1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

what was the first Saturday morning block u watched what saturday morning block did u grow up with m

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by qadleez, Jan 22, 2016.

1. superdude

superdude king of cool

Earliest would probably be Popeye and Bugs Bunny/Road Runner on CBS. Superfriends and Smurfs would probably be up there early on as well.

Grew up the most with Bugs Bunny & Road Runner/Bugs Buny & Tweety. Bugs Bunny would always be there as competing would either get stale or cancelled.

2. MikeDodgers

MikeDodgers Member

My fave blocks were One Saturday Morning/ABC Kids (2002-2005), Nick on CBS and FOX Kids. I liked Vortexx to an extent, since it was done by Saban, but it wasn't one of my favorites. Now that I hear that Litton's running a monopoly of Saturday Morning, I say it's time to take back our Saturdays in the name of cartoons!

3. imanidrayton

imanidrayton Member

Kids WB was my first Saturday morning block. Then it came on weekdays during the day. I think ABC was the next too.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

4. Vaughn B.

Vaughn B. Member

I watched The Funtastic World Of Hanna-Barbera's 3rd season & The ABC Weekend Specials.

5. Steve Burstein

I guess the 1965 or '66 CBS "Super Saturday" line-up, but I must have watched TV on Saturday morning before that. I don't think I kept it on CBS.

6. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

The earliest I remember watching was CBS Saturday Mornings in the late 80s. After that went downhill, I moved on to Fox Kids in the early 90s, then finally, Kids' WB! in the mid-90s.

7. DonaldDaffy

DonaldDaffy New Member

I was a normal Kids WB viewer until I discovered the FoxBox. The block was like a dream come true. I loved to watch the 2003 TMNT series, The Cramp Twins, Funky Cops, and Sonic X.

ABC Kids was OK, but one of the shows there that I couldn't get interested in was Recess. Even when I was a child, I couldn't understand the hype for it.

#27 DonaldDaffy, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  8. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think the first was Fox Kids. Mostly for Power Rangers. It wasn't long until I started watching Nick and CN and never bothered with broadcast programming until I moved to South Africa.
    I watched a lot Saturday morning blocks there, namely Yo-TV and Tube on SABC 1 and 2, respectively. When I got finally got satellite, I watched K-TV. A lot of these blocks aired cartoons that aired in the States, so it got me into watching blocks like Kids WB and Fox Kids again when I visited the States.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. imanidrayton

imanidrayton Member

I think Kids WB was the first Saturday morning program we watched until it completely vanished in 2008.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

10. Boomerangfan101

Boomerangfan101 Can You Not!

The first I think was either Kids WB or 4kidsTV on Fox

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

11. Antonio Bravo

Antonio Bravo IDOL UP!

My first one was definitely Fox Kids.

12. vto66

vto66 New Member

CBS in the early-'70s. ("Josie and the P-Cats", "Pebbles and Bamm Bamm", "The Monkees", "The Archies.").

13. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

The first Saturday morning blocks that I remember watching were the ones in 1983-1984. There's no real specific one that I'd watch, as I would watch at least one show from each of the networks at one point in the season (although the late morning/early afternoon definitely belonged to CBS and NBC).