1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the darkest or creepiest Looney Tunes short?

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Rabbitearsblog, May 16, 2017.

1. Rabbitearsblog

What Looney Tunes shorts do you think were the darkest or creepiest? For me, I've always found Chowhound to be pretty dark, especially the ending. Also, some of the shorts where Sylvester and Porky Pig went to this haunted house was pretty creepy too. I've heard that Invasions of the Bunny Snatchers was really creepy too because of the doppelgangers, even though I haven't seen that short yet.

2. Looney Turtles

Looney Turtles Active Member

"The Case of the Stuttering Pig" for me. I can't think of a single short that I find darker or more creepy than that.

3. Rabbitearsblog

I've heard that that short was disturbing. I need to check it out sometime.

4. Frank98

Frank98 Keep moving forward

I don't know about full shorts, but there were several individual moments that were pretty creepy. Lots of suicide gags, for example (although they were pretty funny, as well).

5. Rabbitearsblog

Oh yeah, I remembered the numerous suicide gags they had, although they had cut them out when they aired on TV.

6. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Hair-Raising Hare for me :)

7. Yum

Yum Active Member

What about those Bertie and Hubie shorts, like The Hypo-Chrondi Cat or that one where Bertie and Hubie eat too much cheese, and therefore think it's time to die. What is the name of that one?

8. Rabbitearsblog

The episode where they ate too much cheese and think it's time to die was called "Cheese Chasers."