1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

What TV shows are you following?

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by wonderfly, Dec 8, 2014.

1. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Just kind of a survey thread (to see what my fellow Toonzoners are into):

What new TV shows are you following on TV right now?

And how do you follow them? Do you watch them on TV when the air? Catch them on Hulu a few days later? DVR or Tivo them? Watch them when the come out on DVD or Netflix?

Or if you don't watch "New" TV, what old TV shows are you watching? And do you binge when watching older stuff or spread it out?

I'm referring to live action shows only here...

2. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

I mainly watch the broadcast networks and mainly one channel a night, with some exceptions. As of now, I'm currently watching Scorpion, The Middle, The Goldbergs, Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory, and The Blacklist. And on occasion I watch Mom, Blackish, and About A Boy. As you can see, I'm more of a comedy guy.

3. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

For shows airing new episodes right now, my main ones are The Flash and Arrow. I also do enjoy A to Z, but I haven't been keeping up with it lately. I'm saddened to see it end though, since the show really seemed like it was going to become something special, but oh well.

As for series still in production, I'm looking for these to come back-

• The Americans
    • Game of Thrones
    • Girls
    • Hannibal
    • It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    • Louie
    • Orange is the New Black
    • Orphan Black
    • Parks and Recreation
    • True Detective
    Edit: oh, and Mad Men! I almost forgot about Mad Men. I'm saddened that it's ending, but the time has come.

4. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

All of the current shows I'm following are listed in my signature, and I watch them when they air. It's just easier and more convenient for me to sit down and enjoy them at the time than let them pile up on the DVR to watch later. Too much stuff on the DVR, and I feel overwhelmed trying to catch up; same if I was to wait for DVD or Blu-ray and catch up then. (Plus, with the number of shows I watch, buying season sets would be way too expensive.)

I only DVR something if I absolutely have to because of a conflict. Our CBS affiliate airs its primetime schedule an hour earlier than the rest of the country, so for example on Wednesdays Criminal Minds airs for me at 8PM (instead of 9), the same time as Arrow. My brother and I watch Arrow together, so I have to DVR Criminal Minds and then I watch it immediately afterwards.

TV is my main (and really only) source for watching shows. I don't download or stream anything. I guess I'm just old fashioned and like my traditional television viewing habits.

5. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit

I am currently watching the following NEW shows:

Once Upon a Time
    Marvel's Agents of SHIELD
    Sleepy Hollow
    Resurrection
    Hell's Kitchen

If I don't catch the live broadcast (which is most of the time, actually) then I watch it on Hulu days later.

From there, I also follow "Not Quite So New" shows on Netflix:

The Walking Dead
    Supernatural

These are shows that I don't watch new, I wait till the latest season comes out on Netflix. So I'm currently watching Season 4 of the Walking Dead on Netflix, while everyone else is on Season 5...

From there, I also watch "Old Stuff" on Netflix or Hulu or Amazon (such as):

I'm currently watching the occasional episode of the original "Twilight Zone" and the 60's "Star Trek" on Netflix, or the occasional episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 on Amazon (still so many that I haven't watched!)

I also just recently bought Season 1 of "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" on Amazon (I was inspired to check it out after viewing the latest Terminator movie trailer), so I'll start viewing that soon...

6. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Gotham
    Flash
    Lucha Underground

Looking to catch up with Constantine before NBC does the stupid thing and send it packing.......

7. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

I should probably preface my list by mentioning that I'm mainly a comedy person. I do like some sci-fi/adventure/fantasy, but I either been too busy or too lazy to catch most of those.

Currently the only broadcast network show I watch is The Big Bang Theory on CBS. The earlier seasons were better, but it's still pretty good.

On cable/satellite, I follow:

TBS: Conan

Comedy Central: The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report (though it's ending), @ Midnight

IFC: Comedy Bang! Bang!, The Birthday Boys, Portlandia, Garfunkel & Oates

On HBO, I'm waiting for the season premieres of Real Time with Bill Maher, Last Week with John Oliver and Silicon Valley

Lately, I've been getting into Friends of the People on TruTV; the cast are all pretty funny, especially the Lucas Bros. I guess I would like them...

8. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster

I'm watching them on TV as they air here in the UK, so I am likely several weeks behind you Americans, but my list is as follows;

Arrow
    The Flash
    Modern Family
    Gotham
    The Following
    Ray Donovan
    Agents of SHIELD
    Franklin and Bash

It's my understanding that Men at Work has since been cancelled, I was enjoying that until it recently stopped.

• Like Like x 1
  9. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men
    Staff Member Moderator

I (try to) keep up with on a week-to-week basis:

Supernatural
    The Flash
    Arrow
    Once Upon a Time
    Scandal
    How to Get Away with Murder
    Castle
    Covert Affairs
    Suits
    Game of Thrones (for those 10 weeks a year)

The list has been longer, but I dropped more shows than I picked up this season. Plus a few ended/are ending (The Newsroom, White Collar).

I also spend a lot of quality time with HGTV and House Hunters, Property Brothers, Love It or List It, etc. I also try to watch the Daily Show and Colbert, though he's also ending.

10. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

When they air:
    Bob's Burgers
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine
    Agents of SHIELD
    The Flash
    Arrow
    Grimm
    Toonami

When it's uploaded:
    The Legend of Korra

A few hours after they air:
    Adventure Time
    Regular Show
    Steven Universe
    Clarence
    The Amazing World of Gumball
    Family Guy
    The Simpsons
    Mike Tyson Mysteries
    Game of Thrones
    The Librarians

Catching up on:
    Gravity Falls
    Louie

Backed up on hard drive and who knows when I'll get to them:
    The 100(abandoned midway through first season; every episode saved since then)
    Constantine(still haven't watched a single ep)

Unwatched DVD sets:
    Too many

11. Damien

Damien Watching

I haven't had cable in quite some time, so what I watch lately is a mix of digital antenna, Netflix, and DVD (and one Crackle):

Gotham
    The Flash
    Arrow
    Justified
    Hannibal
    True Detective
    American Horror Story
    Peaky Blinders
    Ripper Street
    Bob's Burgers
    Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

Older shows I keep on Netflix but don't watch as hard include:

Mission: Impossible
    Adam-12
    Miami Vice
    Bones
    How I Met Your Mother
    Saxondale

My Netflix is packed with other shows I either haven't started or can't really get into so far. I also have times when I re-watch the entire series of The Office. On the rare occasions I do get a glimpse of cable, I also enjoy Moonshiners and North Woods Law.

12. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

I was following NCIS but the last season or two before Ziva left were just weak.
    I also watch the Walking Dead which seems to like killing off any moral/nice characters.
    And there's TruTV's Top Funniest.
    The rest of the non-cartoon shows I like to watch are on Animal Planet with River Monsters,Tanked, and Call of the Wildman being the ones I watch most.
    I try to watch these shows the next day on Optimum Demand since the new episodes usually air late at night.

13. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

Current shows I watch --
    The Simpsons
    Regular Show
    Steven Universe

14. wickedmountain

The Flash
    Avengers
    Hulk Agents of Smash
    The 7D

15. afrah15

afrah15 New Member

Survivor

thought I recomend to wait until the next season... this ones just about done

16. coluanprime

coluanprime Member

I'm currently watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter, Arrow, Flash, Scandal, and How to Get Away with Murder. I've decided to start going through all of the Joss Whedon shows starting with Buffy. I'm currently S3E03. I'm also very (very, very, very,) slowly going through the X-Files. I'm on the 6th episode of Season 4.

17. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

2 Broke Girls - 2BG a pretty funny little comedy on CBS. Honestly, I think right now I'd take a new 2BG episode over a new Big Bang Theory episode. I'll get a little more into that below.

New Girl - I'm not sure why I watch this show. It's not really that good of a show. I enjoyed the first couple of seasons. But I've gotten bored with it over the last year and a half.

Rizzoli & Isles - R&I is a show that I mostly just watch to watch it for my wife. I like Angie Harmon, but she's about the only thing that keeps my attention during the show.

Cougar Town - CT is a funny show from the creator of Scrubs It's definitely not as good as Scrubs, but it's still very enjoyable.

Young & Hungry - Y&H is a show that I found myself watching because I couldn't take my eyes off of its eye candy (Emily Osment). It's not a bad show though. I'm looking forward to its second season and seeing if the show can produce any longevity.

The Big Bang Theory - TBBT is a show that I really got into once it went into syndication. It's a shame because I'm realize now that from 2007-2011, I missed out on what was probably the best comedy on television. I haven't found the last couple of seasons to be as good as the first four or five. I am gonna stick through these last three seasons though cause I do want to go ahead and stay with the show through its finish.

18. PowerZord

PowerZord It's time to change.

I just caught up with "Fresh off the Boat" and "Once Upon a Time" on my Hulu Plus free trial. I used to follow revenge and now that's over, so I'm mostly catching up or re-watching old tv shows like Malcolm in the Middle, The X files and Power Rangers. (Netflix)

I watched Netflix's Daredevil in less than a week and now I regret it :/ since I have to wait till next year for the next season.

19. BartWinkle

BartWinkle Active Member

Intervention, Hoarders, and Hoarding: Buried Alive.

20. simpsonsfan

simpsonsfan Froakie - Bubble Frog Pokemon
    Staff Member Moderator

I watch way too much TV. This summer I'm watching The Flash (repeats live on CW, never watched it when it premiered last year.), Girl Meets World (DVR) and Under the Dome (DVR) when it starts again. The rest of my TV viewing currently involves watching The Simpsons from the beginning (currently done with Season 3 DVD set plan to start 4 soon), Degrassi: TNG rewatch before Season 14 ends next month (currently done with Season 4 DVD set plan to start 5 tonight) and Buffy: The Vampire Slayer (done with Season 1 on Netflix. Will watch the rest eventually.)

As for shows this fall I watch most of them on Hulu. The only shows I watch live as they air on TV are Once Upon a Time, The Flash (I enjoy Season 1 enough that I plan to watch Season 2 this Fall), Survivor, The Vampire Diaries and The Amazing Race. Most of the rest of my shows Family Guy, Fresh Off the Boat, Beyond the Tank, Arrow, The Middle, Modern Family, The Originals, Last Man Standing and Shark Tank I watch on Hulu. The only fall TV show I have to DVR is The Big Bang Theory. I also plan to check out new shows The Muppets, Grandfathered and Dr. Ken this Fall and if I like them I should be able to keep up with them on Hulu since they are FOX and ABC shows.

Wow after tallying that up I watch 20 shows currently and might end up with 23 by the Fall.