? is this part of the whole "nostalgia movement"? it's really bugging me! thanks in advance!

#1 Mikurotoro92, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  2. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Vinyl has never gone away. Its just that audiophiles prefer a warmer sound to the frequently shrill and edgy digital sound of CDs and the market is making notice of it again.

And I have like 1000 records on 33' so don't knock it till you tried it.

3. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

I don't know if it's the norm/default for everything, but I like how the vinyl albums I'm aware of also come with a free digital download code for what you bought. I think that's a nice incentive to buy a record over a CD.

4. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

i fixed the spelling i can never remember how to spell it!

5. Angilasman

Angilasman Active Member

Though audiophiles have their reasons for appreciating vinyl I think there are other reasons more casual fans like them: they're cool! You have the awesome, big covers, and the action of the player with the revolving record and the needle and such... there's just a fun to the action of it.

• Agree Agree x 1