1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

What would be your ideal Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated crossover?

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jul 20, 2017.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

With the awesome Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures mini-series now available in the trade paperback format (check out the review right here), it;s an ideal to have some fun with the idea of another crossover between the two universes. So, as the thread title says, what would be your ideal Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated crossover? Which versions of these characters would you use? The Batman and the 2003 4Kids-produced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated series? Superfriends and the Fred Wolf Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Perhaps mash up the current Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with the Beware The Batman universe?

Share your thoughts and ideas! Which versions would you use? Which characters would you use? Who would be the big threat? Let us know!

[​IMG]

Share your thoughts, compare your ideas and just let us know how your ideal animated crossover would look!

Related Discussion:

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures (2016 Mini-Series) Talkback (Spoilers)

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Similar to the Space Ghost teaser opening, I'd dig seeing Batman from The Brave and The Bold enter the dimension of the '87 Fred Wolf TMNT amid one of Shredder and Krang's attempts to attack NYC with the Technodrome, all out battle against a bunch of the villains like Bebop, Rocksteady, Baxter Stockman, Metalhead, Rat King, Leatherhead, Slash, Foot Soldiers, Rock Soldiers, Scumbug, Groundchuck, Dirtbag -- ending with Shredder on the Knucklehead and Batman and Donatello figure out a way to sabotage the Knucklehead to blow up the Technodrome. Then they celebrate with pizza. Zoom on Batman, awkward silence then he saws dryly, "Better than nachos." Cut to title sequence.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dallas Kinard

Dallas Kinard Active Member

While The Batman and 03 TMNT would be very cool, I'd prefer a DCAU crossover. Perhaps have it set during Justice League or JLU so we can see that design in animation again. I REALLY hope this gets a DTV.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think probably the most practical team-up would be a B:TAS/2K12 crossover with the remaining Batman: The Animated Series VA's coming back for a crossover with the current Nickelodeon Turtles, like in the aforementioned comic :).

Although there are so many different takes on Batman and the Turtles that there are also so many combinations of crossovers you can do with them :anime:.

5. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

I say like a crossover with the Paramount Movie Turtles & Rebirth Batman. And as well a Straight Original Adaptation from the Crossover as the DTV.

6. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

If they can get the cast from the 2012 series, with the cast of BTAS that's all I gotta say.

7. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd honestly rather see TMNT 2012 cross-over with Beware the Batman. For starters, you'd already have the assets and not have to get used to the characters in the Batman side being in CGI. You could also milk a lot of content between the Ninjas and their connection to the Foot and Katana and her connection to the League of Assassins. Plus, it'd be a cool way to do another story in the Beware universe, which didn't get much of a chance at having more stories.

If this wasn't limited to just Batman, I'd also crossover TMNT 2012 to the original Teen Titans. Both shows do share the same anime-esque humor, intense mood whiplash, Ciro Nieli as a producer, a love of pizza, and even Greg Cipes as the voice actor for Mikey and Beast Boy. It'd be cool to see those two meet.

Finally, while Nickelodeon doesn't seem too interested in doing anything with TMNT 2003, I'd like to see that crossover with B:TAS. It's all just what-ifs anyway, so doesn't hurt to dream. The Batman would also fit fine, but I always thought the tone of the 2003 series was closer to B:TAS.

• Agree Agree x 1