What's Up With You?

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Jacob, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob

Jacob Moderator

Well, what's up with you? This is the place to tell Toon Zone members about your life, whether you want to talk about something good that happened to you, something bad that happened to you, something funny that happened to you, something weird that happened to you, or you might just want to talk about your day. There are some rules that you should follow when posting in this thread, though:

Don't post about every little thing you do! Put some effort into writing your posts; we want to hear stories, not stuff that no one cares about!

Here's an example of what kind of post should go here:

Here's an example of what kind of post shouldn't go here:

Also, there are some things that qualify as too much information. No examples needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2009
  2. Tomato Surprise

Tomato Surprise Uni-Baby Will Save Us All!

Eatin' waffles, then school. Yum. The first part, I mean. I've never tasted my school.

Tomato

3. Cassie Star

Cassie Star New Member

I'm a terrible insomniac...

Yeah. There may be a bit more to that, however... a bit complicated, actually.

4. JAG

JAG New Member

Sitting at college, trying to decide what classes to take next quarter. Tragically, it's looking like I'm stuck with a 10:15 AM class, meaning that I'll have to keep getting up at 5:30 to get a ride from my neighbor on his way to work. Woe is mifg909jrsiodddddddddddddd *falls asleep on keyboard*:p

5. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Oh, I actually have one.

When I was going in to work this morning there was a white cat sleeping in my car. He had crawled in because the windows were down. Both he and I were startled when I found him there and I yelled out "Cat! Damned cat!" which made him jump out of the car and run off across the road and up the hill. But then later I felt bad about it, like I had chased away a potential friend.

At least he didn't pee in my car, though, or I couldn't smell it if he did.

6. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

That's never fun. Especially when you share a bed with someone.

7. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men

Alright guys, let's keep in mind this thread is an attempt to give a place for things that would otherwise be closed as bloggy. It's not, however, the place to randomly spam anything that comes to mind OR give us TMI. If it becomes a problem, the thread will be closed. So let's all play nice--and be appropriate.

8. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

What's TMI?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2009
  9. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

I'm not sure I get the purpose. Is it a "What are you doing right the heck now?" plus one fest like the "What are You Watching?" and "What are you listening to?" threads? That's the way most people have responded to it.

Or is it a place to talk about interesting events that recently happened to you or are happening in your life? Was what I posted about the cat sleeping in the car spam or was that the kind of thing the thread is intended for?

Either way I fully second your wise prohibition on TMI, though. :)

Edit:

TMI means "Too Much Information" and it definitely includes talking about bodily functions.

10. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

I'm not a cafe mod obviously but I'm rather confident it's for exactly this, as opposed to mundane "I had toast for breakfast!" posts. ;)

Hmm...well, nothing too out of the ordinary is going on. I did sell my Playstation 2 on eBay for about a third of what I paid for my used PS3 though, so that's pretty awesome.

Oh, and the family has a golden retriever up north as of June. A family dog. She's a sweetie too...five or six months old. Got to meet her a couple of weeks ago.

11. Dr. Daedalus

Dr. Daedalus I presume.

That reminds me of when Regis Philbin said he was feeling a little gassy on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. It's like, "Eeew, more than we wanted to know, Rege!" :p

12. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Active Member

I am going to go to the library today while my mom is working out, but she isn't up yet:sweat:

13. PC!

PC! lolwut?

If I may make a suggestion, perhaps it would be beneficial to create some guidelines so members may know what exactly kind of material is appropriate for this thread and what isn't.

14. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men

This is exactly what it's for. In the past we've had issues with threads popping up like "I had a fender bender" or the like. This thread is where you would post something like that, that sort of interesting thing you want to share but wouldn't generate enough discussion to warrant a thread of its own is what you would post here.

So like GWO posted about getting a dog, that's perfect for this thread. Saying, "I brushed my teeth with mint toothpaste this morning" is NOT what we're looking for.

Or things relating to bodily functions. Some things we don't need to know.

15. Jacob

Jacob Moderator

Good idea. I added some guidelines to the top post.

16. Chazooma

Chazooma =' 3 '=

A mechanic is going to come over to look over my dad's car with a gas mask.
    The car reeks like an animal died inside it, which is probably the case.
    My mom took a quick look inside and didn't find anything,
    so she called a mechanic to look in deeper.

But I hope the smell dissipates after the removal of the problem,
    since he's very touchy about his car.
    He's been away on a business trip,
    so what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

17. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

OK, I learned my lesson
    Can everyone who quoted that please delete it?

18. WolfieKiwi

WolfieKiwi We lil' devils

Well yesterday, I discovered I have a fear of lobsters. It started when my dad brought a live one home in a brown grocery bag. He thought it would be funny if I didn't know about it. He got a good laugh but now I have a new fear. /=

I find it strange how I once owned two hermit crabs the size of a fist and never thought twice about holding them...and then when I see a lobster (Even after I was surprised.) it makes me cringe.

19. Cool Blue

Cool Blue Grand Master

first day of school tomorrow, my 2nd year of college. so spent the last few days of my summer catching up with friends from last year since we all went home for the most part over the long summer. including video games, movies and grocery shopping for oneself, it was pretty enjoyable. now to get back into the swing of things

20. Kevin the Geek

Kevin the Geek Golem fan

I'm trying to lose some weight.

When I went to the doctor six days ago, I weighed around 250 pounds, when I got on the scale at the doctor's office. Seeing this, I decided it was time to lose some weight.

Lately, I've been dieting and exercising a little bit to hopefully lose some weight. I want to weigh around 210 pounds, so I'll need to lose around 40 pounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.