1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

what was the first Saturday morning block u watched what saturday morning block did u grow up with m

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by qadleez, Jan 22, 2016.

1. qadleez

qadleez Active Member

What was the first one u watched and which one did u grow up the most with?

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

The answer to that was KidsWB watched it until it got replaced in 2008, mainly because it had more original toons than the ABC sat morning block.

3. JordanPowers3000

JordanPowers3000 You were born an original, don't die a copy

One Saturday Morning and Kids WB are the earliest examples of me watching a Saturday morning block that I can remember.

4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm pretty sure that the first Saturday morning block I watched was Kids' WB. It's the first block that I can recall watching at least.

5. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Either Disney's One Saturday Morning (but the second era that had The Weekenders and Lloyd in Space) or Kids' WB, but I think I mostly watched Kids' WB during the afternoons.

6. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I wouldn't really say I grew up with any of them, but I do remember wanting to watch One Saturday Morning when it first came out. I didn't get to see it much because my dad would always change the channel. I think it had to do with him wanting my brother and I to watch shows he was familiar with.

7. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

For me, It would be Kids' WB. I'd remember watching shows, such as, Xiaolin Showdown and Static Shock on that channel.

8. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Being over 50, I'd say I started in the late 60's, but because actual memories of that era are so hazy, I'm thankful that there were syndicated reruns of Space Ghost, Aquaman, Spider-Man, et al when I was a teenager.

9. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

I grew up with the pre-cheap anime import "unbranded years". When shows were mostly produced by DiC and Nelvana, NBC still ran cartoons, CBS ruled the roost with Muppet Babies and TMNT, ABC ran shows out of order (if they even ran em at all due to sports preemptions) with weird claymation bumpers, and nobody gave a crap about Fox until X-men (and later Power Rangers) came on.

Thooooose were the days!!!!!

10. MPetitWPB

MPetitWPB Member

Fox Kids, CBS Kidshow/Nick Jr. on CBS, and One Saturday Morning since I was born, and then Kids' WB in 2002. I had two FOX stations at the time though. WFLX 29 had it, but not WSVN 7. All they did was their news and then CNN Headline News. Had I realized they dropped it in 1993, I probably would not had been somewhat confused....

#10 MPetitWPB, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  11. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

One Saturday Morning. Very fond memories of waking up at around 7am or so (I can't remember the exact time) to catch the beginning of it after some local kids' junk on my ABC affiliate.

12. Baltofan2016

Baltofan2016 Banned

Denver the last dinosaur

13. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

My favourite kids block was definitely TamTam, which used to air every morning on a Belgian channel called VTM, but I could only watch it on Sunday mornings. I remember watching lots of Looney Tunes*, Cow and Chicken, Batman of the Future*, The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries*, The PowerPuff Girls, Scooby-Doo*, TMNT (2003), The Batman* and a Flemish show called Big en Betsy.

The logo looked like this:
    [​IMG]
    And here are three mute bumpers. They weren't mute on TV. I remember kids shouting ''Helaba!'' in every bumper. (pronounced more or less like this: Heyla ba)

It has apparantly also aired Dexter's Laboratory, but I only remember seeing it on other channels. I was unfortunately too young for Justice League* and X-Men Evolution*. (and they've never aired Justice League Unlimited :( )

*these cartoons were aired in English with subtitles :)

14. dothesmartthing

dothesmartthing Me too.

I think the first one I watched was the CBS Saturday morning block from the early '90s. I remember watching Garfield and Friends and Pee-Wee's Playhouse. As I got older, I didn't really stick to a particular Saturday morning block (maybe ABC but only because they aired Sonic the Hedgehog from 1993 to 1995).

15. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Kyupikon!

I first watched One Saturday Morning with my older brother, as well as Kids' WB with him. As I got older, I stuck with 4KidsTV's girls block (Magical DoReMi, Winx Club and Bratz), qubo (my favorites were VeggieTales on TV and 3-2-1 Penguins! and Larryboy Stories) and Kewlopolis (I watched the whole block sans Sushi Pack and Dino Squad, since those were time-slotted against my two favorite qubo shows).

16. D-nice is the man.

It was probably Kids' WB, then ABC Kids because of the Disney Programmings, and Fox Box/4Kids TV cause i grew up with Sonic X I pretty much watched them all when I can.

17. qadleez

qadleez Active Member

The first block i watched was jetix on abc family. My favorite is cw4kids

18. Mr Flintstone

Mr Flintstone Member

Not sure, it's been a long, long time. But The earliest I can remember watching Saturday morning cartoons was watching Tarzan Lord of the Jungle, The Bugs Bunny and Road Runner Show, The Super Friends and the Shazam/Isis Power Hour. I'm sure there were others.

19. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I was pretty young, so I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was Nick on CBS.

20. flyboywiz

flyboywiz Mixtape King

Saved By The Bell doesn't count as animation, but I remember that. The cartoons I can't be specific about, but I think The Flintstones and The Jetsons? This isn't Saturday morning, but I remember coming home after school to watch Duck Tales, maybe that's a different topic.