1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the longest you've gone without sleeping?

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Cartoons90, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Cartoons90

Cartoons90 Member

What's the longest you've gone without sleeping? It's not a fun thing, but I'm 24 and have started within the last few months to develop sleeping problems. I had them a little when I was a teenager but they are worse now. In December I went about 3-5/6 days without sleeping, though not by choice. I had a weird seasonal job and it kept me really keyed up. I say 3-5/6 because three days after my last actual sleep I may have slept at one point, but I'm still not sure if I was completely asleep or not. Four days after my original sleep I definitely didn't sleep, five days later I believe finally slept a little, and six days later I definitely took a nap and slept that night (December 27th leading into December 28th). It sucked. A busy mind is terrible. In good news, I did memorize every World Series winner during this time period.

What's the longest you've gone without sleeping?

2. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Banned

Countrymen,

Had sleeping problems since I was a teen. I can't even remember whens the last time I had a consistent sleep schedule.

The longest I've gone without sleeping was 3 days back in college. I've always been a procrastinator so whenever I had big assignments to complete I would always wait until the day before they were due to start. Some weeks I wold have several projects that needed to be turned in so I would pull three all-nighters in a row. Don't know how the people who are full-time students and have a job are able to do it.

3. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I think it was 48 hours. Every now and then I get a night where I don't sleep a wink, but I never had more than one sleepless night in a row.

4. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

A day and a half. I tend to stay up late on the computer.

5. BartWinkle

BartWinkle Active Member

From December 21 through New Year's Eve last year I had trouble sleeping. Mainly because I was having constipation issues.

6. Russelrules44

Russelrules44 Member

One time when I was young, My mom did an experiment to see how long it would be until I went to bed.......She finally gave up at 3 in the morning.

7. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

One night in August 2012 because I was going to visit Lisbon the following morning. I was in bed but I couldn't sleep thinking about my trip.
    Something similar happened last November on the day I was going on a field trip to the Primavera BSS headquarters with my school, but I had 35 minutes worth of sleep. My parents thought that it was because I was excited to go there but, actually, I was a bit sick and went on that trip like if nothing happened.

8. ChibiGoku

ChibiGoku Something Not Quite Right

It would definitely have to be more than 3 days, due to an abscessed tooth. Needless to say, when I was in pain, I couldn't sleep and I was actually screaming because of how painful it was. When I wasn't, I wasn't tired and couldn't sleep. The third day, my mom took me to the emergency room, so I could get some pain medication and eventually, I got taken to the dentist, who would take care of it soon. I missed at least a day of school, due to this. However, during the hospital visit, I started to fall asleep and not long after I got home, I finally fell asleep.

Either way, definitely the worst experience in my life. I have on occasion stayed up 30-36 hours, usually by choice or I had to correct my sleep schedule. The only real rough spot is usually hitting 22-24 hours, as I get incredibly tired, but then after that, I generally am fine until I go to sleep.

9. TheKaBlammer

TheKaBlammer Full-Time Otaku

Let's see. Recently, I woke up one day at 3am, and then I didn't got to sleep until 5 am the next day. 26 hours. I'm not a teen, yet, by the way.

However, it was by choice, because I found myself afraid to sleep because of some recent problems.

10. Youko Recca

Youko Recca Retired

3 Days. It was after they transported Nidal Malik Hasan to the jail I worked at in Bell County and we were on lockdown during his stay.

11. Sugarcat

Sugarcat New Member

something like 30 hours

12. JShaggy

JShaggy You Serious?!

A day and a half in my case, especially when I'm hard at work on something.

13. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

That's my answer as well.

14. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Well last night was New years so I would bring up that one New years I stayed up for at least 36 hours due to fireworks keeping me up and it was way too noisy to even try.

15. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

I'm in the middle of a 22-hour shift at work. I was up about 5 hours before I went in, so it'll be at least 27 hours awake when I'm done at noon. Then I'll have to decide if I nap for a few hours or stay up until night.

16. ToonamiSalami

ToonamiSalami New Member

I've made it to 48 hours due to stress and project deadlines. I can't imagine being up for longer than that. I was miserable. When I'm really stressed I tend to lose a lot sleep, until recently. A friend of mine started selling essential oils so I bought some from her including a lavender oil which is supposed to help you sleep. I totally didn't believe that it would help me sleep until I started using it. I would put it on at night when I would get frustrated from tossing and turning. Minutes after putting it on I'm out. It has worked 6 or 7 times for me now and I definitely recommend giving it a try.

17. MPetitWPB

MPetitWPB Member

Since high school, man. Typical homework stuff to complete or projects to finish, not to mention I was in a few after school activities that didn't really help matters too much. But after I took some melatonin and slow walking, it was almost like I never stayed up late at all... ;)

18. The Great Gazoo

The Great Gazoo Hello Dumb Dumbs

It was during my Freshman Year of College last year at final exam time. I was up over 30 hours straight for sure. Lots of coffee.

19. BagelBaygel

BagelBaygel New Member

a whole day without sleep. I kept thinking there was someone outside my window.