1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

What TV shows are you following? (Animated shows, that is)...

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by wonderfly, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

Welp, might as well give this thread a try.

I watch a lot of cartoons nowadays; probably more than I did when I was a kid. My top favorite current cartoons are Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and Gravity Falls for of a number of reasons including their interesting characters, adventures, continuity, occasional action, depth, and mysteries that make me want to know more about the shows' worlds. However, I'm going to break it it down by channel. Note that I'm listing the cartoons in no particular order, not from favorite to least favorite.

Cartoon Network: This happens to have the most cartoons that I like to watch.
    Adventure Time
    Steven Universe
    Clarence
    Uncle Grandpa
    Over the Garden Wall (Yeah it's a miniseries, but it's a wonderful miniseries)
    The Amazing World of Gumball
    Detentionaire (This can only be found on CN's website and app. Out of the four digital CN cartoons, this is my favorite.)
    Regular Show (I stopped watching for a season because of the predictable formula, but I started watching again for the latest season. However, after the abysmal ending of "Merry Christmas Mordecai", I'm beginning to wonder if I should drop this show once more.)
    The upcoming Transformers: Robots in Disguise (While initially had low expectation due to the choppy looking animation, a couple more previews for it increased those expectations.)

Adult Swim:
    Black Dynamite
    Rick & Morty
    Mike Tyson Mysteries

Disney:
    Gravity Falls
    The upcoming Star Vs. the Forces of Evil (Only saw the intro, but it looks like it's going to be my kind of cartoon.)
    The upcoming Penn Zero: Part Time Hero (Saw the preview and thought it was pretty deece. This show is on my radar)
    (I used to watch Wander over Yonder, but I lost track of it and eventually stopped watching it altogether.)
    (I tried The 7D, but it's just too simplistic for my tastes and the characters don't interest me. When I watch this show, I don't crave for more like I do with other shows I like to watch. I don't dislike it, but it's not hooking me in)

Nick:
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    (I'm just not interested in Legend of Korra. Same goes for its predecessor.)

Online: This category is for any cartoon that is primarily or exclusively found online
    Angry Birds Toons
    Angry Birds Stella
    Bravest Warriors
    Bee and Puppycat
    Dick Figures
    Dragonball Z Abridged
    (Do Abridged Series count, because this one is hilarious.)
    Madness Combat (This series is nothing but impeccable action. With the lack of action cartoons nowadays, I need to get my action fix somehow)
    Raised by Zombies

Wakfu (Thank you, Netflix)

Anime: I watch these from a variety of places.
    Attack on Titan
    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
    (Thanks for the heads up, PapaGreg)
    Trigun

EDIT: Man, I knew I watch a lot of cartoons, but after making this list, I'm surprised by the number of them :eek:. I'm amazed that I have the time to watch all of them.

#21 Gatordragon, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
  2. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Kyupikon!

Magic Adventures of Mumfie
    HappinessCharge Pretty Cure!

3. ThatOneOddDrone

ThatOneOddDrone New Member

Cartoon Network -
    Adventure Time
    Regular Show
    Steven Universe
    Clarence
    Teen Titans Go!

Anime -
    Attack On Titan

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. wickedmountain

Avengers,Spiderman and the Hulk agents of smash all on Disney XD

5. BugsBunny825

BugsBunny825 Member

Nickelodeon: Honestly, all of Nick's new shows are terrible. I can't get into any of them. The two good shows left on Nickelodeon are Fairly OddParents and SpongeBob, old cartoons that have lasted a long time. Unfortunately, Nickelodeon has no idea what the heck they want to do these shows. Instead of airing episodes weekly like normal shows do, they air an episode every six months or something. It's getting really annoying.

Cartoon Network: As for Cartoon Network, I don't find any of their current original cartoons good. I only like their reboots. Weird, huh? Anyway, I'm currently following Teen Titans Go! and Sonic Boom on there.

Disney Channel: Ah, Disney Channel! While it still has way too many live action sitcoms, it's getting better. I follow Gravity Falls, Mickey Mouse, and Star vs. The Forces Of Evil. I don't really follow Wander Over Yonder and Phineas & Ferb due to their weird schedule, but I when find out they've aired new episodes, I immediately go watch them.

6. ChikoritaCheezit

ChikoritaCheezit The Random Shipper

MLP

South Park

(Probably) Star vs. The Forces of Evil.

7. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

The Amazing World of Gumball, Steven Universe, Clarence, Hubert & Takako, Shaun the Sheep and Gravity Falls :)

I haven't seen Over the Garden Wall or Star vs the Forces of Evil yet, but they look nice as well.

8. ChikoritaCheezit

ChikoritaCheezit The Random Shipper

I think I might start following Gravity Falls too. All day, I've just been watching it trying to get caught up and it keeps amazing me even more. I'm almost through all the episodes. I'm trying to make it through the second season.

9. Commander Beeper

Commander Beeper Watchdog

I tend to catch Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, and Clarence whenever I can. I also got started watching South Park a while back.

10. BeanoMaster

BeanoMaster Active Member

Cartoon Network

Adventure Time
    Regular Show
    Clarence
    Uncle Grandpa
    Steven Universe
    Sonic Boom

Nickelodeon

Harvey Beaks
    SpongeBob SquarePants
    TMNT
    The Fairly OddParents

Disney

Phineas and Ferb
    Mickey Mouse
    Gravity Falls
    Star vs The Forces of Evil
    Wander over Yonder

Other

Thunderbirds Are Go!
    Shaun the Sheep

• Like Like x 2
  11. ILuvToons

ILuvToons Yellow Pearl got sass!

Not really into much right now, but channel-wise:

CN: nothing

Disney Channel: Gravity Falls, may watch Star a bit more (for some odd reason, my package of Dish doesn't have any of the Disney channels, so I have to look elsewhere).

Nick: Oggy and the Cockroaches (mostly watch it online, cuz as we know that little incident a few weeks ago stopped the show from airing on Nickelodeon), little bit of Harvey Beaks

Discovery Family: My Little Pony, duh!

12. simpsonsfan

simpsonsfan Froakie - Bubble Frog Pokemon
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't watch as many cartoons as I used to watch. The few I do watch are; Family Guy, Gravity Falls, The Simpsons and SpongeBob.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ty0005

Ty0005 Member

CN/Adult Swim:
    DBZ Kai
    Rick and Morty
    Mike Tyson Mysteries
    American Dad!
    King of The Hill
    Gumball
    Teen Titans Go!
    Clarence
    (Recently Watched Over The Garden Wall, incredible show!)

Disney:
    Gravity Falls

Netflix:
    Bob's Burger's
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
    Billy & Mandy

Online:
    Spectacular Spider-Man
    The Batman
    The Looney Tunes Show(2011)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Thanks for pointing this thread to me. Sorry for not looking myself.

Ultimate Spider-Man
    I'm the kind of geek who enjoys anything based on my absolute favorite character, so I watch this and mostly enjoy it.
    I watch the other two shows sparingly, and mainly when Spider-Man makes a guest appearance in an episode of them.

Nick's TMNT

It's a fun show, and brings good pleasure to this fan of the turtles.

I thought the list here would be longer, I was wrong. I don't even have anime shows I follow regularly, Psycho Pass might be an exception if I did not wait for full season release before viewing the full arc.

15. throwback cartoon

throwback cartoon New Member

regular show, teen titans go, hulk, spiderman, avengers, simpsons, bobs burgers , family guy, American dad, south park, brickle berry, athf, squidbillies

• Like Like x 1
  16. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

The only shows I watch religiously on Cartoon Network currently are Regular Show and Steven Universe.

I also watch my Merrie Melodies and Looney Tunes collections from my Laserdisc and DVDs sets.
    Everything else that I that like, or sort of like, I watch from the free CNR and Toonreboot live streaming sites that play shows and cartoons, such as, Looney Tunes, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Samurai Jack, Sailor Moon, I am Weasel, Cow & Chicken, Reboot, Dexter's Lab, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, Sheep in the Big City, ToonHeads, Tom & Jerry, Top Cat, Scooby Doo, Justice League, Justice League(Unlimted), Batman Beyond, Superman:TAS, Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Pink Panther Show, Code Lyoko, Alvin & the Chimpmunks, Garfield & Friends, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, 2 Stupid Dogs and more.

#36 DVDLooney, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  17. Danno Kane

Danno Kane New Member

My Favorite cartoons past & present were always Quirky and Zany ones., Adventure Time., Transformers Animated., El Tigre., Tales from the Cryptkeeper., The Beetlejuice Cartoon., Attack of the Killer Tomatoes the series., Toxic Crusaders., Uncle Grandpa., Eek the Cat., My life as a Teenage Robot., Star vs the forces of Evil., Pig., Goat., Banana & Cricket., Teen Titans Go., Sam and Max freelance police., Pelswick., Freakazoid., Earthworm Jim., Golan the Insatiable., Ren & Stimpy., Darkwing Duck., Bob's Burgers., BoBo Bobobobo., Galaxy Angel., Edgar and Ellen., &
    The Buzz On Maggie.,,.

#37 Danno Kane, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  18. NewYorkEagle

NewYorkEagle Member

The only children's cartoon that I watch now is We Bare Bears. That's it. I don't find Nickelodeon and Disney to be good now.

19. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

Sadly there seems to be nothing for me on TV anymore, I mostly just watch cartoons through streaming sites like Netflix and Hulu.

20. Spaceman

Spaceman I Am Here

Wander Over Yonder is my #1 priority when it comes to watching new episodes. After WOY, it's a toss-up between Star Vs, Harvey Beaks, Rick & Morty and We Bare Bears. Oh and Bojack Horseman on Netflix.

I've been lapsed with Gravity Falls and Steven Universe for a while now but I'd like to catch up before the year ends. TBQH I really prefer to binge-watch these two in large chunks due to the ongoing storylines.

As for older shows, I'm currently marathoning Samurai Jack on Hulu Plus and Superman: The Animated Series on DVD.

As for anime, there are many shows I'd like to start or (embarrassingly in some cases) finish watching, but my #1 goal is to finally get around to watching Durarara!!x2.