1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

What Toonami shows do we want to see revived?

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by PicardMan, Oct 2, 2017.

1. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

With Samurai Jack's revival being well-received and FLCL incoming, what do we want to see revived next? I've been thinking about the possibility of a Bleach continuation considering how Bleach used to be Toonami's signature show before Dragonball Z Kai stole its thunder.

2. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Deadman Wonderland - Find an animation studio to pick it up from Manglobe's corpse and finish the story.

3. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

Excellent pick. It was the first new show of nu-Toonami. Back then, Toonami seemed to pick the obscure shows and turn (some of) them into champions. The cliffhanger ending still stings a little.

4. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Batman: The Animated Series.

"Batman and Harley Quinn" shows a revival is possible.

5. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo revived.

6. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

That would be something. That's probably the least-likely show to ever get revived considering its divisiveness among Toonami fans. Still, Toonami's had far worse shows (let's point and laugh at Dimension W, which I'd be surprised if anyone nominates that show for this thread).

7. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

There's nothing I want more than season 2 of Sym-Bionic Titan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

Well, that show was given a tax-write off so it can't be shown or rivived again. Thundercats, IGPX, and Beware the Batman share that fate.

9. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

Not exactly a "Toonami revival", but again Sailor Moon Crystal or even just finishing the original series.
    Sailor Moon was just as important to the block's history as DBZ or Gundam and yet nothing.

On the more fanciful side and more in-tune with the topic, a Big O reboot of sorts would be great for the block if they would manage it, while not huge Big O does have a niche audience in the west that would be happy to see it return in some way.

10. Daikun

IGPX was eventually rescued, though.

11. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

I know that IGPX is now able to rerun, but I don't know whether or not further seasons can be made. So much legal stuff involved. IGPX seems to be the one show Toonami fans seem super indifferent towards, so I don't imagine a sequel or reboot happening.

12. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

IGPX was alright, I appreciate the Sci-Fi angle for what's basically a sports anime.

And to be frank, Toonami fans really don't know what they want half of the time

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

More like there are quite a few factions of anime fans. There is the long-runner vs short-runner rivalry, the dark vs light shows rivalry, the old shows vs new shows rivalry, and the rivalries of certain shows (particularly shonen vs shonen)

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Scrappy-Fan92

Asking for consensus among anime fans is like trying to nail gelatin to a wall.

Screw it, I've only seen the first five episodes, but let's have an Outlaw Star revival.

15. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

Do we want continuations of shows with a definitive end? I know that FLCL's revival is getting quite the mixed reception based on the fact that its a continuation of a show with a definitive end.

16. Scrappy-Fan92

I didn't know Outlaw Star had a definitive ending. I just thought this thread could apply for direct continuations or reboots of Toonami shows (not that Outlaw Star has much else to pull from given its source material's short run, but still).

17. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

I'm sure an Outlaw Star sequel could be desirable in some circles. After all, anime with an actual end getting a sequel isn't unheard of (Pyscho Pass, Gundam, Gundam Seed).

18. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

While not a sequel, Outlaw Star did get a spin-off series Angel Links. Toonami's never had interest in showing it though. Funimation also has it in their catalog.

19. Daikun

Angel Links is pretty bad. I wouldn't recommend it.

20. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

A straight up English dub of Macross followed up by Macross Plus and all the series (TV, OVA, and otherwise) that haven't been released in the North America yet. The cost of the music is still an issue but we can hope with what's going on with Catalyst Games\Harebrained Schemes\PGI vs Harmony Gold will kick Harmony Gold's legal teeth in so severely that they have to give up the copyright troll ways.