What's the one Toonami show they should bring back?

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by creativitc, May 26, 2013.

1. creativitc

creativitc Guest

I have two that'd I'd really be happy up see return.

Johnny Quest
    Samurai Jack

2. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

An uncut properly dubbed Cardcaptor Sakura.

3. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

Johnny Quest and Samurai Jack are not possible at the moment since they air on Boomerang and CN does not want kids seeing those shows there and then stay up to watch them on Adult Swim too. Johnny Quest may also have aged too much for Toonami, they mentioned they don't want shows before 2000. Cowboy Bebop is the only exception to this since the animation holds up and they also really like it. It's also from 1998, while Johnny Quest is even older than that. Samurai Jack is a good possibility if it ever leaves Boomerang though.

Cardcaptor Sakura is probably out of the question. I don't see that happening. The age is already a problem. It's also long and probably not worth the money. Also getting a properly uncut dub on seems too unlikely at this point.

After the succesfully revived IGPX, I've been getting my hopes up for them doing the same with Megas XLR. It would be free to air and good to throw in somewhere in the middle of the block once Titan, Thundercats and IGPX have ran a few times for variety.

4. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Megas XLR and The Big O (both seasons) would be nice. Outlaw Star and any Gundam besides SD Gundam Force would also be nice at some point. Yu Yu Hakusho uncut in HD would be rad.

I'd like Megas most of all but since they have half of Big O getting the other half back should be a priority when it's possible.

One Piece was the show from Toonami's long history I most wanted to see return but more so because it had hundreds of un-aired episodes to run.

Now I'd like to see them focus on looking forward instead of digging up more of their past but if for no other reason to cycle in something else in the 3AM-6AM timeframe, any of the above would be swell.

5. vegeta95748

vegeta95748 New Member

If I had to pick one longer (50+ ep) show to air, it would be Yu Yu Hakusho, no doubt. Toonami never got to finish that show, so it would be great to see them get it back and finish it.

If we're just talking about a 26 episode series, it would be Outlaw Star no doubt. I freakin LOVE that show almost more than life itself. I would even stay up until 6 AM just to watch it.

6. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

The one I would like to see brought back would be Gundam 08th MS Team since I remembered that show so vaguely being on the Midnight Run that only a couple of scenes pop into my head. And it could even work if it was just a 1 or 2-night special where either air all 12 episodes in one night (at least that's what it says on wikipedia) or air 6 episodes on 2 nights or something. Or air it once a week, whichever.

7. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

I think Outlaw Star would be a great pick for a 3rd stint on the entirety.

8. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Oh dear, there are quite a few, but my top two series would be YuYu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin, both of which never even finished airing on Toonami in the first place.

9. VLGTZ

VLGTZ Too Much Time on My Hands

The shows I would really like to see come back are Yu Yu Hakusho and Big O.

10. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

Yu Yu Hakusho of course, which was robbed of finishing its run on Toonami.

11. monkey D Goku

monkey D Goku New Member

Yu yu hakusho

12. savedbythebell

savedbythebell Phoenix Wright fanboy

I love Yu Yu Hakusho and Outlaw Star but considering how cheap and available the DVD's for those shows are, I'd rather they air Rurouni Kenshin.
    Sailor Moon would be my top choice but thats never gonna happen.

13. The Man in Black

The Man in Black I have 5 of broats

I like many of the shows mentioned especially Megas XLR but I want to cast a vote out there for Cyborg 009.

14. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

While they probably wouldn't be able to air the original series, I'd love to see them air the new series at some point. I think that they mentioned that they were looking into that possibility, but it wouldn't be for awhile, especially when it seems to be delayed in Japan anyway.

15. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Game-playing dog lover

I wish AS would bring Code Geass back and air it on Toonami.

16. Evo

Evo Agent of Providence

Hamtaro.

Just Kidding!

Justice League Unlimited. But I think it's on Boomerang though.

17. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'

It's on that CW block, so Toonami probably can't even air it. I think Young Justice would make the best fit of any DC show but that might be a hassle.

I'd love to revisit stuff like Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star or the original Tenchi stuff.

18. El-Hazard

El-Hazard I like birds

Yu Yu Hakusho, and the first two seasons of Rurouni Kenshin,for me.

19. Lanmanna

Lanmanna New Member

Cyborg 009 for the win.

20. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 New Member

What's special bout Bebop again? For them to ignore Gundam Wing?