1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT THE FLIP?

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by SparkleMan, Jul 1, 2017.

1. SparkleMan

SparkleMan Well-Known Member

I was just casually scrolling, looking for some things on NickSplat (All Growed up is apparently airing tonight or tomorrow and the Great Parent Mystery special of CatDog is airing next Sunday), and then I saw a certain listing.
    "Cry Baby Lane" set for 2AM (perfect time, right?)! How? I can't believe it!

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

3. SparkleMan

SparkleMan Well-Known Member

Cry Baby Lane is basically is the movie that traumatized a generation. Why would anybody want to watch it?!

4. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

That is exactly why I wanted to watch it so many years ago when it was lost. Watched it when it was found and was kinda disappointed. A little freaky for Nickelodeon, but nothing "traumatizing". That's why they only bumped the rating up from Y7 to PG.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

You think Cry Baby Lane is bad? I know something that's even worse...the infamous "Son of Stimpy" episode of The Ren and Stimpy Show, especially the reason why John Kricfalusi not only made the episode, but why he made it the way he did.

Suffice it to say, it's the most disgusting (as well as the "stinkiest") episode of either era of the entire 53 (I think) half hour series: an unfunny-on-purpose episode that's completely idiotic, even by the show's standards, and all for what: to prove a point about "fake pathos"? That has to be even worse than something like Cry Baby Lane. That was not what people came to see (even if at least some of them didn't know it yet). I mean, Is it any wonder it (the Ren and Stimpy episode, I mean) premiered on MTV first (in 1993, even) before it aired on NICK months later?

Long story short, as far as family movies (or TV shows) go, there are worse things out there than Cry Baby Lane.